Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 00:53   #1
BHPian

Mysore to Guruvayoor

we are a group of 4 adults and 2 kids (one aged 4 years and the other 6 months). We are from Mysore and wanted to go to Guruvayur for the annaprasannam for the little fella.
I did a plot on google maps, and it threw up a route viz. Mysore-Nanjangud-Nilambur-Guruvayoor. we are planning to travel in the 1st week of june (The time when monsoons are to start in Kerala). We are taking 2 cars.

I don't know the road condition on this route- could any recent traveler help me in this regard?. The journey will be around 6 hours I guess, but I wanted to know if the road condition was ok. Please help me in this regard.

Secondly, we were planning to stay in one of the beach resorts (25 kms from guruvayoor) for a couple of days. Could anyone recommend one?. We want reasonable options, and family friendly places - so here again I require assistance. please suggest any other places where you have stayed and found to be good (along with room tariffs)

Thirdly, could anyone suggest good food places on the route, or anywhere in thrissur ? (Non vegetarian). Am dying for a good serving of tapioca and fish .

thanks in advance.
Old 23rd May 2012, 08:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mysore to Guruvayoor

Discussion on same is going on in Road condition to kerala thread. You can get more information from there. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...erala-247.html

Also, it will take around 8 hrs with moderate driving from Mysore - Guruvayoor since travel is in two cars (factor some time when one car will have to slow down for other to catch up), travel is with child on board and also June 1st week monsoon will hit Kerala slowing traffic down.
Dont know about any resorts near Guruvayoor sorry.

Also, unless you want to go to Thrissur for any specific reason you wont be touching Thrissur on way from Mysore - Guruvayoor.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

The NIlambur route should see heavy rains and is one of the route options. If you do take it, KTDC has a hotel in Nilambur where you can have good food.

However, I would suggest you take the Sathyamangalam-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Ottapalam-Kunnamkulam route to Guruvayur, since that could be faster despite the passage through Coimbatore & Palakkad town.

Thalikkulam Beach - that is between Guruvayur & Kodungallur off NH17 via Chavakkad - is one of those unspoilt beaches nearby. However, this will take you towards Kochi.
Old 23rd May 2012, 15:18   #4
BHPian

has anyone stayed in nattika resort in thrissur district?.. it is around 25km from guruvayoor

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks