Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 21:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Tirutanni : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
I have to get to Red Hills tomorrow. thinking of taking Chittoor-Tiruttani-Tiruvallur.
MTH Road isn't any better evil than NH4, you have lot of traffic on a narrower road Rather than going all the way to Maduravoyal. You can take Poondamalee Bypass, take the right towards Porur. 2 km later the left towards Porur. You cross Kattupakkam-Iyyappanthangal-Ramachandra College and then take Chennai Bypass to Red Hills.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 13:30   #32
BHPian

@luvurride

Chittor - Tiruttani
--> the route is really good(Not much of broken roads, but beware of speed breakers/humps). you can easily do 80KM/HR. The distance from chittor to tiruttani is 65Km's .

Tiruttani - Tiruvallur
--> it is newly laid tramac. very clean roads till tiruvallur(here too beware of few diversions, one or two bridges are still incomplete). you can easily maintain 80 - 100KM/HR. the distance from tiruttani to tiruvallur is 36KM.

Tiruvallur - Redhills
--> Take the route which goes via Ekkadu, Vishnuvakkam, Thamaraipakkam Koot Road, Redhills. The road is Okay. But there is will be diversions , potholes and local population . here you can maintain decent speeds 40 -60KM/HR and you can reach redhills in 45 mins max.

Last edited by tht'snotME : 31st October 2014 at 13:32.
tht'snotME is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 10:22   #33
BHPian

Hi! Planning to visit Thiruthani early November from Bangalore via the Chitoor route. If anyone has travelled along this route recently kindly give an update on road condition, drive time, BF and Lunch options. Thanks in advance
Old 5th October 2015, 12:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_shiva View Post
Hi! Planning to visit Thiruthani early November from Bangalore via the Chitoor route. If anyone has travelled along this route recently kindly give an update on road condition, drive time, BF and Lunch options. Thanks in advance
I traveled in this route last year and Suresh_gs traveled on this route couple of months back.
The road conditions are good throughout. You have to go inside Chittoor town, and travel towards Pallipattu, Nagari and take right to latch on to Chennai-Tirupati highway to reach Tiruttani. Suggest to use GPS, if possible.

Driving time will be approximately 4 to 4.5 hours plus the break you take.
Since it is only a half a day trip, you may either take Breakfast or Lunch depending on when you start. There are quite a few options till Chittoor but beyond that there is nothing till you reach Tiruttani. Kamat, Vasudev Adigas before Mulbagal or Hotel Nandi Plaza at Bangarupalayam or Cafe Coffee days which are available in multiple places enroute.

Check out the Bangalore-Chittoor-Madras thread for more details.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 22:37   #35
BHPian

Thank you Ravi! I will make use of GPS on nearing Chitoor. Planning to have breakfast at either Kamat or Adigas and stop at CCD for a break later.
Old 16th March 2016, 23:43   #36
BHPian

Friends. My wife & I are planning to drive to Thiruthani, TamilNadu on March 23rd at around 8 AM. I live in BTM layout. There is another family joining us from Malleswaram for the same trip in an another car. Please suggest the best route between Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Walajapet - Thiruthani and Bangalore - Hoskote - Chitoor - Thiruthani route. Appreciate your help.
Old 17th March 2016, 11:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Friends. My wife & I are planning to drive to Thiruthani, TamilNadu on March 23rd at around 8 AM. I live in BTM layout. There is another family joining us from Malleswaram for the same trip in an another car. Please suggest the best route between Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Walajapet - Thiruthani and Bangalore - Hoskote - Chitoor - Thiruthani route. Appreciate your help.
Since you live in BTM layout and traveling with family, you better go via Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Walajah-Tiruttani. I don't see a point you to drive down via Hoskote-Chittoor route.

-Ravi
Old 20th March 2016, 22:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Since you live in BTM layout and traveling with family, you better go via Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Walajah-Tiruttani. I don't see a point you to drive down via Hoskote-Chittoor route.

-Ravi
Thank you Mr. Ravi. Now we realize that we have to go via Malleswaram to pick up another family, who will join us in the trip. In that case, will Chittoor route make more sense? Would anyone know how good is the road from Chittoor to Tiruthani, via Sholingur? I think the road is called Chittoor-Ponnai road.
Old 20th March 2016, 22:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Thank you Mr. Ravi. Now we realize that we have to go via Malleswaram to pick up another family, who will join us in the trip. In that case, will Chittoor route make more sense? Would anyone know how good is the road from Chittoor to Tiruthani, via Sholingur? I think the road is called Chittoor-Ponnai road.
If you are leaving Bangalore from Malleswaram, then yes, you can take Chittoor route, as the other route is about 40 kms more.

Also, the last we heard was direct Chittoor - Thiruttani road was not great. Instead, you better go via Nagari. Bangalore-Mulbagal-Chittoor-Pallipattu-Nagari-Tiruttani. The road conditions are good all throughout. Just watchout for 2L traffic between KA Border till Chittoor. Post which although the roads are 2L, there won't be much traffic.

https://goo.gl/maps/t9ioFw7dSMJ2

-Ravi
Old 28th March 2016, 09:06   #40
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Tirutanni : Route Queries

I second Ravi's thoughts here. I traveled on the said route last Nov. Road conditions were pretty decent throughout. Go via Nagari and connect back to Thiruttani.
yo_shiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:29   #41
BHPian

Did Tiruthani trip from Bangalore yesterday to attend a wedding.

Started from Bangalore in the morning around 8am. Visited Golden Temple at Sripuram near Vellore. After darsan and lunch there, we started from there at 2.45pm. Route to Tiruttani was:
Sripuram - Vellore - Arcot bypass - Walajahpet - Sholingur - Ramakrishnaraja pet (RK Pet) - Tiruttani

Roads were good with clear markings. Look out for heavy local traffic in Walajahpet, Sholinghur and RK Pet.
Also, roads inside Sholingur and RK Pet were quite narrow at places.
Started the return journey around 9pm. Reached NH at Arcot bypass around 10.30pm (distance of about 55 kms). From there on it was the usual 6-lane highway to Bangalore. Reached home at 2.00am.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 14:54   #42

@ srvm, is the road condition good / manageable post walajahpet till thiruthani ?
Old 20th November 2017, 15:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentears View Post
@ srvm, is the road condition good / manageable post walajahpet till thiruthani ?
Yes. Good roads mostly. Only the odd speed-breaker inside small towns.
Some roads are narrow in Sholinghur and RK Pet. Otherwise nothing much to worry.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 20:15   #44
BHPian

Any suggestion or update on road condition for travel Bangalore-Tirutanni-Bangalore.
Needs to travel and return on same day,
Old 15th November 2022, 11:33   #45
BHPian

Any good options for breakfast/lunch on this route? Planning for a day trip this saturday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks