Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 19:56   #1
BHPian

Accommodation at DisneyLand, Paris?

Hi Guys,
We are planning to visit Disneyland Paris in July. We are reaching Paris on July 19th and have till 21st July. We are hoping to visit disneyland on 20 and 21st July.

Any suggestions on the following?
1. Accommodation. I saw Radission Blu which is housed in Disney Golf Village giving us around 250Euros per night. I also saw a few hotels outside the park, for around 100E. Any suggestions on where to stay? Especially worried about the Food, since we are Veggies :(
2. We are planning for 2 Day Park Hopper Tickets. Is this good?
3. We are reaching there on 19th July @2PM. Any suggestions on what to do on this day?

Any help/pointers/suggestions is really appreciated.

Thanks,
BB/Ash
Old 17th March 2012, 22:52   #2
tud
BHPian

Re: Need Help: DisneyLand Paris - Acco

Hi Ash,

- You will definitely need 2 days if you want to visit both the parks.
- Almost all hotels in Paris offer discount coupons to Disney parks. Its best to buy the tickets through these hotels instead of buying them directly at the park.
- I was there last year. I paid Euros 40 for my room for 2 in Paris and the Disneyland was just about an hour's travel by the train. And there are so many trains going there. Where ever you stay in Paris, you just take a train from the nearest station and join the closest red line station. Check this link http://parisbytrain.com/files/2008/06/metro.pdf for a clear picture.
- In case this train travel is not a problem, you can come back to your hotel in Paris. Check out hotels.com | Cheap Hotels, Discounts, Hotel Deals and Offers for the best prices.

As for your day on 19th, do not miss the Eiffel tower. Its better to buy tickets online to enter the tower. The basic ticket entitles you to go upto the 2nd floor of the tower. A supplementary ticket will take you to the top most point. Definitely worth it. By booking tickets online, you get to jump the enormous Q.

How many people are travelling with you? Any kids?

Cheers,
Dinesh
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 00:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accommodation at DisneyLand, Paris?

@bond_bhai

1. Accommodation at Disney land may be very expensive. When I visited Paris, I stayed at Bussy-Saint-George (station before Disney Land if you take RER). Unfortunately, I don't remember the hotel name.
2. Make sure that it also covers the Studio too. Plan for a day at Park and another day at the studio.
3. Once you enter Paris, get the day travel ticket which will cover all forms of public transport within Paris. Do not miss the Eiffel Tower.

Disney Land Paris do have a very big food court. I remember seeing Pizza hut, KFC, McD and so on. Let me know if you need any help.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 18th March 2012 at 00:21.
Old 18th March 2012, 23:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
@bond_bhai

1. Accommodation at Disney land may be very expensive. When I visited Paris, I stayed at Bussy-Saint-George (station before Disney Land if you take RER). Unfortunately, I don't remember the hotel name.
2. Make sure that it also covers the Studio too. Plan for a day at Park and another day at the studio.
3. Once you enter Paris, get the day travel ticket which will cover all forms of public transport within Paris. Do not miss the Eiffel Tower.

Disney Land Paris do have a very big food court. I remember seeing Pizza hut, KFC, McD and so on. Let me know if you need any help.
Me and wife, wife pure veggee, did Paris and Disley Land iin 2009 Sep, stayed in Paris, there are many options to reach Disney, hotels have regular transport arrangements, book in advance, rail is another grear option. Found rates inside Disney double the cost of outside hotels, as most people said, you need 2 days if you want to take it nice and easy and if you want to do the studio and park too. Inside Disney we managed with Finger Chips which was the only veg thing we could get, you can get energy bars and biscuits too.

Eiffel is a must see, online ticket would be best, even with pre-arranged tickets through Thomas Cook, we had to wait in line.

Actually there is 15-20 days of sight seeing in and around Paris, so one need to pick and choose what is to each ones taste and sacrifice the rest.

--Ramky
======
Old 19th March 2012, 05:46   #5
BHPian

I would sauggest you can do Eiffel at about 6-8 pm on 19th followed by a boat ride 8-9. I think it should be sunny until 8 in July. The boat ride is really romantic during the sunset! It starts just below the Eiffel Tower and lasts about an hour.

In my opinoin, do not think of going to the Louvre Museum, unless you want to meet only Monalisa. The museum needs one complete day and when you arrive at 2pm, its nearly impossibe locate Monalisa in the museum before the closing timings!
Old 19th March 2012, 21:44   #6
BHPian

@tud, @rameshnanda, @ramkya1, @LP640

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

We are two people, Me and my wife (20-odd year old kid) . I will be looking at hotels outside Disneyland, probably closer to the city.
Day 1: Reach Paris, Check in. Eiffel Tower + Boat Ride (If time permits).
Day 2: Disney Park - Friday might have lesser crowd compared to a Saturday.
Day 3: Disney Studios.

I will probably take the Metro for 2 days for the travel. I will be buying a two day Park hopper tickets. Also, can we buy the "Fast Pass" in advance?

This is actually a part of the plan. 19th July to 21st July, it will be only me and my wifey.

Actually, Starting July 22nd till August 12th, we are group of 4. Planning to visit France, Switzerland and Italy. I made a mistake of creating a thread only for Disney. Can i post the plan here or do i need to create a separate thread? The subject line and the post will be different if i do, hence this question!
Old 20th March 2012, 10:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Me and my wife had been to Paris a year ago.
All my bookings was through internet.
From the airport took the train to Gare Dl Est.
I had chosen a hotel which was walk able distance from the station.
There are plenty of hotels around this station.
Took the metro to go around the city.Be familiar with the metro before you go to Paris by
seeing the maps in Google.
Eating places not a problem we both were veggies.
Try to find out when the sunset is happening and reach Eiffel tower in the dusk.
So that you can enjoy sunlight as well as after the lights are on over the Eiffel tower.
I had booked tickets online and the entry was effortless but timing of entry has to be maintained.
Boat ride should not be a problem as they are around Eiffel tower.
I had taken the metro at 11.12pm nearby to Eiffel to get back to my hotel.So city is safe.
In Louvre Museum the maps are available do take an audio guide it takes a minimum of
5-6 hrs to see the museum.So reach the museum before 9am as there will be a Que to
enter the museum.
I did not visit Disney studios.

Last edited by gajadonga : 20th March 2012 at 10:25.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 10:44   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

As planned I guess better to stay outside park and travel in morning. I was not able to visit Disney land when I went to Paris due to time constraints, however I had checked only and remember seeing buses available.
We had taken hop on hop off buses for sight seeing and I would recommend that over metro, we had got off buses taken a walk around river side and had to take metro back to hotel. Metro was too crowded and queue for ticket took quiet some time.
Not sure about the type of hotel you looking for, however there is an Ibis walkable distance from Eiffel, it was around 100 Eur for 2 bed when booked online. Some rooms have view of Eiffel from window, ours werent so had to be happy with view from corridor.
Also, book all tickets in advance, Eifel you can get online (Opt for the 3rd stage one, where you can go all way to top its worth that extra few euros). For museums had found online tickets to be almost double that of counter tickets. However you can get that for a nominal charge (guess 0.5euro) from tourism dept counters. They have it at diffrent places in city; we got from train station along with hop on hop off bus tickets. Advantage of getting tickets in advance you can beat the mad queues and save that time for seeing places more.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:24   #9
BHPian

@Bond_Bhai,

At the outset I would recommend you the Disney hotel it gives you the true Disney picture.
Look at it this way you will for sure not want to take another trip to Euro Disney atleast for a few more years to come. Do it the right way.

There are shuttle buses from the Airport to the Park, considering you are staying in the park, there are a lot of streets shows and other entertainment near the park gates. You can spend a comfortable evening there.

Most Important, if you are travelling with a small child even if you think your child is big enough 5-6 years old. .do take a pram/stroller if you have one. Else you might have to rent it out. not sure abt the prices though.

The park will easily tire out children and the stroller is the best solution for them.

Do take spare batteries, fully charged, with plenty of spare film/memory stick if you are digitized. ?You will clikc like crazy and cannot waste time to download to a spare CD etc.

Most important is the evening parade and the fireworks show. There will be signs in the park which mention good spots for fire works display. Do not miss it.

If you are staying else where , you will miss the last bus to get back after the fireworks session.

Hope the above helps,
Old 20th March 2012, 12:10   #10
BHPian

I would recommend Hotel Opera Cadet, a 3 star property, quaint, comfortable, good rooms (you can get a 3 single bed room and even a 4 single bed room). A good buffet breakfast is included in the tariff. A small hop and skip will reach you to CADET metro station and connectivity is brilliant on the metro railways.

We did disney for one day (not the studios). Having done some research & planning on the net, we were able to complete all the rides/events. Some of them a couple of times too (Peter Pan). There is an advance reservation for some of the popular rides/experiences which you can block and enter without standing in the long queues. You should reach the location well within opening times and leave only at closing time after seeing the parades. Vegetarian food is available in the park.

Being vegetarians, we stuffed ourselves on the breakfast before moving out. I distinctly remember eating at an Indian cuisine restaurant (was run by Bangladeshis) which is not very far from Hotel Opera Cadet, we walked back to the hotel. Don't remember the name, however the food was decently prized and good value for money. Was like a Oasis in the Desert!!

Day time options - we used to step into bakery kind of places where you could choose the dressings/toppings/ingredients to go with french bread (very similar to SUBWAY). This was really fullfilling!!

Our tour programme (not a package, entirely pre-planned) was as follows:
Day 1 (afternoon onwards) - Louvre (Mona Lisa of course), Seine Cruise, Eiffel Tower top
Day 2 - Disney
Day 3 - half day package tour of Paris (coordinated with hotel), Montmartre, Champs Elysees, Moulin Rouge night show
Day 4 - Versailles Palace which is a bit outside Paris, return to London.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Also, can we buy the "Fast Pass" in advance
No, you cannot. A fast pass is to avoid the long queues and has a few rules. Google for "Fast Pass" & "Disneyland vacation tips". It shows the USA Disneyland and their rides, however the fast pass rules/tips are the same.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post

3. We are reaching there on 19th July @2PM. Any suggestions on what to do on this day?

Thanks,
BB/Ash
Try to finish Eiffel tower by early evening, and take the boat ride on Bateaux Mouches when its getting dark. IIRC, the ride cost me around 10 or 12 EU; totally worth it and highly recommended. There are of course several tickets to choose from, such as boats that offer a fine dining experience etc.

More info here - Compagnie des Bateaux Mouches® - Official Website

Here's couple of pictures from my boat ride
Attached Thumbnails
Accommodation at DisneyLand, Paris?-dsc02431.jpg  

Accommodation at DisneyLand, Paris?-dsc02448.jpg  

chikkars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 14:11   #13
BHPian

bond_bhai, the hotels and resorts within Paris Dissneyland are quite expensive. As you would be spending most of your time in the parks, I feel the expense is not worth it. We stayed at L'Elysée Val d'Europe, a very good hotel 2 kms. form the park. It is accessible by the RER ( Paris underground ). One needs to get down at Marne La Vallee train station, which is a few steps from the hotel. The hotel provides free bus shuttle to the Disneyland park. Entry tickets are also available at the hotel.
The first day may be spent at the Val d'Europe shopping centre located just opposite the hotel. I would suggest you study the park map on the internet and identify the rides that you MUST take. Rush to the first one as soon as the gates open and thereafter divide time by getting FASTPASSES ( passes which reserve a time slot for you ) to the other rides. This way you will not spend your entire day standing in serpentine queues.
Old 25th March 2012, 00:36   #14
BHPian

Thanks for all the help guys!
I am planning to book this hotel - Booking.com: hotel Tulip Inn Marne la Vallée, Bussy-Saint-Georges, France - 779 Guest reviews. Book your hotel now! (Near Bussy-Saint-Georges). This is close to DisneyLand and close to the Metro as well. So, If i need to visit "Heart" of the Paris, i can just take the Train.

What do you guys think?
Old 17th January 2016, 19:15   #15
BHPian

Anyone visited Paris Disneyland recently ? Any suggestions for place of stay ? We are planning to go around Easter 25-28th March and wanted to use these days to be best.

Anyone aware if the Eiffel Tower is still open after the attacks ?

Most Viewed