Team-BHP - Mumbai to Coorg (Kutta)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Mumbai to Coorg (Kutta) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/112071-mumbai-coorg-kutta-2.html)

Hi Guys,

Am scheduled for a Mumbai-Coorg drive non-stop in my Innova, end-Nov. Plan to leave Mumbai by 3 am. Which is the best route? How are the roads now? How much time do I factor for each route?
a) NH4 till Bangalore, then Mysore
b) NH4 till Hiriyur, then SH19 till Mysore and then to Coorg
c) NH4 till Hiriyur, then SH19, NH48 via Channarayapattana, followed by SH91

Quote:

Originally Posted by askanal (Post 2960637)
Hi Guys,

Am scheduled for a Mumbai-Coorg drive non-stop in my Innova, end-Nov. Plan to leave Mumbai by 3 am. Which is the best route? How are the roads now? How much time do I factor for each route?
a) NH4 till Bangalore, then Mysore
b) NH4 till Hiriyur, then SH19 till Mysore and then to Coorg
c) NH4 till Hiriyur, then SH19, NH48 via Channarayapattana, followed by SH91

Option B should be the preferred one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ (Post 2602807)
Yes, I am also quoting you the same route. There are are couple of routes to reach Kutta

Easier and quiet scenic one is
1)Hunsur through Nagarhole national park to kutta. But this is closed for public from 6PM to 6AM. this is about 58 kms. Link . I have driven this route about a month back and road is good. This will be the road you will use if you want to go to safari in nagarhole national park.

2) Hunsur through Gonikopal- Srimagala road is all along the national park border and you do not need to touch Madikeri (Mercera) for this. this about 78 kms. Link . Road is good for about 30-40 kms and average road for next 30 kms.

3) Hunsur all the way till Madikeri then virajpet Road-> Gonikopal and Kutta. Here is the Route link .

I have driven to Madikeri about 20 days back and road is good till madikeri. Going till madikeri to go to Kutta would be simply waste of time so take the second option if you are not in Hunsur town say by around 5.15PM if you enter the forest check post from Hunsur end by about 5.50 PM they will any how let you pass through national park and if you are lucky enough you treat that you had a very good safari. Most of the sightings are around this time. I had an elephant chasing my car around that time in this road some 3 years back stupid:

If you can't make it by that time then take the route 2) via mysore-virajpet road.

Here is the complete suggested route. Google maps link

Complete route -
Pune-> Hiriyur (NH4 Until this)-> Huliyar -> K B Cross-> Bellur Cross -> pandavapura cross -> Elivala (near mysore) -> Hunsur -> virajpet- gonikopal road -> kutta

Except couple of sections between Huliyar- Elivala which is 2 lane rest of the road is good.

Hi. This is a very detailed opinion on the routes.
Am planning the very same point journey at the end of this month, but from Bombay. I was looking at route 1 as my option. I would like to stop at Davangere for the first night and hence a peaceful drive is the idea.. family being the company.
Would really love to get any and all updates on any part/s of the route. Including food stops, if any. Bombay to Kutta.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanmd (Post 3928901)
Hi. This is a very detailed opinion on the routes.
Am planning the very same point journey at the end of this month, but from Bombay. I was looking at route 1 as my option. I would like to stop at Davangere for the first night and hence a peaceful drive is the idea.. family being the company.
Would really love to get any and all updates on any part/s of the route. Including food stops, if any. Bombay to Kutta.
Thanks.

There is more detailed update on the route options in this thread.

The road between Bellur Cross to Hassan is 4 Lane(NH 48) is in good condition. So depending on whether you want to touch Mysore? You can choose
Bellur->Channarayaptna->Holenaarsipura-> K R Nagar->Mysore-madikeri road.

Bellur->Hassan (NH48)-> K R Nagar->Mysore-madikeri road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ (Post 3928992)
There is more detailed update on the route options in this thread.

The road between Bellur Cross to Hassan is 4 Lane(NH 48) is in good condition. So depending on whether you want to touch Mysore? You can choose
Bellur->Channarayaptna->Holenaarsipura-> K R Nagar->Mysore-madikeri road.

Bellur->Hassan (NH48)-> K R Nagar->Mysore-madikeri road.

In fact, no need to visit Mysore at all. One can directly reach Hunsur from KR Nagar and the road is excellent. Will save a lot of time, specially Srirangapatna - Mysore and Mysore - Hunsur.

Update here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3908214