Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 03:13   #1
BHPian

Udupi to Jadcherla ( Near Mehabubnagar)

Hello Guys,
I am planning to go Jadcharla, a small village situated in bangalore-hyderabad highway (NH44). I am starting from Udupi i want to reach Jadcherla via gooty.

I know the road from Gooty to Jadcherla was a 4 lane NH44, I want to know the best route to reach Gooty from Udupi.

My Options

Udupi > Manipal > Thirthahalli > Shimoga > Badravathi > Chitradurga > Hospet > Bellary > Gooty

Please guide me the road conditions on this way. Suggest me if any other better routes to reach Gooty.

Help!!

Old 30th March 2012, 09:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Udupi to Jadcherla ( Near Mehabubnagar)

Bellary-Gooty is a very bad option. Crossing Nh4 to NH7 around Chitradurga is not that easy with roads being really bad.
The smoothest road possible is still coming towards Bangalore and taking the 4-Lane.

It sets you back by 200 km at most, but for the long distances, its good to be on nicer roads.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 10:57   #3
BHPian

Thanks @ampere

What will be your route option?
How was the road till chitradurga?
Old 30th March 2012, 10:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Bellary-Gooty is a very bad option. Crossing Nh4 to NH7 around Chitradurga is not that easy with roads being really bad.
The smoothest road possible is still coming towards Bangalore and taking the 4-Lane.

It sets you back by 200 km at most, but for the long distances, its good to be on nicer roads.
RoamingRao in a different thread (Hyderabad-Hampi, post #89) has mentioned that Bellary-Guntakal-Gooty has become good.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 11:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMasq View Post
Thanks. What will be your route option with better roads to munch the miles??
I think Prasad has a point. Situation seems to have improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
RoamingRao in a different thread (Hyderabad-Hampi, post #89) has mentioned that Bellary-Guntakal-Gooty has become good.
Prasad
Thanks for that Prasad,

Updated route link

Now the question is: Shimoga-Chitradurag-Chalkere-Bellary.

That section is rough but doable. Before NH13 was retarred between Chitradurga-Hospet, folks for Hampi from Bangalore used to take the Hiriyur-Chalkere-Bellary SH. That section is rough but patchy.

I dont know about the current status of Shimoga-Chitradurga section. I hear its decent. But good to confirm with others.

Also note on this route good road side hotels. You will have find some in the towns that you pass by,
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 11:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would like to suggest this route.
Shimoga-Harihar-Hospet-Gangawathi-Manvi-Raichur-Mahabubnagar-Jadcherla.
The only stretch that will be bad would be Kamalapur-Kampli-Gangawathi but manageble.
If you want to avoid Kamalapur stretch then from Hospet travel upto Budugumpa cross and then to Gangawathi
Rest of all the roads are in good condition.
Bellary to Kurnool is also average.Most of the buses from Bellary take this route via Siruguppa-Sindanor
Raichur-Mahabubnagar-Hyderabad as the roads are in good condition.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by gajadonga : 30th March 2012 at 11:42.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 14:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I would like to suggest this route.
Shimoga-Harihar-Hospet-Gangawathi-Manvi-Raichur-Mahabubnagar-Jadcherla.
The only stretch that will be bad would be Kamalapur-Kampli-Gangawathi but manageble.
If you want to avoid Kamalapur stretch then from Hospet travel upto Budugumpa cross and then to Gangawathi
Rest of all the roads are in good condition.
Bellary to Kurnool is also average.Most of the buses from Bellary take this route via Siruguppa-Sindanor
Raichur-Mahabubnagar-Hyderabad as the roads are in good condition.
Hope this helps.
Thanks @ampere & @gajagonda

Actually i will be going on a long trip, The track i asked about is a bit of my journey.

The Track i was going to travel next month is

Cuddalore > Panruti > Arasur > Thirukovilur > Vellore > Bangalore > Mangalore > Udupi > Manipal = Stay for 3 days

Than from Manipal i am going to Devarakonda (Have to take the right @ Jadcherla) = Stay for a week. This thread is about this section of the trip.

Than again From
Devarakonda > Nagarjuna Sagar > Guntur > Ongole > Kavali > Nellore > Chennai > Thindivanam > Puducherry > Cuddalore.

This is going to be my trip. I approximately going to be 2,400kms in 10days.

Vehicle: Xylo E6 Celebration Edition II (2010)
Passangers: 6 Adults

Note: As it was going to be 6 persons in a car with lot of body roll & lot of miles to cover, i like to prefer better roads. this is the section ( Manipal > Gooty) I was unaware off..

Now by our T-BHP friends it is clear that Hospet > Bellary > Gooty is in good condition.

What about the route from

1, Manipal > Shimoga > Badravathi > Chitradurga ??

2, Chitradurga > Hossahalli > Hospet (NH13) > Bellary (NH67)
or Chitradurga > Chellakere > Rampura > Bellary (SH 48 & 19)

Which one is good presently in the second sector route??
Old 30th March 2012, 16:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

At Jadcherla do not go on to the flyover go beneath it and after Jadcherla bus stand take the right turn.I have traveled Jadcherla-N.Sagar-Guntur about 2months back.
Jadcherla-Kalwakurthy is two laned road and is good.
Kalwakurthy-Devarkonda is single road preferably a day journey no potholes but have to
get off the road on the shoulders to give way to vehicles coming from opposite side.
N.Sagar-Macherla-Dachepalle-Pidugurala-Sathanapalle-Guntur is also in good condition.
In case if you are not stopping at Guntur then at Nallapadu take the right turn and ask
for Eenadu news paper office you will reach the Guntur-Ongole national highway.
This saves a lot of time than by going into Guntur town.

Last edited by gajadonga : 30th March 2012 at 16:21.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 16:37   #9
BHPian

Hi,
I frequently travel to Kurnool from Mangalore. I always take the following route. Mangalore-Karkala-Agumbe-Thirthahalli-Shimogga-Holehonnur-Channagiri-Holalkere-Chitradurga-Challakere-Bellary-Alur-Aspari-Kodmur-Kurnool. I cannot say that this is the best route. Somehow I like this road. Shimogga to Holehonnur and Bellary to Alur has some bad stretch but can be manageable. On Bellary to Gutti road you may find hundreds of speed breakers. I start by 5AM and I reach Kurnool at around 8-30pm.
B.R.S.Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 17:13   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Hi,
I frequently travel to Kurnool from Mangalore. I always take the following route. Mangalore-Karkala-Agumbe-Thirthahalli-Shimogga-Holehonnur-Channagiri-Holalkere-Chitradurga-Challakere-Bellary-Alur-Aspari-Kodmur-Kurnool. I cannot say that this is the best route. Somehow I like this road. Shimogga to Holehonnur and Bellary to Alur has some bad stretch but can be manageable. On Bellary to Gutti road you may find hundreds of speed breakers. I start by 5AM and I reach Kurnool at around 8-30pm.
Thank you @B.R.S.Rao

I want to know Channagiri > Holalkere > Chitradurga > Challakere > Bellary How is this section right now? Is that a Double lane or a single lane?

I was planning to take Chitradurga > Hossahalli > Hospet (NH13) > Bellary(NH67) instead of Chitradurga > Challakere > Bellary which is a state highway. How is the two routes right now?
Old 30th March 2012, 21:13   #11
BHPian

Hi,
Shimoga-Holehonnur-Channagiri-Holalkere road is single lane and initial stretch is not good. Holalkere to Chitradurga double lane and is in good condition, and challakere to Bellary is excellent and easily you can maintain 100+kmph. Caution: unmarked road humps! Also from Thirthahalli to Bellary you have to be very careful about bikers and tractors. These people does not have any road sense! Pillion will signal for right ,indicator will flash for left and the rider will take full "U" turn! I have seen many times tractorwalas straightaway driving from near by field in to highway without bothering about incoming vehicles. These maniacs does not have redlights( tail light)or indicators and some times even headlights! Try to reach Kurnool before sunset.
Take care!
Old 30th March 2012, 22:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Your original route plan is the best.
Now NH13 Shimoga-Hollalkere-Chitradurga is in good condition.
So is the Chitradurga-Hospet section.
You can cut short the distance to Bellary by turning off NH13 at Kudligi & going via Sandur to Tornagallu on the Hospet-Bellary NH63.
I am told that Bellary-Gooty is also in good condition now.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 22:23   #13
BHPian

Thanks Guys..

What about the road section from Manipal - Thirthahalli - Shimoga?
Old 31st March 2012, 10:22   #14
BHPian

Hi,
Narrow road, watch for mini bus plying between Shimoga to Udupi/Mangalore. From Manipal till Agumbe ghat section road is not so good. From Agumbe to Shimoga is beautiful.
Take care.
Old 31st March 2012, 10:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Hi,
Narrow road, watch for mini bus plying between Shimoga to Udupi/Mangalore. From Manipal till Agumbe ghat section road is not so good. From Agumbe to Shimoga is beautiful.
Take care.
Thanks dude,
So The roads are good from Agumbe > Shimoga (Via Thirthahalli) Right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks