Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:13   #1
BHPian

Chennai to Kanthalloor, Kerala

Planning a trip from Chennai to Kanthaloor, Kerala on the 25th of this month(Oct), did not find any reviews of this place, hope it is worth a visit.

We are planning to start early on the 25th Oct, 2011, say around 3am in the morning, we have come up with two route options,

1. Chennai - (NH45, 433kms) - Dindigul - (NH209, 96kms) – Udumalaipettai – (SH17, 59kms) – Kanthalloor (Total Distance : 588kms)

2. Chennai - (NH7/47, 480Kms) - Tiruppur -(SH19/97, 62Kms) - Udumalpet - (SH17, 59kms) – Kanthalloor (Total Distance : 601kms)

Guess both the routes are good, except that the Via Salem one should be less congested, any suggestions.

If any of you have recently travelled the Udumalaipettai - Kanthalloor section, would like to hear from you please on the route condition.

As for accomodation we are planning to stay at Misty Woods.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Chennai to Kanthalloor, Kerala

hi, I have indeed driven from Munnar to Udumalai hardly two weeks back. Road from udumalai to Kanthaloor is good with out much potholes.
Enjoy the drive.
vu2pmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 12:59   #3
BHPian

Re: Chennai to Kanthalloor, Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
hi, I have indeed driven from Munnar to Udumalai hardly two weeks back. Road from udumalai to Kanthaloor is good with out much potholes.
Enjoy the drive.
Thanks VU2pmc, how is the route from Kanthaloor to Munnar, also do you think Kanthaloor is worth a visit for 2 days, just to relax not for sight-seeing though.
Old 11th August 2012, 19:28   #4
BHPian

Need info on Kanthalloor

Guys,

I'm planning to visit Kanthalloor this month end and spend a couple of days there. I searched the forum and there is very little information about this place. I'm specifically looking out for details on good accommodation; any information on places to visit is also welcome. Kindly let me know in case you have any other details as well.

TIA.
Old 11th August 2012, 22:02   #5
BHPian

Re: Need info on Kanthalloor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys,

I'm planning to visit Kanthalloor this month end and spend a couple of days there. I searched the forum and there is very little information about this place. I'm specifically looking out for details on good accommodation; any information on places to visit is also welcome. Kindly let me know in case you have any other details as well.

TIA.
Hi CliffHanger,

I believe you are discussing about Kanthalloor near Munnar. I recently made a visit to Kanthalloor and I stayed in a wonderfull place. Its an estate and it has three levels of a private waterfalls inside it. They serve wonderful food and their expertise falls in the non vegetarian section. Their cottages are small but clean and tidy. You can find them online at Munnarend Farms.
Please let me know if you need any more information on the place and route.
rahulrajeev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 22:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulrajeev View Post
Hi CliffHanger,

I believe you are discussing about Kanthalloor near Munnar. I recently made a visit to Kanthalloor and I stayed in a wonderfull place. Its an estate and it has three levels of a private waterfalls inside it. They serve wonderful food and their expertise falls in the non vegetarian section. Their cottages are small but clean and tidy. You can find them online at Munnarend Farms.
Please let me know if you need any more information on the place and route.
Bro, thanks for such an useful piece of information, this is the kind of details I am looking for. I just checked the website, couldn't find the tarrifs. Could you share those details as well, along with the contact detail of the person you were in touch with?
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 22:21   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Bro, thanks for such an useful piece of information, this is the kind of details I am looking for. I just checked the website, couldn't find the tarrifs. Could you share those details as well, along with the contact detail of the person you were in touch with?
Tariff will depend on how many occupants are there. It will be on an average of Rs.1100 - Rs.1200 per person per day including food.
rahulrajeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 09:50   #8

Quote:
Guys,

TIA.
Cliffhanger,
Alternatively you could try staying at Marayoor which is enroute to Kanthaloor (approximately 20 Kms).
There are lot of staying options available in Marayoor. I had stayed in an Independent Villa in Marayoor last month which had 3 bedrooms and a fully equipped kitchen which you could use if needed for just 3500 INR /night.
The villa is located in a very calm area with no disturbance.
The link to their website is Dew Drops MARAYOOR | COTTAGE AT MARAYOOR MUNNAR | MARYOOR | FURNISHED VILLA | FURNISHED VILLA AT MARAYOOR | COTTAGE | COTTAGE AT MARAYOOR | INFO@DEWDROPSMARAYOOR.COM | 919496155666 alternatively you could speak to the Caretaker whose name is Ravi.
harish_K is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed