BHPian

Re: REQ: AshtaVinayak and Kolhapur mahalaxmi 4 days trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Now, i am confused.

Edit:

Now i got it.

It dound sugar factory.
It seems that there is byepass to daund town.
Dound sugar factory is owned by political heavyweight from my city, so, offcourse, the byepass may be newly laid or repaired to carry sugarcane carts to the factory.
I will try this byepass in coming days.

I have edited this post deleting earlier matter.
@ashish and @ghodlur - About the bypass. Are you referring to the Gopalwadi intersection at lat-long (18.43741, 74.56777) ?
Take a right there and follow ahead, then left down and then straight ?
Pretty much skirts the town.

Please confirm.

Also please share petrol pump info. My Accent shows up the fuel indicator every 30 lts or 320 kms
Old 1st October 2013, 22:08   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

This seems to be not recent thread but nevertheless more appropriate for my query -

I am planning to take the ashtavinayak trip for 2-3 days in next week (6 Oct-10 Oct). But I am not sure how much the rush would be or would be it need to budget more days? I will be doing this solo - either drive or take public transit but if the rush is low and nothing much to worry about, I would take a chance to go along with my family that includes the 9 month old as well. Please advise.
Old 1st October 2013, 22:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I am planning to take the ashtavinayak trip for 2-3 days in next week (6 Oct-10 Oct). But I am not sure how much the rush would be or would be it need to budget more days? I will be doing this solo - either drive or take public transit but if the rush is low and nothing much to worry about, I would take a chance to go along with my family that includes the 9 month old as well. Please advise.
Since it's Navratri, I don't think there would be rush esp. at Ganesh temples. But instead of the weekend; try and do the trip on odd days say 8-9-10 october. If you are solo, no issues you can do it in 2-3 days, but if you are to do with your family and 9 month old baby, then I suggest you keep 1-2 more days at hand. Since Ganesh Chaturthi (monthly) is on 22nd, no issues doing it next week.
Old 1st October 2013, 22:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Great. Thank you W.A.G.7 for such a fast response
Old 31st October 2013, 14:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick update - I actually did this trip on 8th and 9th Oct and it was great fun. I drove all the way from Goa, ashtavinayak (moregaon to being and end with) and back to kolhapur in just two days. All temples were empty as W.A.G.7 said and even the roads were ok too, except few rare incidences. All the information from this thread and few others on this topic was helpful in planning and implementation.

Most Viewed