Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2023, 09:49   #376

Re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
I was of the opinion that this speed limit is only for the winter months when in general foggy conditions prevails. Is this the new normal now?
The 80 speed limit was for a limited duration, from 15 December-15 February and post that it’s been 100 only.
Old 7th July 2023, 15:57   #377
BHPian

Re: The Yamuna Expressway!

I have used the Yamuna Expressway numerous times over the years to travel between Greater Noida and Lucknow and never faced any issues. However, on my last trip, something weird and suspicious happened that I thought would be worth sharing.

I was going towards Agra alone and had crossed the Jewar toll (the first one when you are coming from Delhi/Noida/Greater Noida). Everything was usual. When I reached the 2nd toll (Mathura toll plaza), even though I had the Fastag and the boom barrier automatically opened, the toll plaza operator asked me to roll down the window.

I rolled down my window a bit and he asked me if I was travelling alone. Then he said that one of his colleagues (staff member) needs to reach the next toll plaza urgently and if I can give him a ride. Although I love to help others, I just didn't feel something right at that moment. So, I polietly refused and carried on.

I then reached the 3rd toll (Agra toll plaza) and was patiently waiting in the queue. When I reached the boom barrier, the same thing happened. The toll operator gave a quick scan inside my car and asked me the same questions - travelling alone and dropping off a staff member at the next toll (the one before the Agra inner ring road).

And I noticed that he didn't stop other cars but only mine. Perhaps because I was travelling alone.

Again, I politely declined. But this time the toll operator tried convincing me and was a bit persistent. Anway, since the boom barrier was already opened, I apologised and took off.

Over all these years travelling via the Yamuna Expressway, this was the first time something like that happened. I don't think it was a coincident that both the toll operators asked the same things to me considering I was travelling alone.

Could this be a new way of scamming/looting travellers? Just thought of sharing this with the community.
UtkarshC is online now   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks