Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 13:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Adventures of a city from Thrissur to Goa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
First route is excellent NH4.
The second route is more scenic and if you are in no hurry try to do the 2nd road. It is not great, but quite decent upto Sagara (Basically Bangy - Shimoga - Sagaraa - Honawar - Kumta - Karwar road - NH 206 and NH17 - After Karwar, I do not know the condition).
From your post, I could not figure out which road you are planning to take Between Sagara and Goa
If am taking the shimoga route, the total distance is 1056km one way. I got this distance when i entered Thrissur-bangalore-sagara-madgaon in google maps destinations. But if i delete sagara from list of destinations, google shows an alternate route via chithradurga-davangere-haveri. If i follow this route, then, distance is same only, but time taken to cover seems more in shimoga route. Am planning not to touch hubli as in the map.and will be entering goa via karwar route. please see the attached screen shots of the google maps n suggest the best route, one with less traffic ! (Am from kerala and totally fed up of under developed roads with heavy traffic. )

This is the overview of route suggested via bangalore -shimoga - madgaon
Name:  Capturemap.JPG
Views: 13386
Size:  81.9 KB

This is the detailed screen shot of map frm bangalore to goa via shimoga-sagara
Adventures of a city from Thrissur to Goa!-capturemap2.jpg

This is the route suggested by google from bangalore to goa via chithradurga-davangere
Adventures of a city from Thrissur to Goa!-capturemap3.jpg

What do you guys suggest?

Edit: one more new rout found via hubli !

This one is via hubli am not sure about the quality of road this way, but it seems distance is less to reach panaji

Adventures of a city from Thrissur to Goa!-capturemap4.jpg

Last edited by althaaf : 14th October 2011 at 13:21. Reason: Found a new route
Old 14th October 2011, 13:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
If am taking the shimoga route, the total distance is 1056km one way. I got this distance when i entered Thrissur-bangalore-sagara-madgaon in google maps destinations. But if i delete sagara from list of destinations, google shows an alternate route via chithradurga-davangere-haveri. If i follow this route, then, distance is same only, but time taken to cover seems more in shimoga route. Am planning not to touch hubli as in the map.and will be entering goa via karwar route. please see the attached screen shots of the google maps n suggest the best route, one with less traffic ! (Am from kerala and totally fed up of under developed roads with heavy traffic. )

This is the overview of route suggested via bangalore -shimoga - madgaon

This is the detailed screen shot of map frm bangalore to goa via shimoga-sagara

This is the route suggested by google from bangalore to goa via chithradurga-davangere

What do you guys suggest?

Edit: one more new rout found via hubli !

This one is via hubli am not sure about the quality of road this way, but it seems distance is less to reach panaji

Attachment 826614
Do not take Shimoga route. Very bad roads from Sagara to Ankola. I did the route last week.
Best route is Blr-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa. I would suggest ignore all other roads and take this road.
Old 14th October 2011, 14:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
If you are fed up with bad roads do not take the shimoga road. It is no where close to the NH4 quality and amount of time saved even after the extra 125 kms is totally worth it.

As for your route 1 in ur post, I have not done the stretch between Sagara and Kumta directly. I have done through Honawar and it was OK types.

Hubli to Karwar, your route 2 option (3rd pic in your post) had quite a lot of pot holes back in Feb but nonetheless it was fun to drive. I drive a Safari mind you. Unless a new road is laid the road condition must have deteriorated due to the bad rainfalls that these regions see during monsoons.
But I do not think that your route 3 option (4th pic) is great either. It is purely my speculation. I have done this stretch 6 years ago when I went upto Dandeli (not Goa) from Hubli and roads in Dandeli region were pretty bad with excellent stretches in between. But you cannot take my 6 year old experience and take a decision on it though. The advantage with this road though is you will have more of NH4 and less of the other roads.
So in short, it is your call on what to choose between these two.

Also a request from my side. Please update the current road conditions in this thread after you are done with your trip. All my experiences are in Feb and April not any recent ones. This will greatly appreciated.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 14th October 2011 at 14:23.
Old 14th October 2011, 15:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Also refer this thread for route queries from Bangalore to Goa. You will get more information from this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...route-109.html
Old 14th October 2011, 18:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

The best route at the moment for you is mentioned earlier:Thrissur-Salem-Hosur-Ecity-NICE Road-Tumkur-NH4-Hubli.

Hubli-Ankola-Karwar-Panjim via NH63 & NH17,

Thrissur-Palakkad via Wadakancheri-Shoranur-Ottapalam-Palakkad.

Hotel Hans is a good place to stay in Hubli.Hotel Metropolis & Hotel Naveen are the other good options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks