Team-BHP - Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/120242-mumbai-nanded-route-queries.html)

Planning to take the route next week. Have done this about 6 yrs back via Pune.

Now GMap has 2 routes (shows default via Pune highway):
1. Mumbai - Umbraj - Nagar - Nanded
Dist 558 km, Time 9 hrs 6 min
Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-mumbaiumbrajnagarnanded.jpg

2. Mumbai - Chakan - Shirur - Nagar - Nanded
Dist 573 km, Time 9 hrs 23 min
Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-mumbaipunechakanshirurnagarnanded.jpg

There is not too much of a difference in the distance and time projected.

What I would like to know is which one is better bet now with the present road conditions if known to somebody having done recent travel on this route? Pune Expressway is not going to save a hell lot for sure. Also I know the Chakan-Nagar route is damn good, done it recently. It is the further legs of the travel I am unsure right now. Are the times quoted by GMaps near about actual? Pls share if any information.

Mods: Kindly merge if required in an existing appropriate thread, did not spot any, so started a new one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 2770660)
Now GMap has 2 routes (shows default via Pune highway):
1. Mumbai - Umbraj - Nagar - Nanded
Dist 558 km, Time 9 hrs 6 min

2. Mumbai - Chakan - Shirur - Nagar - Nanded
Dist 573 km, Time 9 hrs 23 min

What I would like to know is which one is better bet now with the present road conditions if known to somebody having done recent travel on this route?

Though on map, the route looks tempting straight way or highway, ground reality is totally different.
On the both routes you mentioned, the road beyond Ahmadnagar to Nanded is common between them.
Last month, i travelled on the road from Ahmadnagar to 20 km short of Beed on that highway, it is really lonely road, part of that road is single lane village road. You will not find any major town other than Pathardi. No hotels, no dhaaba, no buses, no six seater auto, not even villages on this track. Further from Beed to Nanded via parbhani, i travelled on thst section three years back and i have no good word about it.
Better, avoid both routes and go with traffic via pune-nagar-jamkhed-kej-ambajogai-parli-gangakhed-loha-nanded if you are travelling in day time.
If you are travelling in night time, better go via pune-indapur-kurduwadi-barshi-latur-ahmdpur-loha-nanded. You will have to face heavy traffic between pune and indapur on nh9. Alternatively, you can reach to indapur via nh4-kapurhol-saswad-jejuri-baramati-indapur.

Edit: Ahmadnagar-pathrdi-beed or ahmadnagar-jamkhed-kej are NOT SAFE ROAD during night time.

Thanks AP. I will be starting early morn at 7-8 AM only making it to Nanded by evening. No night driving for sure. Last time, 6 yr back when I had done it, I forgot some stretches, but we made to Nanded at about 9 PM having lost a couple hrs due to going in wrong direction at a place. And that seems to be the second route you are suggesting that has long stretch of NH9 for company. This seems like a still clean route and should be faster with NH9 stretch.

Mumbai - Nanded : Route Queries-mumbaipunenh9mhasalgaonbarshilaturnanded.jpg

IQBAL_VEERJI did a trip from Mumbai-Nanded recently. His inputs may be helpful. PM him.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ji-nanded.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by infotech58 (Post 2770739)
IQBAL_VEERJI did a trip from Mumbai-Nanded recently. His inputs may be helpful. PM him.

Yes, I had read his log. He went via Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Parbhani - Nanded where he had bad stretch after Jalna. Its a longer route. The other suggested by AP seems a better bet, having done it long time back.

On 24th feb this year, i traveled on indapur-barshi-latur-nanded route.
Entire section of this route is in good condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infotech58 (Post 2770739)

Yes dear,
Yes dear, you are right I did this trip just last month.I took Pune expressway up to second toll naka then at the toll I took extream left lane and exited to CHAKAN,NAGAR road.The roads are superb,and if started from mumbai at 5.00 pm then almost nil traffic till Nagar.
The Nagar to Aurangabad road is also good and smooth as glass. Tolls are pittance viz. 11/-,13/-,at times 9/-.
Aurangabad to Nanded road is slightly bad.You cannot go as fast as you had been driving till Jalna.
The route is Aurangabad,jalna,parbhani, jintoor, NANDED.

1) Via Aurangabad: Much much Faster, few tourist places @ Aurangabad, Jyotirling at Aundha on the way, world famous Lonar lake after some detour
2) Via Barshi-Parli would be slower, Mata temple @ Ambejogai, Jyotirling at Parli.
3) Via Nagar-Beed-Ambejogai would be okay/avoidable-at-dark, Mata temple @ Ambejogai, Jyotirling at Parli.
4) Via Barshi-Latur would again be slower, no major attraction

Will be taking the Pune-Indapur-Latur route tomorrow morning. Hope there are no more major updates on the route as of now. Will update on dist/time once done this route asap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 2781376)
Will be taking the Pune-Indapur-Latur route tomorrow morning. Hope there are no more major updates on the route as of now. Will update on dist/time once done this route asap.

Don't enter in barshi town. There is bypass while going from kurduwadi crossing barshi to latur.
Just 3-4 km before barshi, there is bypass on left side, look for the board mention Latur pointing left side. You will save some distance and time by taking this 15 km bypass which is in very good condition.
You may face some trouble during crossing latur city.
Enter the city, simply do not turn anywhere on the road, just go straight at shivaji chowk, gandhi chowk, ganj golai.
ganj golai is major junction in latur city where at least 12 roads come together. ask anyone about nanded road at this circle and carry on. gandhi chowk to ganjgolai is chaotic place, drive slowly.

Any latest updates on routes to Pune - Nanded ?
which one would be best and safe route ( day ) to travel this month..

Hi if anyone has done the Mumbai nanded trip recently please share the best route in terms of road condition. Also if there is night driving which would be safe route? If the route for day driving is different from best route for night driving please provide some inputs.

Thanks

Just done Nanded - Jintur - Jalna - Aurangabad - Vaijapur - Sinnar - Ghoti - Mumbai.

I was averse to taking this route due to Vaijapur and later parts being really bad but decided to try again and was in for a surprise. The route has tremendously improved and is improving.

Nagpur - Aurangabad - Mumbai Expressway seems to be really under complete revamp with all intermediate stretches improved/improving.

Vaijapur is no more like the rough trenches experienced earlier. Most of the patches have been done up to give much better road, though it doesn't seem to be completely new relaying of that road.

Sinnar, Ghoti 4 laning is happening on war scale through the villages with many parts being already done up.

It was quite a surprise to find such a work going on such war footing all along this route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 3443855)
I was averse to taking this route due to Vaijapur and later parts being really bad but decided to try again and was in for a surprise. The route has tremendously improved and is improving.

Nagpur - Aurangabad - Mumbai Expressway seems to be really under complete revamp with all intermediate stretches improved/improving.

Vaijapur is no more like the rough trenches experienced earlier. Most of the patches have been done up to give much better road, though it doesn't seem to be completely new relaying of that road.

Pleasantly surprised! Great to hear. Aurangabad-Vaijapur-Kopargaon was always mix of good and bad and to the point of irritation. Just when you start thinking its nice, you run into a pot hole. I hope the work gets done quite fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 3443855)
It was quite a surprise to find such a work going on such war footing all along this route.

The state assembly elections are just round the corner lol:

Regards
Dieseltuned