Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 11:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Indore - Ujjain - Mumbai

Bumping up this old thread.

Anyone has recently done Mumbai - Indore -Mumbai road trip? Any watch-outs I should be aware of. How is the road condition? If the total drive time exceeds 10Hr including breaks - might as well stay overnight en-route. Any recommendations or suggestions on this?

Indore is my hometown but I have never travelled by road. Now I wish to, given the situation of transport options. All the help/inputs will be much appreciated.
Old 30th November 2020, 12:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Bumping up this old thread.

Anyone has recently done Mumbai - Indore -Mumbai road trip? Any watch-outs I should be aware of. How is the road condition? If the total drive time exceeds 10Hr including breaks - might as well stay overnight en-route. Any recommendations or suggestions on this?

Indore is my hometown but I have never travelled by road. Now I wish to, given the situation of transport options. All the help/inputs will be much appreciated.
Just came back from Indore to Mumbai on Friday. We left Pithampur around 1pm and was back home in Malad around 11pm. The roads are decent but the highway is very crowded. The distance was only around 570km but the crowded roads meant average speeds were low. Maharashtra roads do have some patches of bad road some where near Dhule and Malegaon but manageable.

At around 10 hour mark you would be at the outskirts of Indore somewhere near Pithampur I guess or bit earlier. I didn't find any decent hotels on the way (although I must admit I wasn't looking for one either) So my advise would be to avoid taking a halt if you are ok with driving for 12 hours.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 12:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Just came back from Indore to Mumbai on Friday. We left Pithampur around 1pm and was back home in Malad around 11pm. The roads are decent but the highway is very crowded. The distance was only around 570km but the crowded roads meant average speeds were low. Maharashtra roads do have some patches of bad road some where near Dhule and Malegaon but manageable.

At around 10 hour mark you would be at the outskirts of Indore somewhere near Pithampur I guess or bit earlier. I didn't find any decent hotels on the way (although I must admit I wasn't looking for one either) So my advise would be to avoid taking a halt if you are ok with driving for 12 hours.
Thanks Dean. So crowded means the traffic part, right? With all the commercial vehicles like trucks or intervening town folks on bikes etc. If it is private vehicles like cars, seems doable. 10 hrs from Pithampur to Malad seems decent and workable for me to extend the drive in a single run. I have heard the roads on MP side are better than MH, true enough?

Also, did you take any breaks?
Old 30th November 2020, 12:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Thanks Dean. So crowded means the traffic part, right? With all the commercial vehicles like trucks or intervening town folks on bikes etc. If it is private vehicles like cars, seems doable. 10 hrs from Pithampur to Malad seems decent and workable for me to extend the drive in a single run. I have heard the roads on MP side are better than MH, true enough?

Also, did you take any breaks?
The crowd was from both intervening village folks on bikes, Commercial Truck traffic and private vehicles running on the first lane below 60kmph while a truck is trying to overtake it at 62kmph.
Yes roads are better on the MP side. I did take 2-3 bio breaks but didn't stop for food at any hotel.

Most Viewed