Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2014, 23:20   #16

Re: A Trip Plan : Mumbai -> Mussoorie -> Mumbai

There have been quite a fews in the route plan from Jaipur to Mussorie.
1. Original - Rewari - Jhajjar - Rohtak - Panipat - Saharanpur - Dehradun - Mussorie.
2. Suggestion 1 - Through Delhi - Meerut - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee - Dehradun - Mussorie
3. Suggestion 2 - Via Agra - Noida - Ghaziabad- Meerut- Muzaffarnagar- Deoband-Dehradun-Mussourie
4. Suggestion 3 - Rewari - - Jhajjar - Rohtak - Panipat - Pipli - Yamunanagar - Paonta Sahib - Herbertpur - Dehradun - Mussorie http://goo.gl/maps/i0o7z
The last one was suggested by a friend who lives in Dehradun and sends trucks from his plant in Selaqui (Dehradun) through this route. A quick Google Earth research showed this was the most scenic route. Does anyone here have info about this route.

However, whichever route I finally pick up, there is going to be stopover for sure (Wife mandates it). And the best option seems to be either Gurgaon or Manesar. I am inclined towards Manesar so as to avoid driving further in to the NCR. I think leaving Jaipur slightly before noon and getting in to NCR by late afternoon / evening should help me beat peak hour traffic. Leaving the next day at around 5 AM should help me get to Mussorie by late afternoon. I guess even from here, all the four routes options would be available to me.

Does any of this sound good?

Arun
Old 12th February 2014, 05:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RArun View Post
There have been quite a fews in the route plan from Jaipur to Mussorie. 1. Original - Rewari - Jhajjar - Rohtak - Panipat - Saharanpur - Dehradun - Mussorie. 2. Suggestion 1 - Through Delhi - Meerut - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee - Dehradun - Mussorie 3. Suggestion 2 - Via Agra - Noida - Ghaziabad- Meerut- Muzaffarnagar- Deoband-Dehradun-Mussourie 4. Suggestion 3 - Rewari - - Jhajjar - Rohtak - Panipat - Pipli - Yamunanagar - Paonta Sahib - Herbertpur - Dehradun - Mussorie http://goo.gl/maps/i0o7z The last one was suggested by a friend who lives in Dehradun and sends trucks from his plant in Selaqui (Dehradun) through this route. A quick Google Earth research showed this was the most scenic route. Does anyone here have info about this route. However, whichever route I finally pick up, there is going to be stopover for sure (Wife mandates it). And the best option seems to be either Gurgaon or Manesar. I am inclined towards Manesar so as to avoid driving further in to the NCR. I think leaving Jaipur slightly before noon and getting in to NCR by late afternoon / evening should help me beat peak hour traffic. Leaving the next day at around 5 AM should help me get to Mussorie by late afternoon. I guess even from here, all the four routes options would be available to me. Does any of this sound good? Arun
The last one is used by an uncle frequently and he is pretty happy with ye condition. Yes definitely it's the most scenic.
Old 12th February 2014, 16:28   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road Trip plan - Navi Mumbai to Mussorie - Advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RArun View Post
This is useful information. I am planning to visit Agra on my way back from Mussorie. Mussorie to Agra will take me about 12 hours and will involve a one night stopover to visit the Taj.
Arun
There are a couple of CNG stations in Agra as well. But gas in Agra is considerably more expensive than in Delhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks