Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 17:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Puri

Quote:
Originally Posted by i20userjd View Post
Hi Friends,

I read the above post quite carefully, however this seems to be way back in 2012.

I'm planning a similar trip from Ahmedabad to Cuttack in 2 days. Below is the detailed plan.

Day 1
Ahmedabad - Surat - Jalgaon - Akola - Amravati - Nagpur (Approximately 1000 kms)
Night Halt at Nagpur
Day 2
Nagpur - Raipur - Sambalpur - Angul - Cuttack (Approximately 870 kms)

Want to know about the Road conditions all through. I'm not worried till Nagpur. The real concern is the Drive from Raipur to Sambalpur. Had traveled this route via Bus in Dec 2011 and it was horrible. My back still hurts due to that ride.

Please update me on the latest about the Road Conditions all through and any alternate routes which can be faster and less traffic.
Beyond Raipur road is bad till the OR border
Old 8th November 2014, 13:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Beyond Raipur road is bad till the OR border
Sir, do you think vento can sustain raipur - OR stretch or better to avoid it altogether ?
Old 9th November 2014, 14:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Sir, do you think vento can sustain raipur - OR stretch or better to avoid it altogether ?
No, it can manage it, mostly issues of road diversion & rough roads
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 14:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
No, it can manage it, mostly issues of road diversion & rough roads
Sir
Any update on this Raipur - Puri stretch.
And can Nagpur - Puri be done in one day ?

Thanks

Last edited by columbus : 3rd October 2015 at 14:20.
Old 14th March 2016, 22:59   #20

Hi Columbus,

Raipur - Sambalpur still remains a concern. That stretch is still pretty rough, as its under construction.
However, you can do a diversion. After Arang, take the right to Mahasamund.
This is a 2 lane road but in its prime, as it is newly constructed.
Keep to this road till Nuapada. The straight road goes upto Gopalpur near Brahmapur in Odisha. Gopalpur is at the coast.
Keep a watch for Nuapada.
From Nuapada you can take a left towards Bargarh. Keep a watch for sign boards of Paikamal, Padmapur and Sohela.
Follow this road till Sohela. It is a 2 lane road, however in good condition.
Watch out for narrow stretches, sometimes the road becomes really narrow. You might have to drive off road to let a bus or truck pass.
However, that would be seldom as the traffic is minimal on this stretch.
Once you reach Sohela, you'll have a sigh of relief.
Once again you will be on a 4 lane NH, take the right from Sohela towards Bargarh all the way to Sambalpur.
Exiting Sambalpur is tricky, you might have to ask your way around. There is a right which goes to Cuttack.
The Sambalpur - Cuttack stretch is good. Apprx 280 kms. It is a 2 lane road, however in good condition. The terrain is rocky so be alert for sharp turns sloping up or down.
When you exit this road, you will be on the Kolkata - Chennai NH Quadrilateral.
Take the right towards Bhubaneshwar and follow the signs to Puri.
I hope this was helpful.
For the next question.
Nagpur - Puri can be done in a day, depends on when you start from Nagpur.
If you start really early like 4:00AM, then you can be in Puri by 8:00PM including halts for lunch and periodic halts in between for fuel and refreshments.
Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 17:36   #21
BHPian

Raipur - Sambalpur - Puri route update

Visited Puri on Bhaidooj after Diwali from Raipur.

Used NH53 for Raipur - Sambalpur stretch. It’s a tolled 4 lane road and a hoot to drive. Speed interceptors are present in Odisha section for both the directions.

Exited NH53 at Goshala before Sambalpur and joined NH55 from Maneswar till Badakera. It’s an under construction stretch with roads mostly 4 laned. However, not a single flyover is ready and there are almost a dozen diversions due to that with average road conditions. Traffic is minimal which is a saving grace.

Took the internal roads till I joined NH16 bypassing Cuttack after Gopalpur. Route followed was Badakera - Mahidharpur - Rasol - Athagarh. Roads are good with few speed breakers thrown and average traffic.

Finally, continued on NH16 for a while and took NH316 to Puri just before Bhubaneswar. This stretch is very good as well.

It took around 12 hours to cover the stretch of 600kms from my home to hotel at Puri.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 22:57   #22
BHPian

Hi All,

Me and couple of friends are planning a road trip from Bangalore to Puri and then Nagpur (Pench National Park) and possiblyly bhedha ghat near Jabalpur and finally back to Bangalore.

All three of us are confident and experienced drivers and two of us have multiple experience of driving for 12 hrs a day. We will be travelling in XUV700.

Rest of the route is all sorted, only doubt I have is from Puri to Pench. Google Maps shows about 19 hrs for 900 kms, which I think is too slow. Question to all of you is that does it really take this much time? What are the ways through which we can shorten the time taken?

Was not able to find any other relevant thread hence posting it here. Plan is to travel during mid Aug this year. Here is the route suggested by Google Maps.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Puri-screenshot_20240503_225136_maps.jpg  

Old 4th May 2024, 11:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Plan is to travel during mid Aug this year.
If you are going in August. Pench is not an option, because it is monsoon.

You shouldn't be doing 900 km across CG. You should plan a visit to Chitrakote, which is glorious the time of the year.

The route with least question marks to Chitrkote from Bhubaneshwar is via Vizag
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks