Team-BHP - Route Between Gurgaon and Meerut
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Route Between Gurgaon and Meerut (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/115146-route-between-gurgaon-meerut.html)

Dear All,
I will be travelling to Meerut next week. The route decided is ,
Navi Mumbai-Baroda-Udaipur-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Delhi-Meerut .
Reading the various travelogues at Team Bhp i am pretty comfortable upto Gurgaon :D .
I have no idea of the route to take between Gurgaon and Meerut. Requesting fellow bhp's to help me out on this part. Few queries too,

1. Can i make it to jaipur in 24 hrs with a few breaks in between.
2. A hotel on NH8 close to jaipur where i can halt for the night.
3.Best time to travel between gurgaon and meerut on weekdays . Less traffic , good roads and estimated travel time.

Refer the below for the update on road condition

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2666473

Quote:

Mumbai - Jaipur is doable in 24 hrs.

Quote:

3.Best time to travel between gurgaon and meerut on weekdays . Less traffic , good roads and estimated travel time.
Start early morning to avoid Ghaziabad traffic.

Quote:

Route from Gurgaon to meerut
Take GRG Expressway - Ring Road - Sarai khle khan - Gazipur - Vaishali - Ghaziabad - Meerut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v&v (Post 2666481)
Take GRG Expressway - Ring Road - Sarai khle khan - Gazipur - Vaishali - Ghaziabad - Meerut.

Which is a better option from Ghaziabad? Modinagar or Hapur?
Because if you choose to go via Hapur, you can use the Ghaziabad by-pass.

No idea about road conditions though. (Hapur-Meerut)

no need to go hapur.

Ghaziabad via modinagar is simple and if any doubts the locals can help.

Its a simple route but be careful as you will find lot of tractor-trailers en route as there are many sugarcane crushers and mills.

Cheers
Piyush

Haven't gone to Meerut personally but This link may help you Gurgaon, Haryana to Meerut, Uttar Pradesh - Google Maps It will be better if you do it early morning as city traffic is quite heavy in NCR during the day.

And yes you can easily do Mumbai-Jaipur in 24 hours with breaks.

The road is nonexistent. It was four months ago, knowing the pace of things over there I'm not sure if the local administration fixed it up before the polls.

From Gurgaon take the Expressway/Ring Road and (depending on which ring road you took) turn left after AIIMs (from inner) or towards AIIMS 9from outer), and hit the approach road to Barapulla bridge (left after Dilli haat and right at the first roundabout). You can also hit MG Road and just follow it till Dilli Haat and then left towards Barapulla. After coming down the long bridge turn right under the second flyover. Turn left towards Ghaziabad when you see the signs, and follow the road for about 12km, turning right at the T-junction. The road to Meerut is an unmarked left.

It is dual carriageway with most of the carriageway on the road surface, and the drivers on this route have little to no road sense. It's a journey not for the faint of heart, and best covered when traffic is scarce and shool traffic has not yet started. Plan for a 4am start if leaving from Gurgaon, that should let you cover the 80km odd distance in about two hours. It took me about 4 during traffic hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav (Post 2666431)
Dear All,
I will be travelling to Meerut next week. The route decided is ,
Navi Mumbai-Baroda-Udaipur-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Delhi-Meerut .
Reading the various travelogues at Team Bhp i am pretty comfortable upto Gurgaon :D .
I have no idea of the route to take between Gurgaon and Meerut. Requesting fellow bhp's to help me out on this part. Few queries too,

I hope you are going via Ahmedabad.
Please note traffic jams in Ankleshwar-Bharuch NH8 bypass.
Please go to Meerut via Ghaziabad bypass & Modinagar
Don;t waste your time going inot Jaipur city. Stay at either Hotel Panagad in Kishangarh bypass or RTDC at Shahpura or Behror beyond Jaipur.
Jaipur is just a 15 hour drive from Bombay for someone driving fast and with no or limited breaks.
GUrgaon-Meerut is best done early morning.
If you are driving a SUV, beware of your vehicle being seized for election duty in UP.

Speak to SS-Traveller, he does VK to GZB everyday (IIRC). You can just tail his car in the morning.

IMO, either do it midday or like *really early* like cross GGN at 6am or so if you hate traffic.(I would - after a 1500km drive!)

Thanks everybody for the detailed inputs. I now have a fair idea of the route. Would try out
GRG Expressway - Sarai khle khan - Gazipur - Ghaziabad - Meerut . Hvkumar Sir, thanks for pointing out the hotels enroute.

I have never travelled more than 650 km in one direction. This one is going to be an exiting one.Any other precautions i need to take.

In fact the MJD should devour the miles comfortably - you can consult the existing threads. Highway Long Drive Tips | FreeRiding summarizes some of my thoughts. I presume u've done ur homework already!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav (Post 2666751)
Thanks everybody for the detailed inputs. I now have a fair idea of the route. Would try out
GRG Expressway - Sarai khle khan - Gazipur - Ghaziabad - Meerut . Hvkumar Sir, thanks for pointing out the hotels enroute.

I have never travelled more than 650 km in one direction. This one is going to be an exiting one.Any other precautions i need to take.

Also do remember not to continue on NH8 once you reach Udaipur, You have to take NH76/79 which will later join NH8 at Kishangarh. Landmark for exiting is just before Hyundai Showroom on your right or ask for Udaipur Airport.

All the best for your drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav (Post 2666431)
I have no idea of the route to take between Gurgaon and Meerut. Requesting fellow bhp's to help me out on this part.

As phamilyman said, I travel VK to Modinagar (that's 10 km short of Meerut) almost daily. PM me if you need any help.
Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2666726)
Speak to SS-Traveller, he does VK to GZB everyday (IIRC). You can just tail his car in the morning.

Quote:

Few queries too,
You can make it to Gurgaon in 24 hours with a few breaks in between. Delhi-Mumbai for most of us who do it, is a <24 hours run.
Quote:

HVK has already taken care of that, and who better! :)
Quote:

Cross Modinagar before 8AM (i.e. leave Gurgaon by 6:30 AM) to face minimal traffic - the sugarcane season is at its peak, and Modinagar is horrendously jammed these days. Stay away from this zone for a few days preceding the 28th of February, since the date of elections in the Meerut-Ghaziabad belt is 28 Feb, and campaigning will jam up roads during the day.

Also, a warning to SUV owners: Keep your SUVs away from this zone for about 2 weeks prior to the election date (28.02.2012); the risk of being grabbed for election duty is quite real.

Check out the attached route guide for Bangalore-Bombay-Delhi, has details of hotels en route, and detailed route instructions,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TVOOFBUR3ZhekE

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 2666931)
As phamilyman said, I travel VK to Modinagar (that's 10 km short of Meerut) almost daily. PM me if you need any help.

You can make it to Gurgaon in 24 hours with a few breaks in between. Delhi-Mumbai for most of us who do it, is a <24 hours run.
HVK has already taken care of that, and who better! :)

Cross Modinagar before 8AM (i.e. leave Gurgaon by 6:30 AM) to face minimal traffic - the sugarcane season is at its peak, and Modinagar is horrendously jammed these days. Stay away from this zone for a few days preceding the 28th of February, since the date of elections in the Meerut-Ghaziabad belt is 28 Feb, and campaigning will jam up roads during the day.

Also, a warning to SUV owners: Keep your SUVs away from this zone for about 2 weeks prior to the election date (28.02.2012); the risk of being grabbed for election duty is quite real.

Hello SS-Traveller, will surely PM you if i need any assistance. 24 hrs Gurgaon, Wow this sounds intresting. Just in case i make it to Gurgaon can you please provide me with some hotels for the night halt.

Will try to cross Modinagar as mentioned .Hope i don't end up with any issues with the cops.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2667017)
Check out the attached route guide for Bangalore-Bombay-Delhi, has details of hotels en route, and detailed route instructions,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TVOOFBUR3ZhekE

I will keep a print out of this.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

From Gurgaon, do not take toll road to reach Dhaula Kuan. Take Mehrauli Badarpur Road instead.
- Reach mehrauli and then take right from Qutab Minar on to Mehrauli Badarpur Road and drive till the road ends at Badarpur.
- Take left turn again and when you reach Apollo Hospital Flyover, take left from top of Flyover which will in fact take a loop below the flyover and eventually take a right turn towards Kalindi Kunj.
- On crossing Kalindi Kunj take left towards Noida and you will eventually reach Akshardham Mandir from where you have to gain take U-turn below the flyover to turn right towards Delhi border/Ghaziabad.
- On reaching border take left turn towards Dabur, then onwards to Mohan Nagar. On crossing Mohan Nagar you will cross Hindon River bridge after which you need to take immediate left turn (a new road) which is a new bye-pass towards Raj Nagar Extension through which you will eventually hit NH-58 on which you need to turn left towards Mohan Nagar.
- Then onwards to Modi Nagar and from Modi Nagar its 28kms to Meerut. Only, beware of traffic jams at proper Modi Nagar due to Sugar Cane buggis.

Best of luck.