Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 11:30   #16
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: MP, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra road trip

the road condition between nizamabad to omkareswar via washim is good with little traffic.

similalry somnath-porabandar was also good in may 2011 when i had travelled.
it would reduce distance if dwarka-somanth-sasan instead of dwarka-sasan-somanth. it does not make much difference in terms of road conditions.

I have done almost similar trip in may 2011 but in clockwise.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ples-more.html
Old 14th January 2012, 09:31   #17
BHPian

Re: MP, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra road trip

Hi all .. Finally we are back home after finishing our marathon trip covering 6 states in 12 days covering a massive 7210 km. I'd like to thank all of you guys for your valuable inputs as it did help in making this trip even better.

Now regarding the road conditions, I'm happy to say that almost 90 % of the roads were very good to excellent in places while 5~6 % were fine (bumpy) and the remaining were just plain bad.

So I'll give the information on those roads which are bad, starting with
  1. Nizambad - Bodhan : Very bumpy but managable . Avg speed 40~50 kmph
  2. Nanded - Parli : Very similar to Nizamabad - Bodhan road. But at least we could maintain a strady speed of almost 60 kmph
  3. Parli - Aundh : Bad roads, probably the worst roads we encountered throughout the trip. In fact the roads were that bad that we had to cancel going to Aundh mid way and head straight to Omkareshwar via Aurangabad
  4. Porbabdar - Somnath : I was actually warned by Skanchan about the bad roads. However the good news is patch work was going on.

Thats it !!!! Those were all the bad roads that we encountered throughout our trip. Rest all were absoultely amazing.
Some observations that I made during this trip
  1. From aurangabad to Dhule, there is a Ghat road which had very heavy traffic density ( mostly lorries). Lost almost 1.5 hrs there.
  2. The best 2 laned roads that we faced were in Madhya Pradesh. The road from Dhanmod to Omkareshwar was the best. And from Ujjain to Chittorgarh was also amazing
  3. The roads in Rajasthan were also superb with arrow straight roads at majority of the places
  4. On entering Maharashtra from Vapi, there seemed to be an endless construction of Flyovers till we reached Thane. Many of them were in early stages of development
  5. On entering Karnataka( Nippani), they are widening the existing roads to 6 lanes. So have to drive with caution as there is a 5~6 ft drop on the left side of the road.

So if any of you need any info about the road conditions apart from the ones I mentioned please feel free to ask me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks