Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 19:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Monsoon Visit : Chitrakoot falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Day 4 - Jagdalpur - Araku Valley
When you are coming on NH43 from Jagdalpur, after crossing Koraput, you can turn off at Sunabeda and come direct to Araku Valley. This road was good a few months ago when one of my friends drove on the Vizag-Araku-Sunabeda route, but unsure if it is still good.

As sudev found out recently, NH43 in Orissa is not in good condition.
Old 6th July 2012, 09:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in
Day 1 - Mumbai to Nagpur
Day 2 and 3 - Nagpur - Jagdalpur
Day 4 - Jagdalpur - Araku Valley
Day 5 - Araku Valley - Rishikonda Beach
Day 6 and 7 - Rishikonda - Hyderabad
Day 8 - Hyderabad - Pune
Day 9 - Pune - Mumbai

?
Avoid a weekend stay at Araku as it can get very noisy and lousy with the drinkers crowd.There is only the APTDC hotel there which has stay facilities and credit cards may or may not work!.Rishikonda to HYd is a 12hr drive at the minimum.Hyd Pune is also a 10 to 12hr drive with 4laning of Pune Solapur in progress
Old 4th August 2015, 22:31   #18
BHPian

any updates on the road conditions, safety on the Jagdalpur to Bhadrachalam route ? Any recent traveler who has braved a road trip through this route ?
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:30   #19
BHPian

Hi All,
I am hitting the road on 25-Dec going from Pune-Jagdalpur. Need some suggestions on the road conditions. I would have my wife with me and I would do all the driving.
Planning to take the route - Pune - ahmednagar - aurangabad - jalna - mehkar - karanja- amravati - nagpur -bhandara - bhilai.(would stay the night in bhilai)
bhilai - dhamtari - kondagaon - jagdalpur
I am planning to start from Pune at 4 AM. By reading a lot of posts, I came to know that pune-bhilai is doable in 17 hrs. So, would stay in bhilai for the day. I need suggestions for by-passing nagpur traffic at around 4 PM (considering I would take around 12 hours to reach nagpur).
I tried to find the post where someone had mentioned the route for bypassing the nagpur traffic but couldn't find it as of now. Please help me and if you could, then please suggest any other route that can be taken considering road condition and safety.

I have done a trip on my '96 model bullet from mumbai - bhilai but had a horrible experience in nagpur traffic so want to avoid it altogether.
Old 24th December 2015, 20:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
Hi All,
I am hitting the road on 25-Dec going from Pune-Jagdalpur. Need some suggestions on the road conditions. I would have my wife with me and I would do all the driving.
Planning to take the route - Pune - ahmednagar - aurangabad - jalna - mehkar - karanja- amravati - nagpur -bhandara - bhilai.(would stay the night in bhilai)
bhilai - dhamtari - kondagaon - jagdalpur
I am planning to start from Pune at 4 AM. By reading a lot of posts, I came to know that pune-bhilai is doable in 17 hrs. So, would stay in bhilai for the day. I need suggestions for by-passing nagpur traffic at around 4 PM (considering I would take around 12 hours to reach nagpur).
I tried to find the post where someone had mentioned the route for bypassing the nagpur traffic but couldn't find it as of now. Please help me and if you could, then please suggest any other route that can be taken considering road condition and safety.

I have done a trip on my '96 model bullet from mumbai - bhilai but had a horrible experience in nagpur traffic so want to avoid it altogether.

I personally stayed in Nagpur with some relatives so wouldn't be able to help you with bypassing Nagpur however noticed that you mentioned staying at Bhilai...infact the turnoff to Dhamatari is better taken at Rajnandgaon. I guess you could save a good 80-100kms.
nix1976in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 16:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
I personally stayed in Nagpur with some relatives so wouldn't be able to help you with bypassing Nagpur however noticed that you mentioned staying at Bhilai...infact the turnoff to Dhamatari is better taken at Rajnandgaon. I guess you could save a good 80-100kms.
Thanks nix1976in for the reply. I was crazily busy in the new year and wasn't able to reply to you earlier.

We have a house in bhilai and that is why I was eyeing bhilai for a stopover. I started at 4.13 am and was in bhilai at 8.30 pm.

Started for jagdalpur at around a lazy 9 am.

I went to chitrakoot falls in jagdalpur as well which was an awesome experience.

Most Viewed