Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 14:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries

the route suggested in #2 indapur via nh4-kapurhol-saswad-jejuri-baramati-indapur. is also undergoing up gradation work to four lanes from current two lanes. i had driven in that direction about 15 days back and it was totally dug up and full of diversions upto Jejuri.
From here I turned right towards Neera, and saw the work end somewhere between Jejuri MIDC and Daundaj. The road towards Baramati as seen from the junction was also dug up forr work. So it is best avoided.
Route suggested in #3 is the best option. with the road completely 4 lane upto outskirts of Kuruduwadi.

Rahul
Old 10th November 2014, 10:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Just did Nanded - Mumbai via NH222 all the way throughout. I had to try this route afterall with all other routes seen.

The only problem with the above Google map is it is old planned route. The actual NH222 goes through Basmat to Parbhani and is a superb road to begin with right from Nanded.

Here maps on Nokia Lumia have a big problem of being not updated of it and one is confused which one to take.

However the road in between is not pretty, laid with craters and you would need to choose which one to drive through. But it is superb at some places that one can rip to heart's content. It is also with rare traffic, and seems bit lonely for night drive.

This would be the shortest and fastest route if it was superb all throughout. However, consolation one gets is at Malshej Ghat which is beautiful even at this time of the year after monsoons long gone. We had plenty of relaxing quality time there near the evening before driving onward to Mumbai.

Overall a nice enjoyable drive, although would love those hiccup road segments to vanish and make this a butter smooth road that it is at start, at lots of places in-between and after Nagar right upto Mumbai. Plus you drive through nice beautiful landscapes all through, villages with green farms and ghat drives. But with caution to those who would be averse to the craters and rough roads in-between that could kill your spirits and make you think why you took this road in first place.

The cities on route are decently big, Parbhani, Pathri, Majalgaon, Pathardi, Nagar and one can find decent eating places as could make out while just passing by. But would advice carry home made in case of family drive.

Started from Nanded at 8 AM and reached Mumbai 9:45 PM.
Mistakenly got inside at Kalyan and landed at Kalyan Railway Station causing loss of about 30 minutes. Refreshment breaks of about 2:45 hrs out of which about 1 hour was spent at Malshej. A drive of 560 kms in 11 drive hours.

Last edited by parsh : 10th November 2014 at 10:55.
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Hi Parsh ( and Others_,

I am planning to drive from Navi Mumbai to Nanded later this week on 6th Oct. Based on current condition of Road, which one is better route?

I have read about:

1) Navi Mumbai -- Pune -- Ahmednagar --Aurangabad -- Nanded -- This shows travel time of ~ 11.5 Hrs for 611 Km

2) Route that Parsh took ( now it shows NH 61 on Google Maps) -- This shows travel time of ~ 12 hours - 570 KM

3) Any other route suggestions? ( via latur or any other place)

Which is the prefered route at the curent time based on road condition?

Note: I will start from Navi Mumbai @ 11 Am( cannot start early) so day time travel mostly.

Regards,

Balpreet
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
Hi Parsh ( and Others_,

I am planning to drive from Navi Mumbai to Nanded later this week on 6th Oct. Based on current condition of Road, which one is better route?

I have read about:

1) Navi Mumbai -- Pune -- Ahmednagar --Aurangabad -- Nanded -- This shows travel time of ~ 11.5 Hrs for 611 Km

2) Route that Parsh took ( now it shows NH 61 on Google Maps) -- This shows travel time of ~ 12 hours - 570 KM

3) Any other route suggestions? ( via latur or any other place)

Which is the prefered route at the curent time based on road condition?

Note: I will start from Navi Mumbai @ 11 Am( cannot start early) so day time travel mostly.

Regards,

Balpreet
You would be reaching late in evening with such a late start.

You have options of:
1) Igatpuri-Ghoti-Sinnar-Kopargaon-Aurangabad-Jalna-Parbhani-Basmat (Vasmat actually)-Nanded. Some Jalna stretches are not upto mark. Ghoti-Sinnar route maybe still 2 laned but decently drivable.
This is pretty safe route day/night.

2) You would be better off skipping route 2 above if for any reason you get unduly late, it is not a safer route, as it is quite remote. However, the road was under heavy revamp last time I drove in Diwali 2015, still with bad patches towards Nanded side after Basmat. I would love to drive on this route though, the twisties, through remote and hilly regions, Malshej Ghat MTDC Flamingo Resort, Pimpalgaon Joga Dam etc. This was NH222 but rebranded NH61. Traffic is less and can really drive in shorter time.

3) Pune-NH65 (NH9)-Indapur-Tembhurni-Barshi-Latur-Nanded
Upto Indapur-Tembhurni should be superb 4 laned. It was in making long back. But you may face heavy day Pune traffic until you exit it. This is pretty safe route day/night as well.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
You would be reaching late in evening with such a late start.

You have options of:
========
But you may face heavy day Pune traffic until you exit it. This is pretty safe route day/night as well.
Thanks

So you don't suggest Pune - nagar - aurangabad onwards...

Between choice 1 ( igatpuri - aurnagabad) & 3( pune - latur) which one has better roads?

I read somewhere on teambhp about Latur - Nanded section being full of potholes. Any inputs on this?

Regards,

Balpreet
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

So you don't suggest Pune - nagar - aurangabad onwards...

Between choice 1 ( igatpuri - aurnagabad) & 3( pune - latur) which one has better roads?

I read somewhere on teambhp about Latur - Nanded section being full of potholes. Any inputs on this?

Regards,

Balpreet
Yes, Latur-Nanded is not smooth atleast was not last time. Jalna stretch will provide similar challenges as Latur stretch. But I haven't done those stretches since long. However, other parts should be good on both routes.

Road quality-wise, both should be similar. Only towards Pune you get advantage of smooth Pune EWay upto Pune and towards Igatpuri though smooth you may face traffic chokes.

Don't have latest developments/betterment updates on these as of now.

Actually, my miss, you do have option of Pune EWay-Chakan-Nagar-Aur-Jalna-Nanded. Chakan-Nagar could be a choking stretch, or a part of it.

Starting from about 12 PM from Pune, I had reached at about 9 PM to Nanded via Pune-(NH9)-Indapur-Barshi-Latur-Nanded route. It had horrible Pune traffic.

Its a toss
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:17   #22
BHPian

Thanks Again.. when it's a situation like this ( to choose) then you always get confused! 😊
balpreetsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:02   #23
BHPian

I do travel annually to Nanded (it's my native place). I do prefer Pune-Ahemadnagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Selu-Parbhani-Nanded route. The road is superb from Pune to Aurangabad. Aurangabad to Jalna is not as Pune-Nagar, but still not bad.

You'll have a few kilometer's bad patch after Jalna, but I usually take a diversion and drive through Selu (you have to take right turn from Degaon Phata).

This route is somewhat longer, but it's much more safe than NH222. I drove on that highway 2014 Diwali, and literally I couldn't find a single vehicle on that highway during day time. Just imagine what would happen if your car breaks down! I also heard that there were robberies on this route a few months back, but could be rumors too.

I've read that people suggest Latur route, but even that isn't so good.
If you follow Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Selu-Parbhani-Nanded, you'll at least have some company on the road and small hotels and dhabas for refreshments.

Thanks!
Old 3rd October 2016, 19:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
I do travel annually to Nanded (it's my native place). I do prefer Pune-Ahemadnagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Selu-Parbhani-Nanded route. The road is superb from Pune to Aurangabad. Aurangabad to Jalna is not as Pune-Nagar, but still not bad.

You'll have a few kilometer's bad patch after Jalna, but I usually take a diversion and drive through Selu (you have to take right turn from Degaon Phata).

This route is somewhat longer, but it's much more safe than NH222. I drove on that highway 2014 Diwali, and literally I couldn't find a single vehicle on that highway during day time. Just imagine what would happen if your car breaks down! I also heard that there were robberies on this route a few months back, but could be rumors too.

I've read that people suggest Latur route, but even that isn't so good.
If you follow Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Selu-Parbhani-Nanded, you'll at least have some company on the road and small hotels and dhabas for refreshments.

Thanks!
Pkulkarni Thanks for inputs.. More vote for a specific route reassures.
As you talked about hotels / dhabas en route. As I am travelling with family, looking for suggestions for restaurants with clean / hygenic toilets ( apart from good food for sure)

Can you suggest few names & their locations.

Also some Petrol Pump locations with quality Diesel ( preferably COCO as company owned I feel are more trustworthy)

Regards,

Balpreet

Last edited by balpreetsingh : 3rd October 2016 at 19:12.
Old 3rd October 2016, 22:11   #25
BHPian

Balpreet, if you are planning to take route via Pune, then you can stop at "SmileStone" off Pune-Nagar Road. It's roughly near to "Supe" near Ahemadnagar.

Also, there are a lot of decent Dhabas when you approach Ahemadnagar, and you can safely enjoy the food there with your family. No nuisance

Once you pass Ahemadnagar, there's a very small ghat after ~25-30KM. There are two restaurants at the ghat end. I've tried the one on the left, but didn't like the food. Horribly spicy. But by looks, I thought the one on the right side should be better.

After you cross Jalna, there's a small town "Ramnagar". I doubt there's a sign board, but it should be easy to spot, as it's the only village on this route with small industries. It has decent dhabas on left side. I think it's "Pruthviraaj", not sure though. Food quality is OK. It also has a small lawn at the back side. Toilets not so clean, not horrible either.

After Jalna, you'll only get hotels near Parbhani. Rest all are beer bars, not recommended for family. But plenty of small tea-shops en-route.

Also, what car are you taking on this route? I see XUV 500 in your signature. If you're taking this one, then you shouldn't worry about the bad road patch I mentioned in my earlier post
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 13:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Currently, Latur to Nanded road is in best shape with smooth turmac.
Navi Mumbai - pune - tembhurni 4 lanes road. Tembhurni - kurduwadi- barshi town- Latur : good 2 lanes road except 2 km bad stretch between kurduwadi and barshi. Latur - ahmedpur - Nanded : good 2 laned road.

From Tembhurni to Latur : no good restaurants. At Latur, lot of good restaurants.
ASHISHPALLOD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 15:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Currently, Latur to Nanded road is in best shape with smooth turmac.
Navi Mumbai - pune - tembhurni 4 lanes road. Tembhurni - kurduwadi- barshi town- Latur : good 2 lanes road except 2 km bad stretch between kurduwadi and barshi. Latur - ahmedpur - Nanded : good 2 laned road.

From Tembhurni to Latur : no good restaurants. At Latur, lot of good restaurants.
Thanks Ashish.

Have you been on the Pune - Nagar - Aurangabad- Nanded route? If a decision has to be made, which one you would suggest?

Based on my start time from Navi Mumbai( 11 am) if I take Latur route I may be travelling late night between Latur - Nanded. Any possible places for stopover on this route ( with clean toilets)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Balpreet, if you are planning to take route via Pune, then you can stop at "SmileStone" off Pune-Nagar Road. It's roughly near to "Supe" near Ahemadnagar.

Also, there are a lot of decent Dhabas when you approach Ahemadnagar, and you can safely enjoy the food there with your family. No nuisance

Once you pass Ahemadnagar, there's a very small ghat after ~25-30KM. There are two restaurants at the ghat end. I've tried the one on the left, but didn't like the food. Horribly spicy. But by looks, I thought the one on the right side should be better.

After you cross Jalna, there's a small town "Ramnagar". I doubt there's a sign board, but it should be easy to spot, as it's the only village on this route with small industries. It has decent dhabas on left side. I think it's "Pruthviraaj", not sure though. Food quality is OK. It also has a small lawn at the back side. Toilets not so clean, not horrible either.

After Jalna, you'll only get hotels near Parbhani. Rest all are beer bars, not recommended for family. But plenty of small tea-shops en-route.

Also, what car are you taking on this route? I see XUV 500 in your signature. If you're taking this one, then you shouldn't worry about the bad road patch I mentioned in my earlier post
Thanks for great inputs specially those about the places in Ghat section and ramanagar

Yes its gonna be XUV500 on this drive :-)

While checking on Trip Advisor I had shortlisted Smilestone, with your opinion as well now, this is sure shot STOP.

As its a 11-12 hour journey, so these inputs are great about hygenic place ( with clean toilets for sure) to stop

Another inputs by Ashish on route via Latur. What do you suggest about that?

Regards,

Balpreet

Last edited by theMAG : 4th October 2016 at 16:54. Reason: Back-back posts < 20 mins. Please EDIT moving forward.
Old 4th October 2016, 15:44   #28
BHPian

I've been on that route in Feb '14, didn't travel after that on that road. The road was excellent from Pune to Tembhurni, but as Ashish has pointed out, it becomes 2 lane road with no dividers after Tembhurni (even you have same situation on the other route I suggested from Jalna all the way to Nanded).

Comparatively, I feel the Jalna route "slightly" better than the Latur route, but remember this is somewhat longer. But we could find only beer bars on Latur route when we traveled. My family wasn't comfortable at such places.
Old 4th October 2016, 15:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ashish.

Have you been on the Pune - Nagar - Aurangabad- Nanded route? If a decision has to be made, which one you would suggest?

Based on my start time from Navi Mumbai( 11 am) if I take Latur route I may be travelling late night between Latur - Nanded. Any possible places for stopover on this route ( with clean toilets)?
I had travelled on the Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna- Nanded route in the past. I found Jalna to Nanded stretch is boring section, Latur route is equally boring.
Between Latur and Nanded, you will not find any good stopovers during night. So, take your call.
Don't take Nagar - pathardi - Beed - Nanded route, its not safe route.

( My native is Ahmedpur which is in between Latur and Nanded, so I assume I am expert here to comment about that stretch . I travel on Tembhurni - Latur - Ahmedpur route regularly)
ASHISHPALLOD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I had travelled on the Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna- Nanded route in the past. I found Jalna to Nanded stretch is boring section, Latur route is equally boring.
Between Latur and Nanded, you will not find any good stopovers during night. So, take your call.
Don't take Nagar - pathardi - Beed - Nanded route, its not safe route.

( My native is Ahmedpur which is in between Latur and Nanded, so I assume I am expert here to comment about that stretch . I travel on Tembhurni - Latur - Ahmedpur route regularly)
That was a quick response Ashish.

Any suggestions for stopover ( clean toilets must) between Pune - Tembhurni.

Also any idea on -- good petrol pump around Temburni / Latur.

Post Tembhurni its Latur as I understand.

Regards,

Balpreet Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks