Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 15:35   #196
BHPian

Re: Pune-Mysuru-Ooty | Route suggestions

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...e-queries.html (Pune - Mysore : Route Queries)

You might find some answers in this thread... the conditions keep evolving year after year!
Old 31st October 2019, 16:02   #197
BHPian

Re: Pune-Mysuru-Ooty | Route suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...e-queries.html (Pune - Mysore : Route Queries)

You might find some answers in this thread... the conditions keep evolving year after year!
Thanks! I went through the thread and it certainly helped.
I'm now thinking of taking the Davangere-Channagiri-Arsikere-Mysuru route.
Google says it's the fastest route, both by distance and time.
Old 18th February 2020, 00:10   #198
BHPian

Re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

What is the latest on Pune-Mysore route? Google still suggests exiting at Davangere

Pune - Mysore : Route Queries-mysore_route.png
Old 18th February 2020, 06:52   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
What is the latest on Pune-Mysore route? Google still suggests exiting at Davangere
The Channagiri Ajjampura route is now becoming the most popular route between South Karnataka to Davanagere due to improved road conditions.

Also, Arasikere to Srirangapatna road via KR Pet is in good condition too.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 23:54   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Channagiri Ajjampura route is now becoming the most popular route between South Karnataka to Davanagere due to improved road conditions.

Also, Arasikere to Srirangapatna road via KR Pet is in good condition too.
Thanks, Parag

I leave day after. Will be taking the Ajjampura route going by your updates (unless something has dramatically changed from the time you posted)

Amogh
Old 11th December 2020, 12:13   #201
BHPian

Hi All,

I recently did a solo trip from Madurai to Mumbai (where my wife currently is) , commemorating the occasion of completing 1 lakh Kms on my Cedia Sports 2010 model.

I didnt want to go through Bangalore because it was longer (through NICE Rd) and also due to the exhorbitant toll.

So i did a stopover at Mysore from Madurai. I left Madurai on 6th December 2020 and reached Mysore. I stayed the night with my cousin and left the next day to Belgaum.

I took the route to Shimoga and took the Ajimpura Rd from Kadur to Davengere. The roads from Mysore were just amazing. From Davengere it was NH4 all the way to Belgaum. I started from Mysore at 5 PM and reached Belgaum at 2.30 PM, a distance of 540 Kms. I took one break for breakfast at Kadur. I was stopped once by cops asking for license, Registration, Insurance and Pollution Certificate. I had all of them and they let me go. There were no checks for Covid

I left the next day at 6.30 AM from Belgaum. I reached outskirts of Mumbai around 12 PM noon with just one stopover for breakfast. The roads were awesome. The road from Satara to Pune was relatively less smooth but not really bad, which i was really worried about.

But it took me 2 hours to reach Mulund after reaching the outskirts. Overall, a very smooth journey.

I plan to head back around the 9th Jan 2021. My plan is to reach Davengere directly on Day 1 (700 + Km) and then reach Mysore the next day (200+Km).

Shyam

Last edited by shyamkrish : 11th December 2020 at 12:15.
shyamkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 23:42   #202
BHPian

Folks,

Am traveling to Mysore from Mumbai, with a stopover at either Belgaum or Hubli, I want to know what route would be better with good road conditions.

Option 1
Tumkur to Mysore

Option 2
Davangere>Channagiri>Kadur>Arisikere>Mysore

Would appreciate any latest updates/advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st October 2021, 00:19   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Option 1
Tumkur to Mysore
This is the option I would recommend. Take this road as shown in the map below:

Name:  map2.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  152.4 KB

This is a good road and also avoids any Bangalore traffic. You will have a smooth drive to Mysore.

Quote:
Option 2
Davangere>Channagiri>Kadur>Arisikere>Mysore
Last time I checked (and heard from my friends who drove there) that roads near Arisikere are in quite a bad shape. I would not recommend this option as it is likely to be much slower than Option 1.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 01:10   #204
BHPian

Thanks for the heads up AD. Much appreciated. The trip is in December so I hope the road conditions remain good.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 19:35   #205

Would like to have latest updates on road conditions for this route. Planning a trip in November. Which would be the best option to take from AH 48 to Mysuru.

- Hiriyur --> Bellur Cross --> Mysuru (150A)
- Tumkuru --> Kunigal --> Maddur --> Mysuru
- Dobbaspet --> Bellur Cross --> Mysuru

Or if there are better options please suggest.

Planning to depart Pune 0400 hrs to reach Mysuru same day itself.
Old 15th October 2023, 11:36   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftgeorge View Post
Would like to have latest updates on road conditions for this route. Planning a trip in November. Which would be the best option to take from AH 48 to Mysuru.

- Hiriyur --> Bellur Cross --> Mysuru (150A)
- Tumkuru --> Kunigal --> Maddur --> Mysuru
- Dobbaspet --> Bellur Cross --> Mysuru

Or if there are better options please suggest.

Planning to depart Pune 0400 hrs to reach Mysuru same day itself.
The other option which I can suggest is Tumkur - Hebbur-Kunigal-Bellur Cross-Srirangapatna-Mysuru. I am not aware of the road conditions from Tumkur to Kunigal, maybe others in the forum can respond. Post Kunigal, roads are pretty good all the way till Mysuru.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 17:32   #207

Completed this trip in the second week of November. Took the following route

Pune --> Dobbaspet --> Bellur Cross --> Mysuru

Choose to take NH 948A from Dobbaspet as that was the shortest route connecting NH 48 to NH 75. The road is superb all along the stretch that I drove on.

Started from Pune at 0430 hrs and reached Mysuru at 2030 hrs. Lost some time on the Karad to Belgaum stretch due to road work. There are diversions made all along however most of them have high speed breakers either at the entry point or midway. Had to navigate the speed breakers with a lot of care to avoid hitting bottom.

Continued from Mysuru to Thrissur via Bandipur National Park. Excellent roads but for the numerous speed breakers on the stretch within the park and the rather bad stretch within Gudalur town.

Could not avail the hospitality of KTDC Tamarind at Nilambur as they were busy hosting 3 marriage parties and had closed down their restaurant except for tea. Driving beyond Nilambur brought along the usual challenges of driving in Kerala.
swiftgeorge is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks