Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 07:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I am planning to do a Bangalore -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Raipur tomorrow. Starting tomorrow afternoon from BLR and will be reaching HYD in the night.

Which place would you recommend to stay overnight, preferably on the outers so as we don't waste a lot of time getting in and out of expressway.
I think Nagpur is the best option. Or start late the first day to spend the night in Hyderabad and make a full day dash the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can some one update with the road condition between Nagpur and Itarsi?
Also, which is the best route to drive from Bangalore to Itarsi? Is it Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Itarsi? (OR) Do we have any other good options?
Check this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3185611
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 19:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can some one update with the road condition between Nagpur and Itarsi?
Also, which is the best route to drive from Bangalore to Itarsi? Is it Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Itarsi? (OR) Do we have any other good options?
I dont think there is a better option than via Nagpur.

But after Nagpur there seem to be 3 options:

1. Nagpur-Betul-Itarsi
2. Nagpur-Lakhnadon-Narsinghpur-Pipariya-Hoshangabad-Itarsi
3. Nagpur-Seoni-Chinndwara-Pipariya-Honshangabad-Itarsi

You might think about option 2 or 3. They may be longer in distance, but may take you via better roads. Narsingh-Pipariya-Hoshangabad and Chindwara-Pipariya are private BOT state highway projects. These may be in better shape than the Nagpur-Betul-Itarsi national highway.

As for overnight stop, I would suggest Nagpur. I think it would be better you do the 1000kms between Bangalore and Nagpur at a stretch, as you will get great roads almost throughout on this section. If you take Hyderabad as the halt, you will be doing about 900kms on the 2nd day, where the last few hundred kms wont be the best of roads. I personally dont like to do a long drive where the last stretch is the worst part.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 12:28   #18
BHPian

What is the status of Nagpur-Bhopal stretch? I had heard some horror stories about a year back when my friends drove down to Bhopal. Please let me know. I'm planning a Bangalore-Bhopal trip in August.
Old 19th July 2014, 18:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
What is the status of Nagpur-Bhopal stretch? I had heard some horror stories about a year back when my friends drove down to Bhopal. Please let me know. I'm planning a Bangalore-Bhopal trip in August.
Hi Creative,
I will also be travelling Hyderabad-Bhopal- Indore in august 3rd week. Will keep the route updated if I do the trip before you do
Old 12th August 2014, 10:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Hi Creative,
I will also be travelling Hyderabad-Bhopal- Indore in august 3rd week. Will keep the route updated if I do the trip before you do
Sure do. Last I heard the road around Seoni were in pathetic condition. Family members are pestering me to book a train ticket, but I guess I won't get a ticket around that time. My other option is to take Bangalore-Pune-Indore-Bhopal but that's about 300 kms more!
Old 12th August 2014, 11:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure do. Last I heard the road around Seoni were in pathetic condition. Family members are pestering me to book a train ticket, but I guess I won't get a ticket around that time. My other option is to take Bangalore-Pune-Indore-Bhopal but that's about 300 kms more!
Seoni? Seoni is nowhere on the Hyderabad-Bhopal route which is via Nagpur, Saoner, Betul & Obaidullahganj
Old 12th August 2014, 16:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Seoni? Seoni is nowhere on the Hyderabad-Bhopal route which is via Nagpur, Saoner, Betul & Obaidullahganj
Just got it cross-checked from my friend who also corrected me that Seoni which falls on the way to Bandhavgarh, not Bhopal. My fault.

So @hvkumar sir, how's the stretch from Nagpur to Bhopal? What would be the ideal start time from Bangalore to reach Bhopal in the least time possible? Also, where should one take a pit-stop? Do let me know. I'll be driving a Ritz ZXi for this trip and I don't like crossing 100km/ph on highways.

Off topic: Thanks for commenting here, I was about to ask you the same thing on your FB page.
Old 12th August 2014, 21:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got it cross-checked from my friend who also corrected me that Seoni which falls on the way to Bandhavgarh, not Bhopal. My fault.

So @hvkumar sir, how's the stretch from Nagpur to Bhopal? What would be the ideal start time from Bangalore to reach Bhopal in the least time possible? Also, where should one take a pit-stop? Do let me know. I'll be driving a Ritz ZXi for this trip and I don't like crossing 100km/ph on highways.

Off topic: Thanks for commenting here, I was about to ask you the same thing on your FB page.
Lot of the NH69 between Nagpur & Bhopal is now 4-laned, but I think some sections are still rough, although I have no recent update. Ideally, you can do Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur in 1 day, if running late, you can consider halting overnight at Adilabad. Nagpur has a good ORR, that will help you cross the city without getting inside.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 09:37   #24

I drove from bhilai to bhopal last month.Regarding the nagpur bhopal stretch, road from nagpur to betul is four-laned.This stretch can be easily done in two hours.Betul to bhopal is still a two laned road with some very rough patches in between specially crossing the itarsi hoshangabad stretch is a pain.Also heavy rain last month would have deteriorated the roads conditions even more.It would be better to do the betul bhopal stretch in daylight.
anupam084 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 15:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Any latest updates on the Nagpur-Bhopal stretch?

Cheers...
Old 23rd December 2015, 13:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Folks, any inputs on the above query would be highly appreciated. Also, what is the optimal route to get on to NH-69 while coming from Hyderabad? I believe the new Nagpur RR is commissioned on the east side only, for access to NH-6 (towards Raipur) and re-joins NH-7 (towards Seoni). If so, should I take the old RR?

Thanks in advance...
Old 28th December 2015, 10:25   #27

Mod note: Post edited, please use punctuation and space for better readability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Folks, any inputs on the above query would be highly appreciated. Also, what is the optimal route to get on to NH-69 while coming from Hyderabad? I believe the new Nagpur RR is commissioned on the east side only, for access to NH-6 (towards Raipur) and re-joins NH-7 (towards Seoni). If so, should I take the old RR?

Thanks in advance...
I drove down the nagpur bhopal stretch last may.Nagpur betul part is completely four laned so you want face any issues till betul. Regarding the betul bhopal stretch it is a routine for this part to have huge potholes post monsoon specially the hoshangabad bhopal stretch and then patch work is done in november december by local authorities. So you can just pray that the patch work is completed by now.

Four laning of betul bhopal stretch has already started 2 years ago but the progress is very slow and i was told by a local dhaba owner on this stretch that the construction company has abandoned the project. So that is not good news either. Also flyovers are being constructed in the middle of both itarsi and hoshangabad towns leading to frequent traffic jams in both these towns as they do not have bypass roads. Hence it would be better to cross the itarsi bhopal stretch in broad daylight.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th December 2015 at 10:59.
anupam084 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 10:21   #28
BHPian

Bangalore- Nagpur - Sagar route query

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Sagar via Nagpur on the Friday 14thMay on my Celerio auto with wife.

Route planned to be taken is Bangalore to Hyderabad to Nizamabad to Nagpur to narsinghpur to sagar.

Will drive to Hyderabad early morning and stay there for the night. Start early on Sunday to cover all the way to Sagar.

I am ok to drive for long distances, have already done a couple of 9 hours on my own.

Please give suggestions on any concerns, places to avoid, time of drive and anything that helps make this drive smooth.
Old 7th May 2016, 12:34   #29
J.Ravi

Re: Bangalore- Nagpur - Sagar route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Please give suggestions on any concerns, places to avoid, time of drive and anything that helps make this drive smooth.
You can drive from Nagpur to Sagar via Chhindwara>Narsinghpur on the beautiful scenic 2-lane toll NH 547. But, you have to drive through Nagpur, which could be used for a food break at any one of the Haldiram's outlets and refuelling at IOC COCOO at RBI Square, Sitabuldi.

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries-6uk.jpg

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries-7uk.jpg

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries-8uk.jpg
  (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 13:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore- Nagpur - Sagar route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Wish you a very enjoyable journey.
There is nothing to worry about in this section and try to make a early start from Hyderabad (if possible). You'll not get any decent place to eat between Hyd and Ngp. So plan to reach Nagpur by lunch time.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks