Team-BHP - Delhi - Indore- Bhopal-Pachmarhi-Bandhavgarh-Orchha-Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Delhi - Indore- Bhopal-Pachmarhi-Bandhavgarh-Orchha-Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/111267-delhi-indore-bhopal-pachmarhi-bandhavgarh-orchha-delhi.html)

Hi All,
Me and my family (wife and two kids) plan to visit MP this winter (Dec - Jan). I propose to drive to Indore via Kota (do day trips to Mandu, Ujjain and Maheshwar), Bhopal (do day trips to Sanchi and Bhimbetka),Pachmarhi, Bandhavgarh and Orchha.

I need information on the following:

1) Which is the best road route to Indore? ( I propose to take the Delhi - Jaipur- Kota - Ratlam - Indore road).
2) How are the roads in MP? Can I drive 8-9 hours a day?
3) Are the places that I have planned to visit as cold as Delhi?

Hi, For Bhoapl-Sanchi: Take the route Nh-86 Bhopal-Raisen-Sanchi.: Bhopal Riasen is ok. Raisen -Sanchi is bad. But you dont have much option for sanchi.

For pachmarhi: Take Bhopal-Hoshangabad-74 kms(Nh-12 till obdullaganj Nh-69 till hoshangabad) Expect bad roads around Mandideep. From hoshangabad take Sh-22 till pipariya (75kms). Excellent toll road. From Piparia take SH-19A ,well marked, excellent road to pachmarhi (55kms).

From pachmarhi to bandhavgarh
Go back to piparia and take the same Sh-22, excellent toll road to shahpura some 35 kms before jabalpur. Then 35kms of Nh-12 till jabalpur, recently patched up but bumpy ride (total around 250 kms).
From jabalpur dont take bypass for Nh-07 till katni (bad roads) and umaria instead go through the city and take this same Sh-22 to shahpura 88kms (different one from earlier shapura) and take sh-11 to umaria and then to Tala 88kms (Bandhavgarh National Park). This road is excellent, smooth tarmac all the way from Jabalpur to Bandhavgarh.

For Orchha from Bandhavgarh shortest distance (387kms) would be Bandhavgarh-Maihar-Nagod-Nh-75-Panna-Chattarpur-Orchha but i dont know of road conditions. May be someone on the forum can help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjir (Post 2583748)
Hi All,
Me and my family (wife and two kids) plan to visit MP this winter (Dec - Jan). I propose to drive to Indore via Kota (do day trips to Mandu, Ujjain and Maheshwar), Bhopal (do day trips to Sanchi and Bhimbetka),Pachmarhi, Bandhavgarh and Orchha.

1) Which is the best road route to Indore? ( I propose to take the Delhi - Jaipur- Kota - Ratlam - Indore road).

Quote:

Hi All,

Hi Manjir,

Take a look at my TL on MP and UP. You will get lot of details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-pradesh.html

Yes, take the road via Kota - Ratlam. The road looked good when we drove from Orcha to Udaipur and we saw deviation at Kota to Indore. Roads in Rajsathan is generally good.

Some roads in MP are very bad. Don't even plan Bhopal - Orcha on NH 83.

This is what you can do

Delhi - Indore (2 days - One day for Mandu/Indore and other day for Maheswar/Omkareshwar) - Visit Ujjain on the way to Bhopal (excellent road throughout) - Bhopal (2 days - One day to Bhojpur and Bhimbetka and other day for Sanchi/Udaipur etc) - Pachmarhi (You can reach Pachmarhi for lunch and use half day and next day before lunch for seeing the places and leave for Jabalpur. Stay in Jabalpur for night) - Jabalpur (See Bedaghat and fort before lunch and leave for Bhandhavgarh in the afternoon to reach in th evening) - Bhandhavgarh ( Atleast one full day which will help you for two safaris) - Khajuraho - (Half a day atleast) - Orcha (Minimum half day)

I don't see Khajuraho in the itenaray. Is it intentional? You will be passing Khajuraho while going to Orcha from Bhandhavgarh and i sugest you include it.

Road from Indore to Mandu is not great but doable. Same from Mandu to Maheshwar (see my TL). Maheswar/Omkareshwar to Indore is excellent.

Indore - Ujjain - Bhopal excellent

Bhopal - Bhojpur excellent. We did not go to Bhimbetka.

Bhopal - Sanchi excellent.

I have no idea about Bhopal - pachmarhi - Jabalpur - Bandhavgarh road. should be good, i hope.

Bhandhavgarh to Khajuraho is good road.

Khajuraho to Orcha is also good road with few potholes, but manageable.

It will not be as cold as in Delhi in these areas.

Attacching my PDF trip logs of my MP trip to most of the places you want to cover, I did it in 2008, most of the roads, reportedly have become better. Your route, Ratlam-Indore is OK. Alternatively, you can try from the other end through Gwalior - Orcha, (can addd Khajuraho if you want), Bandhavgarh, Jabalpur (Bedagarh water falls), Panchmarhi, Sanchi, Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain + Maheshwar, Mandhu and go back through Ratlam-Kota. I took all of 3 weeks to do that, you'd need as much time if you plan to do all this. You can cut paste and do a short trip too.

--Ramky

Quote:

Hi All,

You should ideally plan for two more things-
a. FOG - it should pain you on the way out. Its already bad in the mornings in gaon.
b. Orchha to Gwalior is a decent 3-3.5 hours. gwalior to gurgaon was 5.5-7.5hours pure drive time. Agra is a darned bottleneck and even the bypass is hopeless. So Orchha to delhi in a day needs extended hours and reduced breaks.

jhansi to gwalior is pretty much 60% awesome and 40% lunar - in a couple of years, once the road is complete, it should rock. from gwalior, the 1st 15 oddkm are being reconstructed but otherwise the road is awesome.

if u go on the reverse route via agra in the morning - follow the autos under the train bridge on the wrong side for the start of NH3.

only betwa retreat's tents at orccha unless u have better budget!

and one should budget some time for gharials etc if u like that sorta thing (i.e 2 days)

Thanks Dave, Fauji and Ramkya for the suggestions. They are really very useful. I will be doing this trip from the third week of December to the first week of January. I will not be visiting Khajuraho as I have been there before. I realize I should have halted at Jabalpur but I may not be able to do that now as all the hotels have been booked in the other places and it may be little difficult to change the itinerary at this stage.

itinerary is always changeable provided you are not cutting it down - atleast IME.

Could someone please clarify once again - what is the best route from Delhi to Indore around end January time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 2613927)
Could someone please clarify once again - what is the best route from Delhi to Indore around end January time?

The ideal route would be :

Dilhi-Jaipur-Ajmer-Chittorh-Nimbahera-Ratlam-Lebad-Indore (total 4L til Lebad where NH79 meets NH59).
(NH8/NH79A/NH79)

But as per what I read, here, Delhi-Jaipur is in a mess due to 6L conversion.
So not sure, which is a better option.

Hai Everybody!

Planning a trip to Pachmarhi, a road drive from Delhi.please: Can anybody educate me on the route that I should take and other variables that I need to know before I undertake the trip

I did Delhi to Indore in 2010. NH2 to Agra and then to Morena Gwalior and then on to Indore. The road was good then. It must be better now. I started from Delhi at 4am and reached Indore at 7.30pm. Pretty long drive of 850 kms or so from Delhi, but a doable distance.

I need driving advice on doing a trip from New Delhi to Bandhavgarh in June 2014. There have been posts on this topic but they are old and need some recent experience / advice.

This is a journey of almost 800 kms so I plan to travel (with kids) with a stop for a day both ways with a stay of about three days in Bandhavgarh. In total about six days/ five nights trip, to & fro from N. Delhi.

Please advise on the following:

1. Is June a good time to undertake this jouney. Most people I saw preferred to go around Jan. I agree weather is more condusive then but June for me is holiday time and (may be) sightings can be better in summers.

2. Route to be taken - Gurgaon/ N Delhi to Bandhavgarh.
3. Road conditions in this stretch.
4. Where to take a day break in between and why
5. Recommendations of stay options in Bandhavgarh.
6. How to get safari bookings in Bandhavgarh- any information is helpful to close the bookings.

Thanks in advance.

Hey folks
Any latest info on Jaipur-Indore road condition? So much has changed since the last post. Would appreciate help. Thanks.

Hi all,

I am planning to go to Jabalpur from Delhi on 1st June. I need the following information from all of you folks-

1.Which is the best route?
2.Is the route doable in single day in a Nano if we leave Delhi by 4am? And will it be advisble to drive at night closing to Jabalpur.
3.We plan to leave Jabalpur on 4th and halt for the night at Jhansi which I think is the midway, is there any good hotels on the highway to stop for the night with family??
4.Lastly but most importantly, whether I should take the risk of making this road trip at all?? I mean it will be june and summers have stared to roll in.And I think it may take toll on both man and machine.

PS: The trip is to surprise our 5yr girl on her birthday on 2nd June. She is already in Jabalpur with her naani. She would be accompanying us on the return journey hence the stopover in the return leg.