Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th January 2021, 10:29   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Gujarat road trip - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Hi Punterccrx8s.Did you make the trip from Bangalore to Statue of Unity? What route did you take? what is the current conditions of the road? A close relative is planning to do this same trip next week in a Duster with his family including 2 small kids. Any suggestions on stopovers-hotels, restaurants,fuel stations?
Hello. No I did not do the trip yet. I will mostly do it with my parents in our fortuner next month. If your friend does it kindly let me know about his trip.
Old 18th February 2021, 14:45   #287
BHPian

We drove down to the Statue of Unity from Mumbai last week.

We left Mumbai by around 2PM and reached Bharuch (aunt's place) by 8:30PM. It was an OK drive till there, due to trucks occupying all the lanes, and frequent jams (especially around the bridges across rivers (as they narrow down to 2 lanes there) and after Surat). There are lots of seemingly clean restaurants on the highway, where a break can be taken (if required).

We left from Bharuch and drove from there to the Statue via Rajpipla. The road was patchy (a combination of stones, potholes and stones) and did not live upto Gujarat's reputation of having lovely roads.

We had taken online tickets for the Statue, the Viewing Gallery, the Safari, the cactus garden and the boat ride. Please note that only online tickets are being issued nowadays.

As we had taken the Express entry, we did not have to wait in queue and were able to zip up to the Gallery in no time. Please note that there was a long queue and the normal tickets had a wait of about 30-60 minutes.

After a quick lunch at the Food Court, we headed to the Safari. The Safari had a carnivore and a Kangaroo section at the beginning, with the herbivore section being accessed via electric carts only.

By this time, all of us (wife, 2 kids, parents and myself) were feeling the effects of the heat and without waiting for the rest of the attractions, we headed to Baroda/Vadodara (Cousin's place). The roads to Baroda were brilliantly smooth.
Aiel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 16:55   #288
BHPian

Hi Guyz,

We have a Gujrat road trip planned in May. Do not know how this may materialize given the current scenerio. However assuming things will go well I have planned the below itinerary.

Day 1: Mumbai - Rajkot (Night halt at Rajkot)
Day 2: Rajkot - Gir (Night halt at Gir)
Day 3: Gir (Night halt at Gir)
Day 4: Gir - Somnath - Junagadh (Night Halt at Junagadh)
Day 5: Junagadh - Rajkot (Night halt at Rajkot)
Day 6: Rajkot - Mumbai

My queries are
1) To take the route towards Rajkot is it advisable to travel till Ahmedabad via 4 laned express highways or make a turn from Nadiad.
2) Any good hotel recommendations for night halts at Rajkot and Junagadh (preferably closer to the highways).
3) Going by the COVID numbers in the state is it worthwhile to travel now? I checked with the resorts at Gir. They are saying all safaris are operational and there not many cases there.

This would be my first trip to the region and I shall be travelling with senior citizens and kids. A little help here would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th April 2021, 13:11   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed View Post
This would be my first trip to the region and I shall be travelling with senior citizens and kids. A little help here would be great. Thanks in advance.
Nadiad route (via old highway from Vadodara) should be fine.

just last week a friend of mine from Mumbai visited Gujarat via road trip (pvt car) for some work - at the border RTPCR negative report is mandatory to show, else they were sending back. During return after few days, he has tough time to explain cops at the Dahisar check-naka to let him go home !

Personally, if its your leisure trip, then I would say avoid for now.
Old 18th April 2021, 19:13   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Nadiad route (via old highway from Vadodara) should be fine.

just last week a friend of mine from Mumbai visited Gujarat via road trip (pvt car) for some work - at the border RTPCR negative report is mandatory to show, else they were sending back. During return after few days, he has tough time to explain cops at the Dahisar check-naka to let him go home !

Personally, if its your leisure trip, then I would say avoid for now.
Thanks @pcpranav.
This was indeed supposed to be a leisure trip. But now I guess its not happening. Moresoever there tremendous checking at all entry/exit points and now with the new color coding stickers its all the more difficult to travel without any valid reason. My Gujrat sojourn will have to wait for some more time.
InsaneSpeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 19:44   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed View Post
My Gujrat sojourn will have to wait for some more time.
Yes correct decision.

Covid situation is not very good here in Gujarat as well. Waiting for some time is better.

Most Viewed