Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 13:43   #331
BANNED

re: The Yamuna Expressway!

I was driving up from Kanpur to Gurugram. On inquiry I was told the best way is to avoid the Agra-Lko Eway, and come up from Kanpur to Etawah on NH2/19 and then at Jaswantnager got onto the ALE and then it links to the Yamuna E'way. Toll is ₹160.

I must say that Kanpur-Etawah has been transformed. Just two tolls, in place for four (or more) to Etawah. Also, the highway is much better.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 16:32   #332
BHPian

re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
... I was told the best way is to avoid the Agra-Lko Eway, and come up from Kanpur to Etawah on NH2/19 and then at Jaswantnager got onto the ALE and then it links to the Yamuna E'way. Toll is ₹160.

Avoid eway because of the toll amount or is there some other issue as well? I heard that the Lucknow agra eway is awesome.
Old 4th September 2018, 12:17   #333
BANNED

Re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Avoid eway because of the toll amount or is there some other issue as well? I heard that the Lucknow agra eway is awesome.
Yes it is. But Kanpur - ALE approach is horrible. Also, if there is a jam or a hat then forget it. In terms ot time, the route which we took is the same as from Kanpur.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:52   #334
Senior - BHPian

Yamuna Expressway: Maximum speed limit of 75 km imposed.

Quote:
Next time you take the Yamuna Expressway, be informed about the new speed restrictions! The 165-km long and busy Yamuna Expressway, connecting Greater Noida with Agra in Uttar Pradesh, now has a revised speed limit cap for all vehicles plying on it. On the Yamuna Expressway, the maximum speed of vehicles for two months, starting from December 15 will be 75 km per hour, according to a Dainik Jagran report. This decision has been taken in view of the foggy weather conditions of the winter season and to make travelling safe and smooth on the expressway.
News Story.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 11:34   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Yamuna Expressway: Maximum speed limit of 75 km imposed.
That's a welcome move considering the amount of fog it gathers. But why 75? It should have been brought down to 60kmph. Fog during winters is very thick and people seldom drive slowly. Reaction time decreases as vehicles are not visible. Speed restrictions are one thing, we also need proper fog lamps in front and rear and reflectors on trucks and buses as well as dividers. I would like this to be implemented properly and very sternly. Anyone crossing limits should be literally fined heavily.
Old 12th January 2019, 21:45   #336
BHPian

Fog no deterrent, cars cruising over 200 kmph on Yamuna e-way

Quote:
On January 9 night, a BMW car registered with Agra RTO was recorded cruising at 203.09 kmph, that, too, without its headlights on. Along with the BMW, two other cars of New Delhi and Madhya Pradesh registration numbers were found speeding at 176 and 185 kmph respectively.

Speaking with TOI, Major (retired) Manish Singh, manager of Agra toll, said, “We were really astonished to find that a person was cruising at 200 kmph during the night hours without headlights on. The other car driver too, who touched 185 kmph, was merely using fog lights. After spending so many years as a worker with the expressway, I believe that no matter how much precautionary measures we as service providers or even police can take, it’s ultimately the driver of the vehicle who needs to be cautious and alert about the risk of high-speeding driving.”

In over five years between August 2012 to March 2018, 718 people lost their lives on Yamuna expressway.
In over five years between August 2012 to March 2018, 718 people lost their lives on Yamuna expressway. AGRA: Even after nearly 800 deaths on Yamuna expressway since its commission in 2012, motorists have been found to be cruising on the stretch at 200 kmph even on foggy days. According to private concessioner responsible for monitoring the expressway, 4,506 vehicles were found speeding above 140 kmph between Mathura and Agra stretch since October 2018.

Notably, the speed limit on the expressway has been reduced to 75 kmph in the winter season in view of the fog.

“We often see drivers of BMWs, Audis, Fortuners and other four wheelers cruising well over permissible limit risking their lives as well as others’, but even after challans, they don’t bother. The traffic enforcement agency must come up with other solutions to curb the speed demons. Such reckless drivers must be made to wait for at least an hour on toll plaza as a token punishment, because monetary punishment does seem to affect them much,” Singh said.

“After taking permission from the government authorities, we have reduced the speed limit on expressway for cars to 75 kmph instead of 100 kmph in the winter season considering the fog,” Singh added.

In over five years between August 2012 to March 2018, 718 people lost their lives and 7,671 were injured in 4,956 road accidents on Yamuna expressway.

When contacted, RTO (enforcement), Agra, Anil Kumar said, “We have asked the Agra traffic police to issue challan notices to owners of the cars which were cruising on expressway beyond the permissible limit.”

Prashant Kumar Prasad, superintendent of police (traffic), Agra, said, “We have identified the BMW owner and we are issuing challan under various provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act for dangerous driving, over-speeding, disobedience of order, disobey of traffic norm and obstruction of information. A challan of Rs 4,300 is being issued to the driver. Similar action is being taken against other drivers as well.”

“Whenever we receive over-speeding receipts issued by Yamuna expressway toll service provider, we issue challans against traffic violators. Last year, 15 driving licences were revoked after the drivers were found repeating traffic violations.”
Source
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 22:27   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Fog no deterrent, cars cruising over 200 kmph on Yamuna e-way
BMW: Driving with night vision?

Old 21st June 2019, 18:48   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone help me with the location of eateries on Yamuna Expressway? It'll be great if location can be shared. I'll be starting from Lucknow tomorrow morning for Manesar. The route shown by Google Maps is by KMP expressway exiting Yamuna Expressway around Vrindavan for Manesar. Planning to take lunch before exiting.
Old 24th December 2019, 09:33   #339
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am planning to undertake a journey to Lucknow via Yamuna Expressway. Can any one of you please let me know if Yamuna Expressway is Fast tag enabled?
I tried to search on internet but could not find anything.

Thanks & Regards
Old 10th April 2020, 15:02   #340
Senior - BHPian

If we are traveling from Gurgaon to Agra by Yamuna expressway, do they accept fastag or is it cash only?

need to know about below three sectors

Delhi Noida - Fastag ?
Noida - Greater Noida - Fastag ?
Greater Noida - Agra - Fastag ?
Old 10th April 2020, 15:18   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If we are traveling from Gurgaon to Agra by Yamuna expressway, do they accept fastag or is it cash only?

need to know about below three sectors

Delhi Noida - Fastag ?
Noida - Greater Noida - Fastag ?
Greater Noida - Agra - Fastag ?
Hi Scopriobharath,

-> Delhi Noida - not sure which route you are planning but I use Domestic Airport, RK Puram, Ring Road, South Ex to DND while going towards Noida from Dwarka, New Delhi. I normally travel early morning (before 7:30 AM) to avoid any traffic. No toll is required on this route.
-> No toll to be paid while going towards Greater Noida from Noida if I proceed from DND, Noida to Greater Noida.
-> Yamuna express way does not accepts Fastag. You need to pay them but they do accept cards and PayTM.

I traveled as late as March 17 2020 on Yamuna expressway and Fastag was not accepted.

Thanks

Vikas
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 21:49   #342
BHPian

Finally some good news on the Fastag front.
I believe that the Yamuna Expressway will soon be equipped with Fastag.
Unfortunately, the toll rates are expected to go up as well.

https://www.amarujala.com/amp/delhi-...-noi5221209116

https://m.livehindustan.com/ncr/stor...37520.amp.html
Old 28th November 2020, 08:20   #343
BHPian

Has the Fastag been started on Yamuna expressway? Any update on this?
Old 28th November 2020, 08:59   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
Has the Fastag been started on Yamuna expressway? Any update on this?
I'm just heading out in half hour up-to jewar. Will inform you.
Off note, Do the fast tags on new cars come with some balance? Or will I have to recharge?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 09:54   #345
BHPian

Thanks..I think some default amount like Rs 200 is loaded with opening of Fastag ( Practically the money that you pay to get one). Rest you have to keep on re-charging based on your usage.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th November 2020 at 16:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks