Team-BHP - Arunachal pradesh, backpacking, anyone?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Arunachal pradesh, backpacking, anyone? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/109451-arunachal-pradesh-backpacking-anyone.html)

Here is my tentative itinerary for the forthcoming backpacking to Arunachal Pradesh.
I am travelling alone and it’s a budget trip. Planning to travel in Arunachal by shared vehicles and public transport. One or two fellow backpackers may join for Tawang sector from Dec 17th /18th onwards.

Day-1 (Nov-29, Tue): Starting from my place by train.
Day-2 (Nov-30, Wed): Train journey.
Day-3 (Dec-1, Thu): Reaching Dibrugarh at 6 AM. Proceed to get Inner Line Permit.
Day-4 (Dec-2, Fri): Buffer day to get ILP. Local sightseeing.
Day-5 (Dec-3, Sat): In and around Dibrugarh.
Day-6 (Dec-4, Sun): Dibrugarh to Pasighat by ferry.
Day-7 (Dec-5, Mon): Buffer day @ Pasighat. In and around Pasighat.
Day-8 (Dec-6, Tue): Pasighat to Along.
Day-9 (Dec-7, Wed): Along
Day-10 (Dec-8, Thu): Along to Machuka
Day-11 (Dec-9, Fri): Machuka.
Day-12 (Dec-10, Sat): Machuka to Along.
Day-13 (Dec-11, Sun): Along to Ziro (How about some time in Daporijo)
Day-14 (Dec-12, Mon): Ziro
Day-15 (Dec-13, Tue): Ziro to Itanagar.
Day-16 (Dec-14, Wed): Itanagar. (Extension of ILP)
Day-17 (Dec-15, Thu): Itanagar to Bomidala (Is it possible to travel in one day?)
Day-18 (Dec-16, Fri): Bomidala to Tawang
Day-19 (Dec-17, Sat): Tawang, local sightseeing
Day-20 (Dec-18, Sun): Tawang-beyond
Day-21 (Dec-19, Mon): Buffer day @ Tawang.
Day-22 (Dec-20, Tue): Tawang to Dirang
Day-23 (Dec-21, Wed): Dirang to Guwahati
Day-24 (Dec-22, Thu): In and around Guwahati.
Day-25 (Dec-23, Fri): (Buffer day)
Day-26 (Dec-24, Sat): (Buffer day)
Day-27 (Dec-25, Sun): Departing from Guwahati.

My onward and return journey tickets are already booked as per the schedule mentioned above. Between these days, I am free do anything I like.

Based on backpackers’ reports, I understand that shared transport is not available on all the days to travel to and from Pasighat, Along, Machuka and Ziro. Hence I kept 4 to 5 buffer days in my itinerary. In case I gain some days from these buffer days. I want to spend some time in Daporijo and I want to cover Shillong and Cherrapunji /Mawsynram.

Please advise me, If I am missing something or giving more time for some sectors. Thank you in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by albatross11 (Post 2543261)
Please advise me, If I am missing something or giving more time for some sectors. Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately, cannot be of any help to you as Arunachal is virgin territory for me and, anyway, it is too late now as you must be in the midst of your travels.

However, I look forward to your detailed report / travelogue with many photos which can serve as guidance for future travelers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albatross11 (Post 2543261)
Here is my tentative itinerary for the forthcoming backpacking to Arunachal Pradesh.
I am travelling alone and it’s a budget trip. Planning to travel in Arunachal by shared vehicles and public transport. One or two fellow backpackers may join for Tawang sector from Dec 17th /18th onwards.

Day-1 (Nov-29, Tue): Starting from my place by train.
Day-2 (Nov-30, Wed): Train journey.
Day-3 (Dec-1, Thu): Reaching Dibrugarh at 6 AM. Proceed to get Inner Line Permit.
Day-4 (Dec-2, Fri): Buffer day to get ILP. Local sightseeing.
Day-5 (Dec-3, Sat): In and around Dibrugarh.
Day-6 (Dec-4, Sun): Dibrugarh to Pasighat by ferry.
Day-7 (Dec-5, Mon): Buffer day @ Pasighat. In and around Pasighat.
Day-8 (Dec-6, Tue): Pasighat to Along.
Day-9 (Dec-7, Wed): Along
Day-10 (Dec-8, Thu): Along to Machuka
Day-11 (Dec-9, Fri): Machuka.
Day-12 (Dec-10, Sat): Machuka to Along.
Day-13 (Dec-11, Sun): Along to Ziro (How about some time in Daporijo)
Day-14 (Dec-12, Mon): Ziro
Day-15 (Dec-13, Tue): Ziro to Itanagar.
Day-16 (Dec-14, Wed): Itanagar. (Extension of ILP)
Day-17 (Dec-15, Thu): Itanagar to Bomidala (Is it possible to travel in one day?)
Day-18 (Dec-16, Fri): Bomidala to Tawang
Day-19 (Dec-17, Sat): Tawang, local sightseeing
Day-20 (Dec-18, Sun): Tawang-beyond
Day-21 (Dec-19, Mon): Buffer day @ Tawang.
Day-22 (Dec-20, Tue): Tawang to Dirang
Day-23 (Dec-21, Wed): Dirang to Guwahati
Day-24 (Dec-22, Thu): In and around Guwahati.
Day-25 (Dec-23, Fri): (Buffer day)
Day-26 (Dec-24, Sat): (Buffer day)
Day-27 (Dec-25, Sun): Departing from Guwahati.

My onward and return journey tickets are already booked as per the schedule mentioned above. Between these days, I am free do anything I like.

Based on backpackers’ reports, I understand that shared transport is not available on all the days to travel to and from Pasighat, Along, Machuka and Ziro. Hence I kept 4 to 5 buffer days in my itinerary. In case I gain some days from these buffer days. I want to spend some time in Daporijo and I want to cover Shillong and Cherrapunji /Mawsynram.

Alatross,

All the best. This will be trip of lifetime. My two cents having been in AP while in Army and our recent trip in 2009 in some parts of AP.

a) Why don't you include Namdapaha?
b) Nothing much to see in Dibrugarh. If ILP is done quickly, take ferry and push off to Passighat.
c) Skip Shillong and spend a day in Nameri Wild life sanctuary which is on the way to Tawang. Worth it. and close to Bomdilla
d) It will be very cold through out. Speciaily in Machuka and Tawang. Take adequate warm clothing.
e) Local transport is very erratic. Always plan for unknown delays. Specially on Tawang road which is prone to landslides
f) You can stay in Ziro and then go to tribal villages of Apthani tribe. Accomodation in Ziro is more.

You are not going to Tuting?

You should do Shillong Cherrapunjee only if you would like to do some caving. The limestone caves in the area are amazing.