Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 14:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maldives Bound, Need to Spend The Night in Bangalore...Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Hi Maverick,

Try and take a hotel close to the airport and probably in case you want to do a quick trip to the city , take a cab and try and visit the shopping zones (MG Road, Brigade road). But again this depends on the time you have on hand. Else stick on the hotel, have a great sleep and get ready for an awesome trip.
Meanwhile,am also planning for a trip to Maldives.Will wait for your updates and plan one
Yes sir, will you please advice me on which hotel to stay at which is very very close to the Airport?
And Maverick was enlightening me with his pics and visit tips, its me who is going

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ If he reaches the airport the previous evening, getting into the city will take about 2 hours and there may not be much energy left for shopping and anything else after that. And remember Bangalore famed "nightlife" ends at 11 sharp. So my suggestion is book a nice hotel by the airport, avail of their pick up/drop facility and chill in the pool or spa of the hotel and get a good night's sleep!
Point noted. Dont want to do pubbing or clubbing or shopping. (wouldnt mind eatig though, local food....is there an RR or a Nagarjuna close to the airport?? Want advice on which hotel to stay which is near the airport. Reasoably priced too as im spending just the night there and checking out early next morning. Its essentially going to be a transit stop.
Old 14th November 2011, 17:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Point noted. Dont want to do pubbing or clubbing or shopping. (wouldnt mind eatig though, local food....is there an RR or a Nagarjuna close to the airport?? Want advice on which hotel to stay which is near the airport. Reasoably priced too as im spending just the night there and checking out early next morning. Its essentially going to be a transit stop.
There aren't any good restaurants anywhere near the airport, as far as I recall. Even for the overnight stay hotel, you probably will have to come down all the way to Jakkur or Hebbal. Bangalore's is not a very transit-friendly airport unlike Mumbai's (if it weren't for the excellent Vayu Vajra service, it is not very friendly as one's origin/destination either).

I have been seeing the skeleton of a hotel at the interchange between NH7 and the BIAL approach road for the past several years - any idea if it will be completed anytime soon?
Old 14th November 2011, 17:18   #18
Team-BHP Support

You could try The Solitaire. It's not too far from the BIA. But be prepared to spend about 30-45 minutes on the road. I don't know of any hotels around the Airport. Have you tried Serviced Apartments? Do you have relatives or close friends in the city? They should help you out with accommodation.

Enjoy your flight and holiday at Maldives!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th November 2011 at 17:19.
Old 25th November 2011, 21:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys for all the Inputs. I did try at both the places i was suggested but one was sold out and the other i was not very happy after i spoke to the sales executive on the line. Im leaving for Bangalore tomorrow evening and luckily a friend from Calcutta, who is originally from Bangalore directed me to a hotel, The Royal Orchid at Yelahanka. Hes also sending his car to pick me up and drop me to the Hotel. I have an airport drop from the Hotel @ Rs. 1000/-

I dont know how close or far is this place from the Airport but what the heck.

I will leave for Maldives on the 27th and will start a new thread about the W Resort and how my days at Maldives are going. Till my New thread starts,if anyone wants to know anything about the resort, kindly post in this thread.

Au Revoir!!
Old 25th November 2011, 21:32   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

I dont know how close or far is this place from the Airport but what the heck.
Gogi, this place is at the mid point of city and Airport. In the morning max 30mins you will need to reach airport. Good choice as you it's outside city so no traffic.
Old 28th November 2011, 00:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vid. Yes it was most convenient. It took all about 20 mins from the airport at night and the same in the morning. Recommended place, though is advise to eat somewhere else. Their F7B sucks bog time and when im in Bangalore, i dont want to eat ROgan Josh and Black Dal. Not a single local dish on the menu except Dosa, which is anyways better in Mumbai.

Look out for my new thread. Maldives Ahoy!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks