Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 13:45   #46
BHPian

re: Delhi to Mukteshwar : Route Queries

I drove Delhi-Bhimtal- Delhi this past weekend. Please avoid Rampur- Rudrapur stretch. The road condition is really bad. It has heavy and slow traffic because even trucks and buses find it hard to negotiate the potholes. You can very well imagine the struggle for vehicles with low ground clearance.
itinerant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 23:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
I am originally from Moradabad ... same route (NH24), Ghaziabad-Hapur Bypass-Gajraula-Moradabad
1. Delhi-Greater Noida Expressway-Bulandshahr-Sambhal-Moradabad. You cross River Ganga at Anupshahar, though you will find little bit congestion but you will pass through. But the road conditions are not that good on this route.

2. Delhi-Ghaziabad-Merrut-Bijnor-Noorpur-Kanth-Moradabad You cross River Ganga once you about to enter Bijnor at Mirapur Barrage. This is the longest and most preferred route. Even the trucks and buses use this route.
Hello Singh,
I was wondering if you could advise the best outbound and inbound routes: ex Dilli bound for Hotel Holiday Regency (on NH-24, Moradabad followed by return)

Outbound (ex Dilli): Sunday August 12, Start Approximately 5:30 PM
Inbound (to Dilli): Wednesday August 15, Start Approximately 4:30 PM

Option 1: Distance 170 km: Via Ghaziabad, Hapur byepass,Dasna, Pilkhuwa, Garh Mukteshwar, Gajraula (https://goo.gl/CfoQtb)

Option 2: Distance 208 km: Via Bulandshahr, Garh Mukteshwar, Gajraula (https://goo.gl/a8r5Wu)

Option 3: Distance: 216 km: Via Bulandshahr, Anupshahr, Sambhal (https://goo.gl/iEsxWg)

Option 4: Distance 257 km: Via Ghaziabad, Meerut, Bijnor, Noorpur, Kanth (https://goo.gl/riTRbL)

Question 1: In your view what option should I select on my outbound and return trips , considering following aspects - Security/Safety of self & family (most of the drive will be after sun-down) , least driving time, average to great road conditions.

Question 2: Please could you enlighten why you recommend certain option over others, for given start time and planned date- e.g. Annual Kanwar pilgrimage and related bandobust, Nahaan/Snaan, road blocks due to construction (e.g. at Pilkhuwa), congested toll plaza - (e.g. Dasna) , condition of roads, access to swachh toilets enroute, availability of dhabas, expected road conditions or any other factors.

Considering it's western UP I am taking the presence of slow overladen Maruts and tractors jostling for space on a long weekend break with crass urban holiday revelers as a given.

Others - please chime in with your views - I need to make a decision soon - as a few meetings will need to be lined up based on choice of route.

Hoping to see a few replies - that will be of immense help!
Old 29th July 2018, 23:38   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Others - please chime in with your views - I need to make a decision soon - as a few meetings will need to be lined up based on choice of route.

Three four months back, I went to Mukteshwar with my family. I started my journey at 3 in the morning. I took the option 1 and found it to be great. The roads were good except near Gaziabad where it is a two laned road. Apart from this, I found it a great route to complete the journey.
Old 30th July 2018, 10:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Three four months back, I went to Mukteshwar with my family. I started my journey at 3 in the morning. I took the option 1 and found it to be great. The roads were good except near Gaziabad where it is a two laned road. Apart from this, I found it a great route to complete the journey.
Thanks - The roads at / from Ghaziabad are known to be congested due to lack of real estate. 3 in the morning would have been a breeze. Unfortunately I have to start at 5:30 in the evening - and Option 1 is bound to be a nightmare straight from hell.
Old 30th July 2018, 11:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - The roads at / from Ghaziabad are known to be congested due to lack of real estate. 3 in the morning would have been a breeze. Unfortunately I have to start at 5:30 in the evening - and Option 1 is bound to be a nightmare straight from hell.
Regarding Option 1: you can avoid the 2 lans Gzb stretch altogether. Take the Akshardham flyover and right at the entry to Gzb, take the elevated road to Meerut. It has an exit very near to the hapur bypass. Infact, if you are ready to drive a few KM extra, you can take the meerut exit, then enter the EPE extressway and exit at NH after the Dasna toll.

However, considering the Kanwar yatra time, expect a lot of detours and/or slow traffic everywhere till Garhmukteshwar atleast.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 14:04   #51
BHPian

Kawar yatra will be till 9th August - Shivratri.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 16:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Singh,
I was wondering if you could advise the best outbound and inbound routes: ex Dilli bound for Hotel Holiday Regency (on NH-24, Moradabad followed by return)

Outbound (ex Dilli): Sunday August 12, Start Approximately 5:30 PM
Inbound (to Dilli): Wednesday August 15, Start Approximately 4:30 PM

Option 1: Distance 170 km: Via Ghaziabad, Hapur byepass,Dasna, Pilkhuwa, Garh Mukteshwar, Gajraula (https://goo.gl/CfoQtb)

Option 2: Distance 208 km: Via Bulandshahr, Garh Mukteshwar, Gajraula (https://goo.gl/a8r5Wu)

Option 3: Distance: 216 km: Via Bulandshahr, Anupshahr, Sambhal (https://goo.gl/iEsxWg)

Option 4: Distance 257 km: Via Ghaziabad, Meerut, Bijnor, Noorpur, Kanth (https://goo.gl/riTRbL)

Question 1: In your view what option should I select on my outbound and return trips , considering following aspects - Security/Safety of self & family (most of the drive will be after sun-down) , least driving time, average to great road conditions.

Question 2: Please could you enlighten why you recommend certain option over others, for given start time and planned date- e.g. Annual Kanwar pilgrimage and related bandobust, Nahaan/Snaan, road blocks due to construction (e.g. at Pilkhuwa), congested toll plaza - (e.g. Dasna) , condition of roads, access to swachh toilets enroute, availability of dhabas, expected road conditions or any other factors.

Considering it's western UP I am taking the presence of slow overladen Maruts and tractors jostling for space on a long weekend break with crass urban holiday revelers as a given.

Hey Buddy,
Option no. 1 is the best route to take. Since it's a sunday you won't encounter much of traffic, especially the office hour rush which is not less then a nightmare. What you can do is after crossing Akshardham and then Gazipur take the elevated road upto Raj Nagar Extension. After that there are 2 options:

First: You take the road towards meerut and then get onto EPE reach Dasna after crossing the toll and then continue on NH-24. But Delhi Merrut route is generally chocked or it has too much traffic so I avoid it. Even if I am going to Merrut from Delhi I avoid this route, it is so pathetic.

Second: After crossing the Raj Nagar Extension go straight towards Raj Nagar (instead of going left towards merrut in first option) and take left on Hapur Road. See the red line on the map attached. I take this route 90% of times when I go to Delhi. So taking this option will let you drive less and has less traffic and congestion due to minimal number of red lights and after taking the left on Hapur Road you just keep going straight.

Second option is the shortest and safest route with loads of dhaba’s and restaurants. Once you cross pilakhuwa it’s a breeze till Moradabad with 4 lane highway accompanying you all the way to Holiday Regency. You have options like Mcd, Kfc, Café Coffe Day, Bikaner, Domino's at Gajraula with other restaurants and dhaba’s on the highway itself. None of the other 3 routes have this and I will not recommend you to travel through other 3 routes at night. SAFETY!! Though I have travelled through all of them but they are not viable when it comes to driving at night.

Now regarding Kanvar yatra, You will not face them until you hit Brijghat. After that (crossing the bridge over ganga) one side road is usually closed (for kanvar) while the other side is open to traffic. Yes it takes a little longer but you will reach your destination easily without any drama. Since you will be travelling in the night the local traffic will be very less so that will work in your favour as well.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Delhi to Mukteshwar : Route Queries-untitled.png

Last edited by Singh09 : 31st July 2018 at 16:59.
Singh09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 10:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Hey Buddy,
Option no. 1 is the best route to take. Since it's a sunday you won't encounter much of traffic, especially the office hour rush which is not less then a nightmare. What you can do is after crossing Akshardham and then Gazipur take the elevated road upto Raj Nagar Extension. After that there are 2 options:

Once you cross pilakhuwa it’s a breeze till Moradabad with 4 lane highway accompanying you all the way to Holiday Regency.
Let me know if you have any queries.

Attachment 1785626
Many thanks Singh for your reply.
I am a little wary of possible traffic backup at Pilakhuwa considering that area has major bottleneck due to flyover/elevated road construction. I had been stuck there once for close to 2 hours at 11 PM returning from Pithodagarh. This was in March.

