Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2012, 13:04   #1
BHPian

Bhopal to Delhi on a bike - First Timer - Help!

Hello everyone, as the title suggests, i am planning to go to Delhi from Bhopal on my bike ( 2006 Apache 150, 85,000 kms run ). Can you please help me to finalise the route which i have to take as this would be my first long ride. The only longest ride i have done was from New Delhi to Jaipur to and fro. So i need all the help from you guys which includes what route to take, Where to stop for breaks, and how many kms should i travel at one go before i give my bike some rest. And i have heard lots of horror stories of the Bhind-morena stretch. Please advice me on what precautions should i take while travelling as i would be travelling alone.

I am planning to leave on May 25th at around 4 in the morning so that i can reach Delhi by 8 or 9 in the night. I had a chat with a friend who has been on this route several times and he said that it is easily do-able and i should not worry about the Bhind-morena stretch as i would be crossing that place around 2 or 3 o clock in the afternoon.

As there would be a case for rain too, can you please tell me some tips and tricks to pack my luggage. I would probably use a cramster saddle bag ( colt ) or a big ruksack which i would tie through bunjee cords.

Lastly, what all paper work of the bike should i carry. I have all the necessary documents and the bike is registered in Delhi.

I know there are lots of questions to answer but i would really appreciate if you guys could take out some time and help me out.

PS: there is also an option of transporting my bike through train but i am against it as i had a horrible experience 4 yrs ago when i came to bhopal. And i always prefer riding or driving myself rather then taking any form of publicc transportation.

Thanks

Aditya
Old 6th May 2012, 15:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bhopal to Delhi on a bike - First Timer - Help!

I think you can try Bhopal-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi. Let the gurus tell the final route.
Since it is summer, if possible, try to do it in two days else some 350 kms before noon and remaining in the evening/night.

I have done Bangalore-Kochi, about 550Kms in a Bajaj Platina non stop overnight so Apache can do it easily. I suggest you to be in 70-90km/hr range so that the bike may not need much rest.

My two cents, let the gurus give you better suggestions.
Old 6th May 2012, 15:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I think you can try Bhopal-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi. Let the gurus tell the final route.
Since it is summer, if possible, try to do it in two days else some 350 kms before noon and remaining in the evening/night.

I have done Bangalore-Kochi, about 550Kms in a Bajaj Platina non stop overnight so Apache can do it easily. I suggest you to be in 70-90km/hr range so that the bike may not need much rest.

My two cents, let the gurus give you better suggestions.
Thanks a lot for your advice. Well, the thing is, i am not really keen on travelling in the night on these roads as there are hell loads of truckers on this route and it is not advisable to travel in the night on this route itself. If i leave by 4 in the morning, i think i can make it by 8 or maximum 9 in the night to delhi.

The only problem i am facing is the Bhind-Morena stretch. If i am satisfied with the answers i get about this route, then only i will go ahead with the ride. As i have heard before, sometimes it gets a bit frisky ( read dangerous ) although the main issue of people robbing you or anything similar has vanished but still i dont want to take any risk.

I just want to know how is that Bhind - Morena stretch ? Are there any villages or is it just plain barren land with no help ?
Old 6th May 2012, 18:34   #4
BHPian

I'm planning to do a similar bike ride too on my Apache (albeit it will be BOM-BLR-BOM). Since it is the peak of summer, I'll carry energy drinks so that I don't have dehydration. I will be carrying the following documents: RC book, insurance and the driving license. I don't need to have a PUC since the bike is less than 1 year old, but you will have to carry that too. Since you pass through a stretch in between which can be dangerous, please do that stretch in day time only. You can also carry a can of chilli or pepper spray if needed.
Old 7th May 2012, 00:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I'm planning to do a similar bike ride too on my Apache (albeit it will be BOM-BLR-BOM). Since it is the peak of summer, I'll carry energy drinks so that I don't have dehydration. I will be carrying the following documents: RC book, insurance and the driving license. I don't need to have a PUC since the bike is less than 1 year old, but you will have to carry that too. Since you pass through a stretch in between which can be dangerous, please do that stretch in day time only. You can also carry a can of chilli or pepper spray if needed.
Well thanks a lot for those suggestions. I didnt think about carrying any energy drinks ! will keep that in mind. And regarding the PUC, There are no checking centres in Bhopal , so will do that as soon as i reach Delhi.

Lastly , if there is anyone who has done this stretch before, please chip in with some information. It will help me a lot.

Regards

Aditya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks