Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 23:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

NHAI Starts Renumbering - Updates

Guys,

For those who are not aware of this news.
Link - National highway numbers to change, stretches to be longer - Times Of India

Link to new Numbering system - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/142896.jpg

Now, it seems like NHAI has officially started renumbering the highways and the signboards are also being changed. We are all always familiar with the old numbering system. It will be quite difficult and would take some time for us to get adapted to the new numbering. I just wanted to consolidate some of the stretches that I know. I invite you to update this log with the information you know.

Read it as, New Number (Old Number) : Stretch

NH 44 (NH 7) : Srinagar-Kanyakumari
NH 32 (NH 45) : Chennai-Madurai
NH 544 (NH 47) : Salem-Kochi
NH 79 (NH 68) : Salem-Ulundurpet

I request you to add more to this list.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 20th November 2011 at 23:21.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: NHAI Starts Renumbering - Updates

New norms for designating state roads as NH to be out soon.

Quote:
The norms for any road to get the NH tag would include at least 5,000 vehicle flow daily and its direct connectivity to an existing NH.
Quote:
Conversion of state roads into national highways on political considerations won’t be the norm any more and many of such newly declared NHs may lose that tag if they don't don't satisfy the new criteria. The norms for any road to get the NH tag would include at least 5,000 vehicle flow dai flow daily and its direct connectivity to an existing NH.

At present, the road transport ministry decides the NH tag for any road after it receives a request from a state government and there are no set norms for this.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed