Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 13:23   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
From Dharwad we basically looked up on Google Maps on my phone and went by that. so it started off with really narrow road and connected to a smooth surface road at Dastikoppa! I assumed it was an SH. I now see on G maps its numbered 63 and is indeed the Hubli-Ankola road. Is this an NH?

We infact got a bit adventurous and took a further right from Yellapur and went through the forest to join at Kumta. This was a bad idea since that single lane forest road was bad but was beautiful route.
Yes 63 is an NH which joins Hubli to Ankola. You dont have to get off Dharward from NH4.
Drive till Hubli on the 4L and join NH63 which would take you to Ankola. In fact you save time due to good roads.

From Yellapur, you must have then gone via Sirsi/Mirjan to Kumta.

Last edited by ampere : 16th February 2012 at 13:24.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 22:32   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

Yes 63 is an NH which joins Hubli to Ankola. You dont have to get off Dharward from NH4.
Drive till Hubli on the 4L and join NH63 which would take you to Ankola. In fact you save time due to good roads.

From Yellapur, you must have then gone via Sirsi/Mirjan to Kumta.
Is this the best way from Pune to Goa too?

Also yes, it's the Sirsi route
Old 17th February 2012, 09:43   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
Is this the best way from Pune to Goa too?

Also yes, it's the Sirsi route
Pune to Goa via Yellapur is roundabout. The best option is to drive down till Nippani on Nh4
and then take the Amboli ghat road. This joins the Konkan highway (NH17) at Sawantwadi.

EDIT: Here is the route link

Last edited by ampere : 17th February 2012 at 09:49.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 09:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Pune to Goa via Yellapur is roundabout. The best option is to drive down till Nippani on Nh4
and then take the Amboli ghat road. This joins the Konkan highway (NH17) at Sawantwadi.

Thank You Mister.

I shall use that route for my pending Goa trip! Actively thinking of self drive renting a Diesel car. My Fiesta 1.6 drank about 14,000 worth Petrol in my Kerala trip! (two way ofcourse)
Old 14th October 2012, 11:09   #50
BHPian

Hello guys,

I am planning a kolhapur - Mysore - Ooty - Mysore - kolhapur trip in the week after Diwali. Need suggestion on route. I think I will stick to the kolhapur - Hiriyur - Mysore route. Does anyone has any updates on this road condition?

My plan is to start early from Kolhapur and reach Mysore by late evening. Next morning, I will drive to Ooty. Stay at ooty for 2 nights and then come back to Mysore, spend a day in Mysore and drive back to Kolhapur.

Any suggestions on route?
Old 14th October 2012, 11:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian
Hello guys,

I am planning a kolhapur - Mysore - Ooty - Mysore - kolhapur trip in the week after Diwali. Need suggestion on route. I think I will stick to the kolhapur - Hiriyur - Mysore route. Does anyone has any updates on this road condition?

My plan is to start early from Kolhapur and reach Mysore by late evening. Next morning, I will drive to Ooty. Stay at ooty for 2 nights and then come back to Mysore, spend a day in Mysore and drive back to Kolhapur.

If you want to go through a more scenic route,then maybe you can consider pune hubli jog sagar shimoga kadur chikmagalur hassan srirangapatna mysore ooty.Chikmagalur as you might know is home to Coffee Day and even run a place there called Serai.You could spend a night at Chikmagalur and see Mysore enroute.
Old 15th October 2012, 08:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you want to go through a more scenic route,then maybe you can consider pune hubli jog sagar shimoga kadur chikmagalur hassan srirangapatna mysore ooty.Chikmagalur as you might know is home to Coffee Day and even run a place there called Serai.You could spend a night at Chikmagalur and see Mysore enroute.
Ideally, I want a good road that can take me to Mysore fast enough. Thanks for this additional information but, I have 2 kids with me and my intention is to go to Ooty, so do not want to divert from this plan. Btw, how good is the road condition that you mentioned? How much time it would take to reach Mysore if I take this route?
Old 15th October 2012, 09:08   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Ideally, I want a good road that can take me to Mysore fast enough. Thanks for this additional information but, I have 2 kids with me and my intention is to go to Ooty, so do not want to divert from this plan. Btw, how good is the road condition that you mentioned? How much time it would take to reach Mysore if I take this route?
For good roads, take the 4-lane all the way.

NH4-NICE Road for bypass-Mysore road.
Old 15th October 2012, 10:07   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,

Hi, I am making my first Pune-Mysore-Ooty trip this coming weekend. I plan to take the Hiriyur diversion. I read on the some other thread that the Hiriyur road is in good condition and is also shorter distance-wise.
pamishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 10:37   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hi, I am making my first Pune-Mysore-Ooty trip this coming weekend. I plan to take the Hiriyur diversion. I read on the some other thread that the Hiriyur road is in good condition and is also shorter distance-wise.
The road is in good condition. Expect huge bumps though..
alto99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 11:20   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Please keep this thread updated with your experience. I very much need this input for my travel planning.

Thanks!
Old 15th October 2012, 11:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
The road is in good condition. Expect huge bumps though..
Quote:
Please keep this thread updated with your experience. I very much need this input for my travel planning.

Thanks!
Sure, will update you on this!

Another input I need is that are there good places to eat between Belgaum and Hiriyur? Also good fuel stations in this patch?

Thanks!
Old 15th October 2012, 11:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, will update you on this!

Another input I need is that are there good places to eat between Belgaum and Hiriyur? Also good fuel stations in this patch?

Thanks!
Sankam Residency,Belgaum, https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Hot...ataka&t=m&z=14

Kamat Upachar,Hubli
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=N14...38354&t=m&z=15

Kamat,Ranebennur,https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=N14...01929&t=m&z=17

BP GHAR Ranebennur, https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=N14...38354&t=m&z=15
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 12:08   #59
BHPian

Thanks a lot! This is really very helpful for first timers on this route. I plan to take 2 30-minute breaks between Pune and Mysore. First for breakfast at Sai International (before Kolhapur, should be there around 8am) and second at Kamat Upachar (for lunch, should be there around 1pm).
Old 16th October 2012, 08:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

For good roads, take the 4-lane all the way.

NH4-NICE Road for bypass-Mysore road.
I had missed this comment before. I did consider this, but then it will eat up time I guess. If the road after Hiriyur to Mysore is good enough, I would stick to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks