Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 17:46   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Hello, bumping up a very old thread. Starting at Nagpur with destination as Agra, which could be the best road option? Nagpur to Allahabad or Nagpur to Kanpur or Nagpur to Agra?
Inputs will be highly appreciated.
Wow! Did not get the question Himadri. Kanpur/Allahadbad are in one direction. While Agra is another.

Basic route is Chindwara-Narsingpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Agra.

Of course there are work arounds in terms of how to avoid bad roads. There are much such section on this route.
Old 30th November 2015, 17:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Going direct to Agra is the best option as Ampere stated . That's the standard route. Good roads apart from 100 km Jhansi-Gwalior.

Rewa-Allahabad is bad. Don't know about Kanpur, but these options would mean significant deviations.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 30th November 2015 at 18:04.
Old 30th November 2015, 21:14   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Rewa-Allahabad is bad. Don't know about Kanpur, but these options would mean significant deviations.
Jhansi-Kanpur is a decent road as per what I know last. There were quite many posts on using this section to come down to the 4-lane network closer to western and central corridors.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 23:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Starting at Nagpur with destination as Agra, which could be the best road option? Nagpur to Allahabad or Nagpur to Kanpur or Nagpur to Agra?
Hi Himadri,

Do you have to go to Kanpur and Allahabad for any personal or official work? Otherwise, while driving from Nagpur to Agra, why should one even think of these places?

I did Nagpur - Jhansi twice last year. On my way from south of Mysore to Lucknow. You can see the travel report too (Southwards from Lucknow). I took the Nagpur - Seoni - Lakhnadon - Sagar - Lalitpur route. The NH 44. In the old scheme, it was NH 7 from Nagpur to Lakhnadon.

The road is good all through now. You will have a single track from Mansar to Seoni though. But the road is not bad, as I saw it last time. Rest is all four lane toll road. Almost all the bypasses are complete too.

Some of them are beautiful stretches. Enjoy your journey.

Vipin.
Old 1st December 2015, 08:52   #35
BHPian

Thanks Vipin for the update. My destination is Delhi, hence choose kanpur and Allahabad as the other two options to reaching NH2. But as you have mentioned Nagpur to Agra is good, will take this route. This is really helpful.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 1st December 2015 at 08:58.
Old 12th December 2015, 23:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
My destination is Delhi, hence choose kanpur and Allahabad as the other two options to reaching NH2. But as you have mentioned Nagpur to Agra is good, will take this route. This is really helpful.
Dear Himadri,

Have you done your driving already? Give us a brief update...

Vipin.
Old 13th December 2015, 05:38   #37
BHPian

Hello Vipin, have not yet done the trip. This Delhi even odd issue forced me to change all plans. Regards.
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:17   #38
BHPian

Hi Vipin,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Lucknow in Feb, a question on the route , Any reason you drove to Sagar via Jhansi from Lucknow , is the route from Kanpur to Kujraho to Sagar not doable in a car because of bad roads?

Thanks for your help

Rohit
Old 9th February 2016, 22:42   #39
BHPian

Hi All,

Completed the Bangalore to Lucknow run on 8-feb.
Here are the latest updates
Blore- Hyd Smooth found a very nice stop with clean bath rooms and good restaurant large parking area called Food Pyramid 25/30 km after Kurnool towards Hyd.

Hyd - Nagpur

Cafe coffee day 20 Km after Hyd. roads are very good except a 50 km stretch closer to Nagpur it becomes smooth 50 km before Nagpur. I did not find any good places to eat after CCD

Nagpur - Jhansi via Chindwara and Narsinghpur best phase fantastic high speed road well marked even in two lanes. Enjoyed the most + the Satpura forests.
Excellent veg dhabha called Jai Shriram dhabha 60 km before Sagar and 9 km after dewri towards Jansi. Clean toilets as well.
Jhansi to Lucknow good roads from Jhansi to Orai
Horrible from Orai to Kalpi due to sand trucks. Kalpi to Lucknow smooth.

Hope this helps fellow travellers.

Did not go through Kujraho as was not sure about roads in that area.

PS : Stayed in Hotel Jhansi was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice place in Jhansi has a lot of history as well.
Rohit Tripathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 12:26   #40

Re: Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries

Now that the Nagpur-Mansar-Khawasa-Seoni road is in good condition, i would prefer it over Nagpur-Chhindwara-Narsinghpur road as it saves the enrty/exit pain of Nagpur city.
Old 13th March 2016, 01:32   #41
BHPian

Hi All ,
An update on the return journey from Allahabad to Bangalore.
Allahabad to UP border 2 lane smooth.
UP border to Mangawan worst road or no road. Need high good ground clearance as well, in my lightly loaded Vento touched the back toe hook twice even after careful driving.
Mangawan to Jabalpur via Rewa/Katni 80-100 kmph 2 lane.
Jabalpur to Nagpur since I was not sure about the Seoni route and already knew the good road via Narsinghpur I took that route.
Nagpur to Bangalore is 4 lane through out no problems.
Stoppages :
Had Lunch near Narsinghpur lots of decent Dhabhas but you may find difficult to find clean restrooms for ladies.
Between Nagpur and Hyderabad we ate at Srinath Dhabha food is okish relatively clean.
Between Hyderabad and Bangalore stopped for Lunch at Blue moon food court it is A/C food is nothing to write about but the parking is covered that helps in keeping the car cool while parked considering the heat in Andhra.
Drive safe.
Rohit Tripathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 11:42   #42

Thanks for the wonderful updates Rohit. I would recommend taking Jabalpur-Seoni route to Nagpur instead of Jabalpur-Narsinghpur as the roads are good and it saves a lot of time.
Old 20th March 2016, 13:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Tripathi View Post
Jabalpur to Nagpur since I was not sure about the Seoni route and already knew the good road via Narsinghpur I took that route.
Nagpur to Bangalore is 4 lane through out no problems.
Nice to hear about your long drive Rohit! I hadn't seen your original post.

But I was also wondering about your choice for Narsinghpur instead of Lakhnadon. There are enough updates about the Seoni route, including that of mine It is mostly four lane, except in the Bison retreat area for around 50 kms. Even that road is quite good and scenic.

Then you get the Mansar - Nagpur 4-lane and the Oriental Nagpur bypass. You will be directly reaching near Buti Bori.

Is the highway (NH 44/7) from Nagpur to Bangalore an entirely 4-lane one now? What about the Pandharkhwada - Pipperwada area (which, of course, you had written about earlier while driving to Lucknow)?

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 20th March 2016 at 13:30.
Old 26th March 2016, 16:52   #44
BHPian

Hi Vipin/ Just in Time,

We wanted to make a stop in Nagpur to check out their unique Poha + Tari It was worth the stop. In Nagpur I was given negative info on the Jabalpur route. The local hotel's driver suggested the Narsinghpur route and it was a good choice (since the roads were good).

The Nagpur Hyd is almost all 4 lane even in the Pankharwada section although you do change over from one side to the other it is still paved it will drop your pace significantly as it is bumpy but you can still do 70-80 kmph.

I was very impressed by Bheda Ghat in Jabalpur so will make another trip to explore that area further. Lot of culture and treks yet to be done there.
pic of my drive at Bheda Ghat.

Drive Safe
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries-img_20160218_105237.jpg  

Last edited by Rohit Tripathi : 26th March 2016 at 17:05. Reason: Corrected the response
Old 23rd August 2016, 17:23   #45

Hi all,
My query is same , I am planning to travel to kanpur from Bangalore via delhi (I need to drop one fellow there) on 3rd September.
I have a friend coming from delhi who will be there with me till delhi and from there I'll be driving alone to kanpur .

I'll have a trunk full of load and two people including me (both can drive).
Car : i20 elite (diesel).

Because the monsoon I am not sure how the roads will be , this will be my 1st attempt to such a long journey (~2500km)
I have covered long distances upto 1800 km previously but here in South india , roads never let me down.

I have 2 queries :

1st, Since i am moving to the city , I'll have valuable items , I'll be preferring a safe route (I'll be traveling in day time only , for the same reason) ; please help me out with the route considering the rainy season too.
I estimate ,it'll take around 3-4 days to reach kanpur from banglore.

2nd, how many stops should I take and what would be the best places for the same.

Please let me know if it would be safe covering any strech during night.

I'll be travelling in next 10 days , I'll really appreciate if anyone can help me prior to 3rd September.

Last edited by shobbhitmishra : 23rd August 2016 at 17:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks