Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 20:42   #1
BHPian

Trip to South TN from Chennai

Hi,

I am planning to drive from Chennai to the following places can someone help me with the route.

Destination A - Poondi Matha Church near Trichy
Destination B - Kallanai Trichy
Destination C - Srivilliputhur

I am okay to interchange destination A and B, can some one suggest me a hassle free route, I am familiar with NH45 to Trichy.

Thanks in advance
Old 26th April 2012, 23:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Trip to South TN from Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Hi,

I am planning to drive from Chennai to the following places can someone help me with the route.

I am okay to interchange destination A and B, can some one suggest me a hassle free route, I am familiar with NH45 to Trichy.

Thanks in advance
Hi, I recently did Tanjore Poondi Matha Church. Kallanai to Poondi is around 20 kms. The place where church is located is called Thirukattupalli. Will get you the details tomorrow.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
On Nh 45 after the coleroon bridge in srirangam and just before you hit the cauvery bridge take the left ,it is a winding road running along cauvery to kallanai- 17+ kms.
Cross over the kallanai bridge and take the road on the left side of bank only(right side is called thokur and this will reach poondi church after reaching thirukattupalli).
It is another 20kms on the banks and you have directions marked for the church which comes on your left.
It is a straightforward route.
PM me for any further assistance.
Pray for all of us. Incidentally i may go there on my way tomkumbakonam from trichy.

cheers
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 09:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,
Best route is:

NH45 till you cross the river at Trichy and then followed by SH22 to Kallanai and Poondi.
Now Srivilluputur is straight forward route back via Trichy/Madurai on 45 followed by the route to Thenkashi.
If you dont plan to get into Madurai, then take the bypass via airport and there on to Thirumangalam and Thenkashi highway.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 23:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Best route is:

NH45 till you cross the river at Trichy and then followed by SH22 to Kallanai and Poondi.
Now Srivilluputur is straight forward route back via Trichy/Madurai on 45 followed by the route to Thenkashi.
If you dont plan to get into Madurai, then take the bypass via airport and there on to Thirumangalam and Thenkashi highway.
Thank you Pradeep and Amp, sure I will pray for all of us Pradeep
Old 16th June 2012, 18:34   #6
BHPian

Hi,

I completed the trip and the information provided was very useful, I took the SH22 as suggested to Kallanai and Poondi, one thing I would like to highlight is crossing over the Kallanai from one side to other is a challenge with an oncoming vehicle as the bridge is very narrow, so need to wait for our to turn to cross over if a vehicle is already on the bridge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks