Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:27   #1
BHPian

Nadiad-Mandu-Maheshwar

Hi bhp-ians
I am planning to go from Nadiad to Dhar, Mandu and Maheshwar this weekend. Starting point is Pune. I wonder if anybody can help me with the Nadiad to Dhar and Dhar to Mandu road. I heard the road from Dhar to Mandu is bad. Has anybody visited Mandu and Maheshwar? What time frame do I keep in hand to travel from Nadiad to Dhar fort (289 km on a NH), then Mandu (37 km), then Maheshwar (67 km) including sightseeing needed in these parts. I hope to leave Nadiad early by 0630 hrs.
Hear from all experienced travellers!
Old 1st February 2015, 14:47   #2
BHPian

Vapi-Rajpipla-Maheshwar-Mandu-Dhar-Vadodara-Vapi

Dear friends, my family is planning to do this route in the last week of March, by road. We will be in 2 cars. Is this a good time to visit this area?
We will start from near Vapi in Gujarat. A rough itinerary I made is as under :
1) Reach Rajpipla, visit Sardar Sarovar, stay over
2) Reach Maheshwar in morning. Sightseeing. Stay over
3) Leave for Mandu in morning, sightseeing and reach Dhar by evening
4) Dhar sightseeing and relax. Stay over
5) Reach Vadodara and stay over
6) Check out Laxmi VIlas Palace and other places and reach Vapi by night

Is this itinerary okay? I have no idea how much time it would take for sightseeing at each place, so please comment.

Should I stay 2 nights in Dhar or in Mandu?

Also none of us have visited these places or driven on these roads. Please tell me the routes and how safe it is to travel.

Reaching Rajpipla is not a problem.

As per google map, Rajpipla to Maheshwar route is via Tilakwada, Naswadi, Alirajpur, Manawar, Dhamnod. These seem to be internal roads? Are these good and safe?

For Dhar to Vadodara, which is the best route to take.

I have done number of road trips and had recently gone to Mount Abu, covering >600kms in single day twice. But I had also been to Aurangabad where it took full day to cover 350kms as roads were not so good. Hence I have broken up the journey and not doing the whole Vapi-Maheshwar or Dhar-Vapi stretch in single day.

Please offer your valuable comments and suggestions.

Most Viewed