Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 23:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Taj Expressway - opening in March 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No flyovers needed. Tractors have no issues crossing 6 inch high central dividers. Why waste money on flyovers.
As for speed limits, not needed at all. Wrong side tractors with no headlights can slow down all vehicles, and even destroy over speeders, and not so overs speeders.
just like Noida-Greater noida expressway, this will be a successful population reduction initiative by the govt.
More incentive will be given to dumper trucks(construction/material lorries) to be parked in the fast lane. Extra bonus points for Fog times.
For those who still survive all this, govt will paint white lines on the road, which will gradually get closer to the divider, and then merge with divider, and divider will take care of the rest(like Noida-Greater Noida expressway).
So no worries folks. Its all planned out well.
Well - let us not be so pessimistic. Let us hope that we get a good road - albeit with speed breakers at every village

And in due course of time - people adapt to living along a high speed road and take care/follow rules out of compulsion (at least)!
Old 14th March 2012, 00:40   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Well - let us not be so pessimistic. Let us hope that we get a good road - albeit with speed breakers at every village

And in due course of time - people adapt to living along a high speed road and take care/follow rules out of compulsion (at least)!
I live in Noida, and have seen what is the Noida-Greater Noida expressway.
So I have high hopes
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...sway-hell.html
Old 14th March 2012, 11:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Dont think that this is possible. After all - if there are no exit/entries - then how will the village traffic be managed? How will they cross the road? or will there be a flyover over every village?

But yes, hopefully would be a good road. Even if it is a good smooth road - more than 80% of our worries are over.
The A'bad - Baroda Expressway is a sealed one, only 2-3 exits on the 75 Km stretch, they have built bridges in most places to connect villages/ communities which are split due to the expressway. Initially local people agitated by blocking roads etc., slowly it fizzled out, the toll is very high at about Rs.1 per km, but cuts travel time to 1 hr from earlier 3, no bikes are allowed. The wrong side traffic was a problem at first but has practically stopped, the villagers found it lethal; lots of bikes crushed on impact, tractors got hit, cattle died and people who crossed went for sixers, villagers respect the fast traffic more now, cattle is still a problem.

I think the Taj Exprpessway will go through these phases and will settle down slowly, but with higher accident rates and casualties. It would be difficult to stop road rage on such an inviting tarmac, unless the law steps in hard with checks and controls. The law steps in only when IT IS interested or some political party kicks butt for votes, not that they are interested in peoples lives.

--Ramky
=====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 14th March 2012 at 11:13.
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 11:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I live in Noida, and have seen what is the Noida-Greater Noida expressway.
So I have high hopes
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...sway-hell.html
I appreciate the cyncism having seen a lot of bad accidents on account of speeding on a empty road. But i am an optimist and will keep on hoping for good.
Old 14th March 2012, 12:22   #20
BANNED

Any idea where the Agra end opens into the NH2.

@ramakya1 remember you are looking at a Mototrway and not a dual carriageway, which is what our GQ is!
Old 14th March 2012, 12:31   #21
BHPian

Last time I was in Delhi, someone told me toll charges from Delhi to Agra is around Rs. 450 one way. Don't know how much of it is true but that's way too much.
Old 14th March 2012, 13:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well guys, I have been very optimistic and have travelled on this while going to my hometown near Jewar, however as I said very optimistic, the highway wasnt ready last year.

Let me share the plans

The whole stretch (atleast till Jewar) is at a height, like a semi flyover and is closed with barricades, even if one tries to take his 4x4 at such height, he cant join the expressway.

Its totally sealed.

Since its at a height, there are multiple crossing points for villagers to cross (below the roads) and let me tell you, the villagers are already used to using those crossing points. As the road is closed for them and all.

I went via service roads, which is undergoing construction, and is in a pathetic state, went via one side of service lane which was in bad condition, santro got stuck, had to call construction workers to get it out.

I wish there would be atleast one or two exit points (one near Jewar ) , else I wont be able to use this expressway. I understand, there are hardly any exit points on the route (except at the ends)

Will see if I travel next time through that route, will share some pics.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 14:18   #23
BANNED

I guess the entire expressway (the real one) will have to be fenced to keep away the rural / locasl traffic. I hear that one such expressway (in Modiland) has dual fencing. This is a must unless you want carnage on the roads.

Also, when is it opening to traffic.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 14:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

I've gone till Jewar from Greater Noida. Its elevated all through and i doubt if villagers would climb up all the way just to cross the road.

Road is bloody wide on both sides and very well built.

Agra is 165kms from Greater Noida.
The Yamuna Expressway!-img112.jpg

The Yamuna Expressway!-img113.jpg

The Yamuna Expressway!-img114.jpg
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 15:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

If you are coming from Greater Noida towards Noida, the road quality deteriorates quite a bit as you approach Noida. This stretch was constructed years ago and is need of complete recarpeting since patchwork done to fill potholes has created its own undulations. There's another major problem in this stretch - the absence of foot overbridges for pedestrians whose number is quite high due to office buildings on both sides of the E-way.
Old 15th March 2012, 14:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any idea where the Agra end opens into the NH2.

@ramakya1 remember you are looking at a Mototrway and not a dual carriageway, which is what our GQ is!
Sorry Sir, I don't get your drift. Would you please explain? Thanks.

--Ramky
======
Old 15th March 2012, 14:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I've gone till Jewar from Greater Noida. Its elevated all through and i doubt if villagers would climb up all the way just to cross the road.

Road is bloody wide on both sides and very well built.

Agra is 165kms from Greater Noida.
Attachment 902760

Attachment 902761

Attachment 902762
Wow - looks pretty nice. So you are saying that the road is open to traffic even now? How far is Jewar from Agra if we are going from Greater Noida?

And any idea if the road is constructed fully till Agra or there are still patches with work ongoing?

One more Q - are there any eateries along the way?

P.S:- So it looks like some planning went into making this a sealed highway to reduce any slow moving and unwanted traffic. That is nice and will potentially help in safety.

Last edited by sach.sri : 15th March 2012 at 14:59.
Old 15th March 2012, 15:27   #28
BANNED

Saw a full page ad of the Jaypee group in the local daily noise:

Expressway under completion
Traffic Starts: April 2012.

I guess this may be taken as official.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 17:08   #29
BHPian

I guess it's gonna take time as there are constant agitations by the farmers in that belt against toll being levied on them. Driving for three days on the awesome tarmac during the F1 event was quite an experience. But yeah, as Tanveer correctly said, it can again turn into a recipe for disaster if not managed properly. Let's hope for the best.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
I guess it's gonna take time as there are constant agitations by the farmers in that belt against toll being levied on them. ........................... Let's hope for the best.
They have a local solution to that. I have seen in the Baroda - Surat section local cars/ lorries with local regn numbers are exempt from toll. There was agitation and I heard some out of record compromise was reached to let the work go on.

--Ramky

---------
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks