Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 13:07   #1
BHPian

Route : Sri Kalahasti from Bangalore?

I like to need detailed best route for trip to sri Kalahasti temple and back this weekend. Also hotels and any related information enroute will help as travelling with my old parents in my Zen Estillo
Old 28th March 2012, 14:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Need best route for a trip to Sri Kalahasti from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrats View Post
I like to need detailed best route for trip to sri Kalahasti temple and back this weekend. Also hotels and any related information enroute will help as travelling with my old parents in my Zen Estillo
Shortest & best would be to take Chitoor route i.e., Bangalore - Hoskote - Kolar - Chitoor - Tirupati bye-pass (Chennai highway) - Srikalahasti. It should be around 280 - 300 kms. Road is 4 laned till Mulbagal and rest is two way but good roads mostly.

Hotels enroute - I haven't come across any great ones - but there are some. Yes - you could stop over in Tirupati either to stay a night or to eat. There are some good hotels like Bhima in the town but - it would be a slight detour...it would make sense - if you play to stay there.
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 14:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route : Sri Kalahasti from Bangalore?

Theres direct KSRTC from Majestic IIRC. Road were good and scenic. We did a overnight travel and reached early morn.
Old 28th March 2012, 14:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Theres direct KSRTC from Majestic IIRC. Road were good and scenic. We did a overnight travel and reached early morn.
That was how many years ago... 6 or 7 iirc Roads were good then. It was a lovely temple, Great granite structures et al. We (Jkdas and I) took a bus from Majestic to Tirupati bus station and from there took another bus to SriKalahasti. Srikalahasti is almost an hour from Tirupati bus station.

There were no big hotels years ago and the town was quite small, by now the placed would be different, but i wish it didn't.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 15:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

The most important point to note is not to get into Tirpupati and Renigunta.
You should by-pass both the towns.

While coming from Chandragiri, you should see directions marked for Chennai take that till you hit the crossing for Alevelu Mangai.
That should help bypass Tirupati. Then dont take the Chennai direction. Ask for Renigunta.

Here is a link to help: Link

From Bangalore its the standard Tirupati route via Kolar/Palamaner/Chittoor/Chandragiri.
Chittoor by-pass is bad, you can drive the through city.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 18:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Please refer my posts #447, #450 & #451 in the thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-help-31.html

Where are you planning to stay in Sri Kalahasti trip?
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 19:03   #7
BHPian

i Would agree with the Ajith route.

since that's the best route and try to avoid the Chittor By Pass, its not good get into the City.

But i would suggest you to stay in Tirupathi rather than in Sri Kalahasti, the reason would be to have more choice of hotels, since its less than an hour between two places and you can visit some more temples in Tirupathi.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 13:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
since that's the best route and try to avoid the Chittor By Pass, its not good get into the City.
I just crossed Sri Kalahasti one week back for my Jharkhand trip. There are ample signboards to reach till Sri Kalahasti. Road condition is very good. In Chittor you have to take left from city to get into Tirupati road. Straight road goes to Vellore.

I reached Tirupati Byepass in 3.5 hours. Started from Bangalore at around 4:30 AM and reached Tirupati byepass at 8 AM. Speed not more than 100 KMPH.
anujmishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 14:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I just crossed Sri Kalahasti one week back for my Jharkhand trip. There are ample signboards to reach till Sri Kalahasti. Road condition is very good. In Chittor you have to take left from city to get into Tirupati road. Straight road goes to Vellore.

I reached Tirupati Byepass in 3.5 hours. Started from Bangalore at around 4:30 AM and reached Tirupati byepass at 8 AM. Speed not more than 100 KMPH.
Hi Anuj,

Tirupathi Bypass is good, i am confirming that the chittor bypass, where you get a sign board before towards left where the Chittor Town is around 3 or 4 kms, i mean avoid that route, you have to go further straight no right or left, you will get into the town, so we need to use that road to cross chittor.

i have been told my driver when my family was going in safari, he took the bypass and the road is full of poth holes.

so the best idea is avoid chittor bypass.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 17:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Anuj,

Tirupathi Bypass is good, i am confirming that the chittor bypass, where you get a sign board before towards left where the Chittor Town is around 3 or 4 kms, i mean avoid that route, you have to go further straight no right or left, you will get into the town, so we need to use that road to cross chittor.

i have been told my driver when my family was going in safari, he took the bypass and the road is full of poth holes.

so the best idea is avoid chittor bypass.
You are right too. I am talking about roads inside Chitoor town. This time I went within Chitoor town and you have to take left from highway inside town to get into Tirupati road.

One can navigate easily inside town. This time I completely avoided byepass due to above reason.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 14:24   #11
BHPian

Finally we went to SriKalahasti temple this last Tuesday on 17th July 2012. The route is decent except one has to be very careful with Dogs and curves. We often hear accidents happening on this stretch as drivers are ruthless and rash.
We started at 6.15 am from RT nagar and reached SriKalahasti at 11.45 am with two breaks. There are good streches where you can do well and save that for bad stretches.
There is ample parking space around the temple for a cost of 40 but its very dirty around the temple. They could do a lot better.
The temple is amazing and beautiful.
We started at 5.15 pm and was home by 11.30 am. The rains slowed down our return journey.
If any one needs more slecific as to route and what pooja and what to do and not to do I will be more than happy to help
Old 7th August 2012, 22:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
If any one needs more slecific as to route and what pooja and what to do and not to do I will be more than happy to help
We are planning to go to SriKalahasti temple. Could you please tell us the type of puja available, cost and time/if any booking is required. Thanks.
Old 7th August 2012, 22:37   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
We are planning to go to SriKalahasti temple. Could you please tell us the type of puja available, cost and time/if any booking is required. Thanks.
Details of types of puja available, cost and start time of each puja is available at the following URL.
****OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF SRIKALAHASTEESWARA SWAMI VARI DEVASTHANAM*****
Old 17th June 2015, 00:21   #14
BHPian

Bumping up this old thread :

Guys planning a week end trip to srikalahasti on 21st June, if any one of you have been there in the recent past please update on the road condition.

I am planning to take the route as posted above by mahesh:

Bangalore - Hoskote - Kolar - Chitoor - Tirupati bye-pass (Chennai highway) - Srikalahasti.
Old 17th June 2015, 01:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Stick to the route you have mentioned, its good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks