Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2016, 23:03   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaymishra View Post
Do you have more suggestions on hotels at Buti Bori? Any recommendations of Hotels in Allahabad?
Hi Vijay,

Buti Bori industrial area which lies on the left side of the highway (NH 44/7) has around four hotels. I have stayed and eaten from only Hotel Mayur Vihar though. This is a good place for both. my personal experience. It is clean and neat and has ample space for parking your vehicle. Though some other Team-BHPians have stayed in the other hotels here, their feedback is not that good.

Staying at this place helps you avoid entering the Nagpur City. You can take the bypass and reach the other side in 40 minutes, but if you are 'unnecessarily' faster, you will take ten minutes less .

On the flip side, you will have to pay Rs 80/- toll at the entrance of the bypass. This will be extra. We pay Rs. 80/- before Buti Bori also, which gives you free exit at this toll plaza provided you cross this point in eight hours. Since Buti Bori hotels come in between, you will exceed this time limit when you stay there and you will shell out this amount again. Yet it is better as it allows you peaceful stay and avoid the city.

I had never had to stay in Allahabad since I stay in Lucknow. So, even if it is late in the evening, I return to Lucknow from Allahabad. My familiarity with hotels there is thus zero. Still, as you may also know, you can try any place in Civil Lines.

For history and nostalgia and also for some food items, don't miss the Indian Coffee House on Civil Lines in Allahabad.

Wish you happy driving. Let me know if I can help you further.

Vip.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like.... this....

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2016 at 09:16. Reason: Fixed Dotty Post
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 23:14   #62
BHPian

Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Hello Vipin, I am starting my Blr<-> Alladhabad Journey this Friday(30th Sep). Do you have more suggestions on hotels at Buti Bori? Any recommendations of Hotels in Allahabad?
Hi Vijay,

I am from nagpur and would rather suggest you to enter nagpur and stay at one of the hotels on Wardha road near the airport. There are a few which are good over there, depending on your pocket, you can go for Hotel Pride or Hotel Ashoka Nagpur. If you plan to leave early in the morning, which you should considering you ll have a long day drive, you can cross the city in a ziffy, given that allahabad highway is straight forward. You can check out for hotels near Wardha Road.

Hope this helps!
Old 26th September 2016, 06:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
I am from nagpur and would rather suggest you to enter nagpur and stay at one of the hotels on Wardha road near the airport. There are a few which are good over there, depending on your pocket, you can go for Hotel Pride or Hotel Ashoka Nagpur. If you plan to leave early in the morning, which you should considering you ll have a long day drive, you can cross the city in a ziffy, given that allahabad highway is straight forward. You can check out for hotels near Wardha Road.

Thanks for your response Saurabh, I checked out the map and dont think it is too much of deviation. I will check the availability of the the hotels here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Buti Bori industrial area which lies on the left side of the highway (NH 44/7) has around four hotels. I have stayed and eaten from only Hotel Mayur Vihar though.
Thanks for your quick response Vipin, I am taking this route for the first time and hence lot of questions. Driving with family on Dusshera holidays. I dont think I can PM, is there a way to have a short discussion on this topic. I have reached out to them and awaiting their confirmation.

Quote:
I had never had to stay in Allahabad since I stay in Lucknow. So, even if it is late in the evening, I return to Lucknow from Allahabad. My familiarity with hotels there is thus zero. Still, as you may also know, you can try any place in Civil Lines.
Wish you happy driving. Let me know if I can help you further.
I am looking at staying close to Triveni Sangam for 2 days and then travel to Varanasi. Thanks for your input here. Have some more queries that I am summarizing and will post soon.

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2016 at 09:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged; Formatted
Old 26th September 2016, 17:35   #64
BHPian

This is going to be my first 1000+ KM trip on a route that I have never travelled before. I keep doing Blr<->Mum atleast once a year. Trying to use the 2 weeks Dusshera holidays. I have gone through some of the reviews and also received responses from some. Thanks to all who have replied.
Below is the rough itinerary, any response with regards to hotels, stay, road conditions , tips etc are welcome.

Day 1 – 04:30 AM start – Bangalore to Nagpur via Hyderabad (Stay at Buti Bori or Wardha Road) – By going through various posts, I hope bad roads are fixed except few patches. Reach Nagpur at 07:30 PM
Breakfast at Kurnool (Hotel Suraj) at around 09:00 am, any recommendations for Lunch after crossing Hyderabad?

Day 2 – 06:30 AM Start – Nagpur to Allahabad via (Seoni, Jabalpur, Rewa) . Hoping this is the best possible route. What to expect? Jungle, ghats , extremely bad roads. How much time should it take for under 700 kms?

Day 3 to Day 10 Local sight seeing and engagements at Allahabad, Varanasi & Jaunpur.

Day 11 – Reach Pratapgarh (Lalganj Ajhara)

Day 12 – Travel from Pratapgarh to Kannauj (250+ Kms) – Any route help here will help. Google maps shows route from Mohanlalganj(close to Lucknow) or via Kanpur. No clue on good route/roads.

Day 13 – Kannauj to Kanpur(Jhinjhak)

Day 14 – Kanpur(Jhinhjak) to ButiBori 05:00 AM start (Chattarpur, Jabalpur route) is this the correct route.

Day 15 Buti-Bori to Bangalore (Help needed on eating options)
Old 26th September 2016, 18:07   #65
BHPian

Quote:

Day 1 – 04:30 AM start – Bangalore to Nagpur via Hyderabad (Stay at Buti Bori or Wardha Road) – By going through various posts, I hope bad roads are fixed except few patches. Reach Nagpur at 07:30 PM
Breakfast at Kurnool (Hotel Suraj) at around 09:00 am, any recommendations for Lunch after crossing Hyderabad?
Hi Vijay,

I drive almost every weekend from Hyderabad to Nagpur. For lunch you can try Hotel Divya, just before Kamareddy.

The roads are awesome till Adilabad and 2 patches of 20 kms each are not good after that. The first is just after crossing the maharashtra border till Pandharkavda and the second one till just before Hinganghat. The later one is bit too bad right now after all the rains. I typically take 7:30 to 8 hours from OOR hyderabad till nagpur and this 50 kms patch takes about 1:30 hours. Its advisable you cover this in day light, if possible. Hyderabad to Adilabad takes 4 hours with a 20 mins break and rest of the journey till nagpur again 4 hours (largely due to this 50 km patch).
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 18:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Day 2 – 06:30 AM Start – Nagpur to Allahabad via (Seoni, Jabalpur, Rewa) . Hoping this is the best possible route. What to expect? Jungle, ghats , extremely bad roads. How much time should it take for under 700 kms?
Nagpur to Seoni -> My suggestion you pay the toll and take the Nagpur bypass, its faster ( you avoid going through 2 adjacent cities apart from Nagpur).
You get to drive on 4 lane road till Mansar and there after the road is in bad shape till you cross the ghat section on MP side.
Agian 4 lane till lakhadon and back to 2way carriage which is patchy at best till Riwa . Beyond Riwa construction for 4 lane( Riwa, UP border via Mirzapur, you will turn toward Allahabad in between) was on, am hoping this to be bad after rains.
I am expecting you would take more than 12+ hours for these 700kms please plan for 15 hour.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 21:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Nagpur to Seoni -> My suggestion you pay the toll and take the Nagpur bypass, its faster ( you avoid going through 2 adjacent cities apart from Nagpur).
You get to drive on 4 lane road till Mansar and there after the road is in bad shape till you cross the ghat section on MP side.
Agian 4 lane till lakhadon and back to 2way carriage which is patchy at best till Riwa . Beyond Riwa construction for 4 lane( Riwa, UP border via Mirzapur, you will turn toward Allahabad in between) was on, am hoping this to be bad after rains.
I am expecting you would take more than 12+ hours for these 700kms please plan for 15 hour.

-Pramod
Hi Vijay,

I too suggest the same. That is, the first point. The map might show a straight road. I had taken my car through Nagpur once. It is straight but you spend a lot of time on traffic signals etc.

The bypass will take you from ahead of Buti Bori to near Mansar through a pretty smooth 4 lane. After Mansar, through Pench, you might take more time since road through Deolapar is a single carriageway. I am not sure about the condition of the road after rains. Though you get four lanes before Lakhnadon, it is intermittent. From Lakhnadon, it should be single carriageway. So, you may take more time. It might test your patience.

So, I too suggest that you prepare for much more time than 12+ hours.

See how much time it can take via Jabalpur and Rewa. Compare and consider taking Narsinghpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Kanpur route.

Buti Bori to Lakhnadon can be kept for four hours.

Lakhnadon to Sagar - three hours (This is 65+140 kms)

Sagar to Jhansi - two and half hours (200 kms)

Jhansi to Kanpur - four hours (225 kms)

Kanpur to Allahabad - four hours (190 kms).

I am, of course, putting a relaxed time-plan. It depends on your speed and vehicle. It is doable because the road is good throughout, unlike the Rewa road. This is an alternative you can consider.

From Buti Bori, you can directly reach Narsinghpur/Sagar via Chindwara instead of touching Mansar, Pench and Lakhnadon. But it should be a single carriageway.

And,
From Pratapgarh, you can go to the nearest point in NH 2, join the highway and go to Kannauj via Kanpur bypass. You go around 100 kms from Kanpur towards Agra and you will get the diversion to Kannauj. Via Mohanlalganj, the road suggested by maps is undependable and can be too much of a mess. But if you mean Kunda Pratapgarh, then travel to Lucknow, take Shaheed Path to Airport side and take Kanpur - Agra highway...

Vip.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 07:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Day 14 – Kanpur(Jhinhjak) to ButiBori 05:00 AM start (Chattarpur, Jabalpur route) is this the correct route.
I have heard that this NH 86 that actually takes you to Sagar via Chattarpur was literally non existent. No update about its repair work too.

From Kanpur to Nagpur/Buti Bori, the best bet is via Jhansi and Sagar. After reaching Narsinghpur, of course, you can decide if you want to take Chindwara route or Lakhnadon route. I always prefer the Lakhnadon one.

You can get a good HP diesel/petrol refill station five kms from Narsinghpur towards Lakhnadon (NH44) which accepts cards mostly and is cordial to offer facilities from tyre pressure check to washrooms. This will be on your right side though.

Vip.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 13:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:

After reaching Narsinghpur, of course, you can decide if you want to take Chindwara route or Lakhnadon route. I always prefer the Lakhnadon one.

I suggest take the Chindwara route, its really fast and is in very good shape. Recently did this on my Nagpur-Lakhnadon-Narsinghpur-Chindwara- Nagpur.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 27th September 2016 at 13:52.
Old 27th September 2016, 13:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I suggest take the Chindwara route, its really fast and is in very good shape. Recently did this on my Nagpur-Lakhnadon-Narsinghpur-Chindwara- Nagpur.

-Pramod
That should be the choice then. Both ways. The route must be scenic too.

Do you still have the option of taking the Oriental Nagpur Bypass in this case? I hope you don't have.

Vip.
Old 27th September 2016, 23:35   #71
BHPian

Thank you Vipin, Saurabh & Pramodh for your valuable response.
I have made some changes to the plan, now it gives me more time for a relaxed tour, I have cut some of the travel which I will do in my second trip.
Day 1 – Bangalore to Nagpur (hotel confirmed – Urban Heritage 6 kms from bypass)
Day 2 – Nagpur (bypass) to Mirzapur(Vindyachal)
Day 3 to Day 10 Allahabad, Jaunpur, Pratpgarh, Varanasi
Day 11 Varanasi to Buti Bori
Day 12 Buti Bori to Bangalore
Earlier recommendation was to avoid Rewa due to bad roads, now that I have changed my destination from Allahabad to Mirzapur, does this still makes sense?
Old 28th September 2016, 09:02   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Day 2 – Nagpur (bypass) to Mirzapur(Vindyachal)

Day 11 Varanasi to Buti Bori
Day 12 Buti Bori to Bangalore
Earlier recommendation was to avoid Rewa due to bad roads, now that I have changed my destination from Allahabad to Mirzapur, does this still makes sense?
Day 2 and Day 11 are still ambitious, I feel. But they are going to be real fun and be ready for longer duration drive. Though the distance is manageable in a day, it will the condition of the roads in the Rewa side that will slow you down.

So, I understand your route to be this:

a) Bangalore - Hyd Nehru ORR - Adilabad - Hinganghat - Buti Bori/Nagpur.

b) Nagpur Bypass - Mansar - Deolapar - Lakhnadon - Jabalpur - Katni - Rewa - Mirzapur.

The catch is in this (b). One is, how you propose to take the Chindwara route (if at all) to Narsinghpur and from there directly to Jabalpur. The second is, how you plan to avoid Rewa if you are heading towards Mirzapur on NH 7 itself. Just be clear about these for yourself while starting.

Wish you happy driving. And please update about roads etc once you are free after the drives. And also about the places you stay.

Vip.
Old 28th September 2016, 17:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Day 2 and Day 11 are still ambitious, I feel. But they are going to be real fun and be ready for longer duration drive. Though the distance is manageable in a day, it will the condition of the roads in the Rewa side that will slow you down.

So, I understand your route to be this:

a) Bangalore - Hyd Nehru ORR - Adilabad - Hinganghat - Buti Bori/Nagpur.

b) Nagpur Bypass - Mansar - Deolapar - Lakhnadon - Jabalpur - Katni - Rewa - Mirzapur.

The catch is in this (b). One is, how you propose to take the Chindwara route (if at all) to Narsinghpur and from there directly to Jabalpur. The second is, how you plan to avoid Rewa if you are heading towards Mirzapur on NH 7 itself. Just be clear about these for yourself while starting.

Wish you happy driving. And please update about roads etc once you are free after the drives. And also about the places you stay.

Vip.
Thanks again for your response Vipin.

I am not sure if there is any better route to avoid Rewa.

I may change the plan slight but dont know if this will help in avoiding bad roads.

Onward - > Blr-Hyd-Nag-Seoni-Jabalpur-katni-Maihar-Allahabad ( dont find a better route to avoid Rewa.

Return - > Pratapgarh(Lalganj Ajhara) - Maihar(avoiding Rewa) -Katni-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nag-Hyd-Blr.

This will be final, until I find a better route. Do I have to prepare myself for the treacherous Rewa route or find an alternate will depend on response. Keeping finger crossed.
Old 24th December 2016, 18:16   #74
BHPian

Avoid Hanumana - Mirzapur - Benaras route at any cost. There is no road it's like moon craters, you don't see any black top. The fun part at every nook and corner have speed limit and sign board stating don't speed ! Even tanks cannot go beyond 5kms speed !
Any suggestion about Gaya - Nagpur to avoid Benaras , Mirzapur?
Old 14th November 2019, 10:53   #75
BHPian

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, But I am driving from Allahabad to Dharwad (Karnataka) by the end of this month,
I am looking for any information regarding the condition of the roads from Allahabad to Nagpur (NH30)
and Nagpur to Hyderabad. Or, I plan to drive from Allahabad to Pune and NH4 to Dharwad. Which would be better? Any inputs will be much appreciated.
I am driving a 58 year old car, and do not want to leave anything to chance or take any risks. Kindly help with suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks