Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 09:16   #16
BHPian

re: Gujarat road trip - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
I usually recommend Platinum Inn as it's best value for money.

Hotels in Ahmedabad | Luxury Hotel in Ahmedabad

We offficially use it a lot, at 2.6 K net with bk fast, large rooms can take even 4 beds and lots of area to park, 2-3 kms off the city noise.

Strongly suggest you keep 2 clear days in A'bad there's so much to see. One day you must go to Sun Temple, Rani Ka Wav and Pattan, hidden treasures.

Please search the travelogues here, I've written about it, recently 2-3 people also stayed at Platinum after I booked them in, you'd also have to find that out.

If you're OK with that I'd book you in officially as our guest, otherwise, we can find other places around 2K.

--Ramky
==========
Thanks a lot Ramky.

I was about to ask whether Rani di Vav and Modhera sun temple can be covered in a day. I can increase 1 more day in A'bad.
2.6K net with breakfast is fine. Just give me a day or two. I'll have to change my bookings at Mangalam in Bhuj.
Also wifey is asking about shopping options in A'bad. Need your help here too..!!
Old 25th November 2011, 09:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

No problems, let me know, we'd be here during that time, lots of options on the city side. If time permits, maybe my wife would join in, she'd probably enjoy, there would be lots of walking involved, while you can baby sit Call me if you want.

athanedar from Pune stayed in Platinum recently, you can take his feedback.

--Ramky / 09377203000
========
Old 27th November 2011, 17:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Thanks a lot Ramky.

I was about to ask whether Rani di Vav and Modhera sun temple can be covered in a day. I can increase 1 more day in A'bad.
I had done a trip across north gujarat in June 2011... Rani ki Vav and Modhera can easily be done in a day... and its worth it... pl refer my travelogue http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...h-gujarat.html
Old 27th November 2011, 19:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
No problems, let me know, we'd be here during that time, lots of options on the city side. If time permits, maybe my wife would join in, she'd probably enjoy, there would be lots of walking involved, while you can baby sit Call me if you want.

athanedar from Pune stayed in Platinum recently, you can take his feedback.

--Ramky / 09377203000
========
OH.. that would be wonderful.
Platinum looks great from the website. No need for any feedback. Thanks a lot for the help you are extending us. Will give you a ring tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
I had done a trip across north gujarat in June 2011... Rani ki Vav and Modhera can easily be done in a day... and its worth it... pl refer my travelogue http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...h-gujarat.html
Thanks Sandy for an excellent report with all the directions and eating joint details. Both the places look beautiful.
Old 27th November 2011, 23:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OH.. that would be wonderful.
Platinum looks great from the website. No need for any feedback. Thanks a lot for the help you are extending us. Will give you a ring tomorrow.

Thanks Sandy for an excellent report with all the directions and eating joint details. Both the places look beautiful.
OK Call me when you can.

Wanted to place on record for the MODS and others here, I have no commercial interests in Platinum Inn. I think on an earlier posts MODS chopped off Platinum Inn related lines, probably policy related.

It's just that there's no better value for money proposition in Ahmedabad than this for a family stay; we get corporate rates which nobody else can get, I have helped so many TBHPns in Ahmedbad and other places in Inaid to get the rates as payback for all Knowledge, help and support I have received over so many years.

====
Old 19th December 2011, 16:48   #21
BHPian

The plan is finalised as below

23rd - Bhopal to Ujjain
24th - Ujjain to Ahmedabad
25th - Ahmedabad ( Naal Sarovar in morning, probably a small foray into
LRK if possible by evening )

26th - Ahmedabad ( Modhera sun temple + Rani ki Vav )

27th - Ahmedabad to Bhuj

28th - Bhuj ( Lakhpat + Chari Dhand lake in evening )

29th - Bhuj (Mandvi beach )

30th - Bhuj ( Kala Dungar, Dhordo, Rann Utsav)

31st - Bhuj - Vadodara

1st - Vadodara - Bhopal

Couple of Qs

For going to Bhuj from Abad the route to be taken Abad-Abad Rajkot road-right turn for Wankaner - Morbi-Bachaoo-Bhuj. ???

For coming back to Vadodara will i have to cross Abad or is there a bypass..??

Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 17:33   #22
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of Qs

For going to Bhuj from Abad the route to be taken Abad-Abad Rajkot road-right turn for Wankaner - Morbi-Bachaoo-Bhuj. ???
Thanks
Yes that the best route. We did take this route till Samakhaili while returning from our Gujarat trip. The roads are awesome you will enjoy the ride. Bachaoo to Bhuj cant comment.

All the best drive safe.
Old 20th December 2011, 21:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:

23rd - Bhopal to Ujjain

27th - Ahmedabad to Bhuj

31st - Bhuj - Vadodara

1st - Vadodara - Bhopal

Couple of Qs

Thanks
All the best for your drive and enjoy every second of it... and do post back your trip report once you are back. I am esp interested in the Ujjain-Abad road condition. Have been planning it since long but then keep putting it off due to reported road conditions. You can give me a first hand report on it now
Old 21st December 2011, 09:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Yes that the best route. We did take this route till Samakhaili while returning from our Gujarat trip. The roads are awesome you will enjoy the ride. Bachaoo to Bhuj cant comment.

All the best drive safe.
Thanks V&V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
All the best for your drive and enjoy every second of it... and do post back your trip report once you are back. I am esp interested in the Ujjain-Abad road condition. Have been planning it since long but then keep putting it off due to reported road conditions. You can give me a first hand report on it now

Thanks. I'll update the road conditions between Ujjain & Abad.
Old 21st December 2011, 11:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

23rd - Bhopal to Ujjain

27th - Ahmedabad to Bhuj

31st - Bhuj - Vadodara

1st - Vadodara - Bhopal

Couple of Qs

Thanks
Columbus,

Dont miss the following when in Ahd

a) Excellent textile museum

b) Sabarmati Ashram

c) Ultimate Gujarati Dinner in roof top restaurant in House of MGs "Agashye" or in "Vishala". Idealy, one on each day

d) Magnificent Akshardham temple

e) Hathi singh Jain temple

f) Jama Masjid

g) Magnificent Adalaj step well

Lakes are not big deal for you Bhopalis. See if you can spend little time in Nal Sarovar to explore Ahmedabad more.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 23:46   #26
BHPian

From Ahmedabad

Reasched here safe and sound. The road conditions are a mixed bag. 30-40 kms before Gujrat border in MP side are very bad. Took the route
Ujjain-Badnawar-limdi-Godhara-Abad. Approx 8 hrs with all breaks.

Thanks to Ramky that we are having an excellent stay here. The brotherhood at Team-bhp is just awesome..

Tomorrow pushing of to bhuj
Old 1st February 2012, 08:12   #27
BHPian

Returned from Gujarat about a month back. Was on official tours after that hence could not update the route conditions.

The onward journey route was not upto the mark. Apart from some very bad sections near MP-Gujarat border one has to cross couple of small towns which are a real nightmare. The road passes right through some bazaars which hardly have space to walk let alone a T-fort. The situation compunds when another vehicles come from the front.

So during return took a different route

A'bad-Vadodara-Halol-chota udaipur-Alirajpur-Badwani-Thikri-Khalghat-Indore bypass-Bhopal.

The above route is longer by about 60 kms. But offers excellent surface. Only a small 5 km stretch near a sand quarry is rough. Rest is fantastic both in Gujarat and MP. Would recommend this route if someone wants to do A'Bad - Bhopal.

The roads in Gujarat for rest of the trip were a hoot to drive on.

Overall a fantastic drive. Thanks to Ramky for constantly guiding us through A'bad traffic .
Old 20th May 2012, 11:52   #28
BHPian

[quote=columbus;2665451]

So during return took a different route

A'bad-Vadodara-Halol-chota udaipur-Alirajpur-Badwani-Thikri-Khalghat-Indore bypass-Bhopal.

The above route is longer by about 60 kms. But offers excellent surface. Only a small 5 km stretch near a sand quarry is rough. Rest is fantastic both in Gujarat and MP. Would recommend this route if someone wants to do A'Bad - Bhopal.

I am planning to drive down to Bhopal from Ahmedabad in my Scorpio. Just wanted to have a current update on the road conditions from Halol onwards. Do you have decent eating places, fuel pumps on the way. How long did it take you to cover the distance from A'bad to Bhopal.
Old 21st May 2012, 08:28   #29
BHPian

Current road conditions should be the same since it hasn't rained since. You will find petrol bunk at chota udaipur. There are no decent eating place Halol onwards till Indore. Infact there are hardly any dhabas also. So stock up well before Halol. In between Indore and Bhopal there is MP Tourism's "Midway restaurant" at Dodi.
It should take you about 10 hrs to do this route.

Last edited by columbus : 21st May 2012 at 08:29.
Old 1st June 2012, 18:35   #30
BHPian

Kachchh-Ahmedabad road conditions update

Last weekend, while returning from Bhuj, I (had to) travelled via state transport bus between Bhuj-Ahmedabad.

Gandhidham - Samakhyali - Maliya (NH 8)

Heavy traffic(mostly trucks) initially just after Gandhidham, work for six laning (adding extra lane) is started between Gandhidham and Samakhyali.

Maliya - Ahmedabad (SH 7 + SH 17)
Most of the buses between kachchh to ahmedabad take short route via Halwad-Dhrangadhra-Viramgam-Sanand – Sarkhej.
On this route, almost whole stretch is now is a 4 lane road with proper markings, signboards etc. constructed by L & T.
Most of the flyovers are operational now.
One flyover near Sanand is still under construction, and one or two railway crossings are still there on highway.
One big issue on the route is crossing Sanand during peak traffic time.
Encountered very slow moving traffic while crossing Sanand around 7pm at evening. I don't know if there is a bypass available.
Overall this route is also worth considering now as second option to proven NH8 (via Vankaner-Chotila-Bagodara) between Ahmedabad-Kachchh.

OT, saw a signboard for Merc sales/service in Sanand. Nano effect!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks