Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:02   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to Tadoba route enquiry

We are planning for a trip to Tadoba Tiger reserve in june mid. We will be flying to Hyderabad airport and my office car will be there in the airport and myself and my friends plan to drive it to TATR.

1) What is the fastest and safest route to Tadoba(first time travellers)?
2) From the airport should i negotiate city route and traffic if so can some one help me out with the route?
3) How long it takes to Tadoba as we reach Hyderabad by 12:30 PM, can i reach on time before the gate closes in the reserve as my accommodation is at Tadoba Royal Tiger Resort.
4) We will be travelling in an innova and good stop overs for lunch/ dinner and breakfast while returning(will start from Tadoba at 6:00 AM) will be helpful

We have planned for 2 days 4 safari's at Tadoba hope the tiger luck favours us.

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 23rd May 2012 at 09:05. Reason: wrong sentence
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Shamshabad Airport to Tadoba route enquiry and the travel time-Urgent h

Since the airport is on the south side of Hyderabad off the NH7 (Bangalore road), you have to travel to the north end of the Hyderabad city on NH7 (Nagpur road). Instead of driving through the city, the best route would be the Shamsabad expressway (starts from the Airport) towards Gachibowli, MIyapur cross & then the Medak road to Medchal on NH7 - any taxi driver would know this route. This will definitely save you time at midday when you alight from the aircraft.

Ideally, you can go on NH7 till Karanji, which is north of Pandharkawada - after crossing into Maharashtra - and then go to Wani.

You should take at least 5-7 hours.

You can stop at APTDC Haritha restaurant near Nizamabad, which would be roughly 100 kms north of Hyderabad. Food facilities are not great on this highway. Ideally, finish off your lunch on arrival at Hyderabad before hitting the highway.
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:18   #3
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Tadoba route enquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
2) From the airport should i negotiate city route and traffic if so can some one help me out with the route?
3) How long it takes to Tadoba as we reach Hyderabad by 12:30 PM, can i reach on time before the gate closes in the reserve as my accommodation is at Tadoba Royal Tiger Resort.
4) We will be travelling in an innova and good stop overs for lunch/ dinner and breakfast while returning(will start from Tadoba at 6:00 AM) will be helpful

I have not gone to Tadoba, but I have gone to Chandrapur and Ballarpur.
1. Safest route is NH7. After crossing Adilabad ask for Wani. I think the diversion comes after 40-50kms after Adilabad.

2. As HVK mentioned, ORR is an excellent road and you can touch NH7 on it. However, I think it is almost 30-40 kms extra as compared to driving through the city. If you do not mind stopping and asking for directions, or have a GPS, I would prefer to go through the city. If you are going through the city, ask for the following:
1. PVNR expressway (It is a really really long flyover) - you have to get on this flyover.
2. Mehdipatnam (NMDC office if anyone asks where in Mehdipatnam)
3. Masabtank (Just crossing Mehdipatnam , you will get Masabtank)
4. TankBund Road (Lumbini park)
5. Paradise (Secunderabad) - You can have good Biryani for lunch here. Quick service and tasty.
6. Bowenpally
7. Medchal highway ( This is the NH7 ) or Ask for Medak Road

These places come in the order I have mentioned)

Since you are travelling in the afternoon, you will not find any traffic at all within the city. (There is a shorter route than this as well, but you will find traffic).

The route I have mentioned it is just a straight road throughout. You will find the road curving a lot , but essentially follow where the traffic goes.
Link to the road
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport to NH 7 - Google Maps

3. Expect 7 to 8 hours minimum.
4. On NH7, there are hardly any good places to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You should take at least 5-7 hours.

You can stop at APTDC Haritha restaurant near Nizamabad, which would be roughly 100 kms north of Hyderabad. Food facilities are not great on this highway. Ideally, finish off your lunch on arrival at Hyderabad before hitting the highway.
5-7 hours would be extremely optimistic. Including stoppages for lunch I would expect minimum of 8 hours.
Haritha restaurant food is not good. I did not like the taste.
I agree with HVK regarding lunch. Finish lunch in the airport itself if you are taking the ORR road. If you are going through the city, you can eat at Paradise. After touching Medchal highway, there are lot of Dhabas like Zee Dhaba, Paradise Dhaba, Chandini Dhaba and you can eat your lunch here. But you get these places you go only if you go via city.
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

If your aim is to reach Tadoba at the earliest, I would recommend eating at the airport food-court which is excellent and has many options and take the route suggested by HVK as that is the fastest route to NH7 highway

Especially for visitors who do not know their way around, going through the city is a huge pain with many traffic bottlenecks and you will lose precious time even if its during afternoon which these days is relatively less traffic congested due to hot weather.
Old 23rd May 2012, 15:35   #5
BHPian

Refer to the map in below post. Its actually simple as you see in the map.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2176073
Old 24th May 2012, 12:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
We are planning for a trip to Tadoba Tiger reserve in june mid. We will be flying to Hyderabad airport and my office car will be there in the airport and myself and my friends plan to drive it to TATR.

This is a link to t-logue which gives details of a trip that we did in February 2012.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tadoba-ed.html
Old 5th June 2012, 22:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am likely to start my drive to Tadoba tomorrow midnight from Bangalore.

Any joints on the highway that stay open early morning - around Hyderabad - say CCD, McD etc.? Will take a break for breakfast in Hyd.
Old 5th June 2012, 22:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray
I am likely to start my drive to Tadoba tomorrow midnight from Bangalore.

Any joints on the highway that stay open early morning - around Hyderabad - say CCD, McD etc.? Will take a break for breakfast in Hyd.
If you leave Blr at midnight,there is a 24hr CCD at Devanahalli onto your right.Post that there is no 24hr outlet till you reach Hyd.you would reach HYD only around 8am,and by that time all the restaurants would be open.As you approach Shanshabad you would find a Drive In restaurant to your left with an old car perched up on a unipole.Tge place opens at 7.

From Hyd,Tadoba is another 8hrs away.Make sure you eat somewhere in Hyd itself as there is nothing between Medchal and Tadoba.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 09:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!

Can Medchal - Kolara be done in 6-7 hours in a SUV in the morning? Say from 7 AM - 1.30PM?

Also, is it better to take Medak road from Miyapur Cross to Medchal, or go a little bit further North from Bachupally, hit ORR and go to Medchal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you leave Blr at midnight,there is a 24hr CCD at Devanahalli onto your right.Post that there is no 24hr outlet till you reach Hyd.you would reach HYD only around 8am,and by that time all the restaurants would be open.As you approach Shanshabad you would find a Drive In restaurant to your left with an old car perched up on a unipole.Tge place opens at 7.

From Hyd,Tadoba is another 8hrs away.Make sure you eat somewhere in Hyd itself as there is nothing between Medchal and Tadoba.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 6th June 2012 at 09:30.
Old 6th June 2012, 11:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Thanks!

Can Medchal - Kolara be done in 6-7 hours in a SUV in the morning? Say from 7 AM - 1.30PM?

Also, is it better to take Medak road from Miyapur Cross to Medchal, or go a little bit further North from Bachupally, hit ORR and go to Medchal?
ORR to Medchal is not yet open.So do not take the ORR.

Take this route : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=3&t=m&z=14

Drive straight to Gachibowli,go under the flyover and take a left and proceed towards Miyapur.From Miyapur,take a right followed by a left onto the Medak road and exit Medak road at Dulapally junction,proceed straight towards Kompally on the Dulapally-Kompally road and join NH7 at Kompally.Take a left and proceed towards Medchal and onwards to Tadoba.

I dont think Medchal-Kolara can be done in 6hrs,7hr could be possible.You might lose time at Wani-Warora negotiating the coal trucks.Medchal-Karanji is a fast drive on the NH7.Only bad section is before Pandharkawda at the AP-MH border.

Are you staying at Svasara?
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Raipur-Tadoba-Hyderabad

Hi guys,

I am driving up to Raipur from Banglaore around the Diwali timeframe and intend to cover TATR on the way back. For now I am planning to stay at Svasara (Kolara Gate). What would be the optimal route? This is what I had in mind - please provide feedback.

Also, are there any other decent staying options at TATR? From what I have read, MTDC and Royal Tiger Resort are not all that great.

Thanks in advance...
Old 7th November 2012, 16:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Raipur to Tadoba

This is another option that was recommended to me. Any comments?
Old 7th November 2012, 17:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Raipur to Tadoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This is another option that was recommended to me. Any comments?
IIRC Mayankjha1806 took this route on his way from Tadoba to Raipur.
Old 7th February 2014, 15:22   #14
BHPian

any recommendation on place to stay in TADOBA.
Old 7th February 2014, 15:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
any recommendation on place to stay in TADOBA.
There are plenty of places to stay.

Budget:Eco Huts at Kolara gate.Booking via the MTDC website
Luxury:Svasara at Kolara Gate,Irai Safari Retreat

Most Viewed