Should I be concerned this time - considering I will be reaching that stretch between 8 to 9 PM?
I checked google maps specifically for the Pilakhuwa stretch around this time, and at other times as well with Real Time traffic updates - and have also found this section to be a deep red - indicating heavy volume, at a slow speed.
Old 1st August 2018, 12:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I am a little wary of possible traffic backup at Pilakhuwa considering that area has major bottleneck due to flyover/elevated road construction. I had been stuck there once for close to 2 hours at 11 PM returning from Pithodagarh. This was in March.

Should I be concerned this time - considering I will be reaching that stretch between 8 to 9 PM?
I checked google maps specifically for the Pilakhuwa stretch around this time, and at other times as well with Real Time traffic updates - and have also found this section to be a deep red - indicating heavy volume, at a slow speed.
There will be traffic at Pilakhuwa but you can't avoid it. It keeps moving though, but if you reach Pilakhuwa before 9 or say8:30 than you will avoid the truck traffic which starts after 9. This is when the actual congestion start to build up, so try to cross that patch before 8:30 if possible. This is the only patch that hurts
Singh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 00:27   #55

Quote:

Hey buddy,

Option 1 is best which is also suggested by Singh, but why do you want to close the night at Regency Moradabad?

It will take around 2.5 hours more to reach Haldwani via Tanda-Bazpur-Kaladhungi route. I drive on this route couple of times every month.

For Pilakhuwa you don't have any option, but don't worry as I have crossed this section without any traffic around 9:00 PM on 22nd July, so it's pure luck, I will not advise any other route due to safety reasons.
I stay at Haldwani, so let me know if you need any more information.
Travel4X4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
Hey buddy,

Option 1 is best which is also suggested by Singh, but why do you want to close the night at Regency Moradabad?

It will take around 2.5 hours more to reach Haldwani via Tanda-Bazpur-Kaladhungi route. I drive on this route couple of times every month.

For Pilakhuwa you don't have any option, but don't worry as I have crossed this section without any traffic around 9:00 PM on 22nd July, so it's pure luck, I will not advise any other route due to safety reasons.
I stay at Haldwani, so let me know if you need any more information.

Hey thanks!
I am planning a break at Regency Moradabad, because next morning - I have planned a rendezvous with a friend at Corbett Museum. We will proceed to Ramgarh after lunching at Mr. Lee's Kitchen in Kathgodam.
It will be difficult for him to drive up through Corbett, late evening, for the rendezvous - besides which he has already paid for his Corbett night stay.

You mentioned safety reasons about the other routes. That to me is paramount. The last thing I want is to be waylaid in a remote patch, and something bad happening. Thanks again!
Old 6th August 2018, 15:02   #57
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Mukteshwar : Route Queries

Dear All:

Is there an update on the road conditions from Gurgaon to Corbett - after rains? I am planning for a drive to Corbett later in August and wanted to check if anyone knows how the roads are after the rains? Any concerns?

Thanks.
Old 28th September 2020, 08:14   #58
BHPian

i will be travelling From Delhi to Sitla (Mukteshwar) around 16-17 Oct, which would be the best route now?
Old 5th August 2021, 13:18   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
i will be travelling From Delhi to Sitla (Mukteshwar) around 16-17 Oct, which would be the best route now?
Did you travel to Mukteshwar. How was the route and any specific points to stop for breakfast since I will be starting early from Ghaziabad
Old 6th August 2021, 14:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys,

Which would be the best route to take for Mukteshwar from Delhi w.r.t present road conditions?
I operate the only laundry in Mukteshwar are. Although closed as of now as I'm shifting my plant. Most of the resort owners know me. Let me know if you want some numbers.

The route is like a local commute to me. Take the route via rudrapur-haldwani-bhimtal-padampuri-kasiyalekh-bhatelia-mukteshwar.

This route is shorter, less traffic and more scenic. Although roads are narrow, but in goo to great conditions.

For resorts, if splurging, checkout The Alpine Chalet, Digaanta, Casa Dream, Justa
Mid range can include wonder valley resort, Lord Krishna, Dream Cottages
Budget options can be explored in the name of numerous home stays.

If taking this route, do a tankful @bhimtal, no fuel pump post
That.

If taking the Bhowali route, do a thankful there. Also, Bhowali runs out of diesel often. All in all, I would advise to skip this route Altogether and take the Bhimtal route as all the commercial vehicles take this route while bhimtal route is open only for LCVs. You might find no to long to very long traffic jam at KGM because of the new bridge being constructed.
bullet_chacha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks