Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 11:33   #361
BHPian

Re: Gujarat road trip - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Cutout Dahej-Gogha ferry and driving Bhavnagar-Diu part. Not worth it. Go either through Baroda or Amadavad-Rajkot.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Any specific reason to avoid? This seems to be the fastest option as I reach Bhavnagar (from Mumbai) the same day if I take the ferry, cutting my travel time.

Quote:
Include Narara, which is 110 km from Dwarka towards Jamnagar. The visiting times are sensitive to tides. So please look at the low tide timings and visit accordingly.
Narara is a good option, thanks for the suggestion. I can go there from Dwarka or while going to Bhuj from Dwarka. Will check the low tide time and plan accordingly.

Quote:
Are stay options so easily available. Being Diwali time, am expecting crowds everywhere.
I'm trying to book in advance as much as possible. Hotel booking is something which takes lot of time. Looking at reviews from Google, Tripadvisor etc, then finding best location and pricing combined with filters like parking and family friendly, takes a hell lot of time and energy. Bhpians, do let me know if there is a better way to do this.

Quote:
Nadabet/Vigakot would need permission from BSF office at Bhuj, which you have to get a day ahead. It will take an entire day for either. I remember you have to surrender phones at India Bridge
I see permits are being done online now - https://www.visitnadabet.com/
Even the permit for Rann of Kutch is now online - https://rannpermit.gujarat.gov.in/

I am also seeing quite a few online reels and videos of Nadabet and Zero Point which makes me believe that cameras are now allowed. Some youtubers have even posted drone footage around this sensitive border area.
Old 31st October 2023, 17:44   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Any specific reason to avoid?
Roads are terrible and you dependent on the ferry schedule. Road work has been happening for more than a decade. Unless you have real purpose to visit places enroute, better to avoid

Quote:
Narara is a good option, thanks for the suggestion. I can go there from Dwarka or while going to Bhuj from Dwarka. Will check the low tide time and plan accordingly.
It maybe is too much for a day. Narara involves lot of walking. We stayed in Dwarka and made a day trip, was very tired by the time I returned back to Dwarka

Quote:
I am also seeing quite a few online reels and videos of Nadabet and Zero Point which makes me believe that cameras are now allowed. Some Youtubers have even posted drone footage around this sensitive border area.
Rannpermit site is only white desert and Rann Utsav.

Since you said Kutch, I had Vigakot in mind, whose procedure is what I meant above. There was a red XUV owner from Bangalore who visited circa 2017-18. We didn't have enough lead time to make it.

Nadabet is on the other side closer to Radhanpur, nowhere near Bhuj.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 19:16   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Roads are terrible and you dependent on the ferry schedule. Road work has been happening for more than a decade. Unless you have real purpose to visit places enroute, better to avoid

I

Hi, do you have any latest info regarding status of NH51, i am planning to use it from Ahmedabad to Diu, google shows time around 7-8 hours.

Thanks,
Old 3rd March 2024, 19:52   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
Hi, do you have any latest info regarding status of NH51, i am planning to use it from Ahmedabad to Diu, google shows time around 7-8 hours.
I think the NH51 will take you via Bhavnagar.

Used this Route from Bhavnagar to Diu in Jan'24. Roads are good till Talaja, post that roads are good but lot of diversions which shall slow you down. Also, post Talaja, food options will reduce. In the entire route from Bahavnagar till Diu watch out of wrong side traffic. Bhavnagar bypass is a headache, though not very long with few quite tall speedbreakers. If you are coming from Bhavnagar, you will be entering Diu from Una. The local traffic is quite erratic which can be annoying when you are about to reach your destination.

Google is right for 7-8 hours journey. Your average speed will be overall a bit low in GJ.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 3rd March 2024 at 19:55.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 18:31   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think the NH51 will take you via Bhavnagar.

Used this Route from Bhavnagar to Diu in Jan'24. Roads are good till Talaja, post that roads are good but lot of diversions which shall slow you down.
Thanks ,

want to go via bhavnagar as we are planning to visit nishkalank mahadev .
Old 2nd April 2024, 16:22   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Hello all,
I am still in very nascent planning stage of a temple run trip with family (FIL, 2 Kids, wife and myself) with a tentative travel timeline in December or January.

The route that I am planning to take is Mumbai -> Jalaram Mandir, Virpur -> Chotila Mandir -> Ashapura Mandir, Mata no Madh -> Ambaji -> Mount Abu -> Mahakaleshwar Mandir, Ujjain -> Mumbai. This comes up to 2852 KMs on GMaps.

This would essentially be a single hand driven trip where I would do almost 99% of the driving. the 1% that I leave is with the hope that the Mrs may chime in.
This plan of mine is finally coming to fruition and I am slated to travel this weekend. I wanted to know how are the from roads Mumbai onwards and in Gujarat? Essentially (after considering all the suggestions shared earlier), my route would be Bangalore -> Mumbai -> Rajkot -> Bhuj -> Ahemdabad -> Mumbai -> Bangalore.

Most Viewed