Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 10:08   #1
BHPian

Best Route:Raipur(Chhattisgarh) to Delhi

Hi, BHPias,

I would be taking delivery of my Swift D in Jan 2012 from Raipur. Please suggest the best route to drive my new car to Delhi from Raipur. The route suggested by Google Maps is around ~1200 Kms. I have planned my drive to span across 3 days.
Do let me know if there is a route better than as suggested by Google Maps. Also let me know the ideal night hault points and the route should not be more than ~1200 kms as the 1st servicing would be due at 1000 kms.
Thanks n Rgds
Old 26th December 2011, 15:02   #2
BHPian

Re: Best Route:Raipur(Chhattisgarh) to Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Hi, BHPias,

I would be taking delivery of my Swift D in Jan 2012 from Raipur. Please suggest the best route to drive my new car to Delhi from Raipur. The route suggested by Google Maps is around ~1200 Kms. I have planned my drive to span across 3 days.
Do let me know if there is a route better than as suggested by Google Maps. Also let me know the ideal night hault points and the route should not be more than ~1200 kms as the 1st servicing would be due at 1000 kms.
Thanks n Rgds

Hi buddy, I have done this route a couple of times and the ways are as follows:

1. Raipur - Jabalpur - Sagar - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi

2. Raipur - Nagpur - Seoni - Narsimhapur - Sagar - Datia - Gwalior - Dhaulpur - Agra - Delhi

3. Raipur - Deori - Gondia - balaghat - Seoni - Narsimhapur - Sagar - Datia - Gwalior - Dhaulpur - Agra - Delhi

4. Raipur - Nagpur - Dhulia - Indore - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi

Pointers to Note:

Route 1: Check for roads till Sagar as MP roads have been perenially bad. Sometime back Raipur Jabalpur via Kawardha and Chilpi used to be a deserted stretch with bad potholes. Now with the CM from that region, it might have improved. If it has, this is the best bet

Route 2: Good roads till Nagpur and then the NH7 till Seoni. Post that the roads are OK till Gwalior. From there on they are nice.

Route 3 is basically taking a detour from Gondia and going upto Seoni.

Route 4: The longest and best avoided due to heavy traffic till Dhulia and thereon till Delhi.

Since you are buying your car from Sky Automobiles, check with Arun/Naresh Singhania or their son Avinash if he is there as they keep frequenting Gurgaon.

Have a safe journey!
gauravdgr8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 15:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

The road via Sagar is in bad shape.
The road via Nagpur is too long.

Roads approaching Jabalpur are terrible.

I would suggest a totally different route:

Raipur-Chilpi-Dindori-Umaria-Maihar-Rewa-Allahabad-Kanpur-Etawah-Agra-Delhi
I worked out distance (as per GMaps) as being around 150 kms more,

Why this route?

- NH7 towards Jabalpur from Nagpur is terrible all the way to Katni & Rewa

- Taking interior roads of MP, they are fantastic, although I have no current update on the road till Chilpi which is normally OK

- I have suggested an interior route from Chilpi all the way to join Maihar on NH7, all good roads but forest roads, 2 laned but safe, to be driven through by day

- The Bichia-Dindori-Umariya route has become very popular thanks to the perpetual bad condition of the NH7

- From Rewa, the road to Allahabad is good

- At Allahabad, you join the excellent 4-laned GQ route of NH2 all the way to Delhi.

Please bear in mind that fog is very dense this season through Central India, so ensure that you regulate your drive timings accordingly.

If you are still worried about going on this route, I would suggest you take the same route till Maihar, then go via Panna & Chhatarpur to Jhansi and then take the NS Corridor route to Delhi.

As of now, the NS Corridor work is still going on and the road between Laknadon & Sagar is in very bad shape.

In case you want to look at the route I have suggested, here is a link:
Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India to New Delhi, Delhi, India - Google Maps
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The road via Sagar is in bad shape.
The road via Nagpur is too long.

Roads approaching Jabalpur are terrible.

I would suggest a totally different route:

Raipur-Chilpi-Dindori-Umaria-Maihar-Rewa-Allahabad-Kanpur-Etawah-Agra-Delhi
I worked out distance (as per GMaps) as being around 150 kms more,

Why this route?

- NH7 towards Jabalpur from Nagpur is terrible all the way to Katni & Rewa

- Taking interior roads of MP, they are fantastic, although I have no current update on the road till Chilpi which is normally OK

- I have suggested an interior route from Chilpi all the way to join Maihar on NH7, all good roads but forest roads, 2 laned but safe, to be driven through by day

- The Bichia-Dindori-Umariya route has become very popular thanks to the perpetual bad condition of the NH7

- From Rewa, the road to Allahabad is good

- At Allahabad, you join the excellent 4-laned GQ route of NH2 all the way to Delhi.

Please bear in mind that fog is very dense this season through Central India, so ensure that you regulate your drive timings accordingly.

If you are still worried about going on this route, I would suggest you take the same route till Maihar, then go via Panna & Chhatarpur to Jhansi and then take the NS Corridor route to Delhi.

As of now, the NS Corridor work is still going on and the road between Laknadon & Sagar is in very bad shape.

In case you want to look at the route I have suggested, here is a link:
Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India to New Delhi, Delhi, India - Google Maps
This seems to be the best route so far. Few queries.
  1. Ideal night halt points
  2. Is it advisable to drive new diesel car for around ~1500 Kms before 1st servicing. Will MASS accept 1st free service at around 1500kms; which is a 50% over shoot above the prescribed interval. IMO as I would be using it on highway, the total RPMs done by engine would be low as it would be mostly driven on high gears.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks