Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 16:00   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Question: when coming from Agra, on YEH, where do I make the turn to pass through Noida and hit NH24? During my previous Kumaon trip, I had taken the wrong turn, and got stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours in some industrial area before reaching NH24. Want to avoid as much traffic as possible.

Google Maps is throwing up multiple options, and I have a feeling that it is asking me to go through crowded roads.
Old 18th May 2015, 19:19   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Question: when coming from Agra, on YEH, where do I make the turn to pass through Noida and hit NH24? During my previous Kumaon trip, I had taken the wrong turn, and got stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours in some industrial area before reaching NH24. Want to avoid as much traffic as possible.

Google Maps is throwing up multiple options, and I have a feeling that it is asking me to go through crowded roads.
I took the Noida express way from yamuna express way, then the golf course road/link road which took us to NH24. The traffic was very much manageable. I had some work in Noida Sec 125 and hence we took this route.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries-snap1.jpg  

Old 18th May 2015, 20:41   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why go all the way to Noida? Leave YEW at Jewar, and join NH-24 at Garh Mukteshwar. The link should be decent at least 50 kmph. There won't be heavy truck traffic in these parts to make swiss cheese out of tarmac.
Old 18th May 2015, 21:00   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Question: when coming from Agra, on YEH, where do I make the turn to pass through Noida and hit NH24?
Sir, What time will you be coming through Noida? If you are coming in the evening be advised that most merging points with NH 24 will be blocked.

1. Enter the Noida Greater Noida Expressway, turn left on the Crossing Republik Road this merges the furthest up NH 24 also least crowded.

2. Enter the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, turn right at Mahamaya and head straight towards Sector 52 then turn left at the clover flyover, post the left you'll head straight towards the Expocentre. This route has a fair bit of traffic in the evening and morning peak hours. This is a mid way merging point.

3. Enter the Noida Greater Noida Express way, then join the Dadri Road towards Delhi, you'll see a loop flyover (S. 16A) from where you turn right on to Ashok Marg, at S. 23 take a left and keep going straight till you cross Park Plaza, the road then takes a sharp right (usually jammed a little). At labour chowk take a left and keeping going straight till you cross IIM Lucknow (Noida Campus), the NH 24 is a right under the flyover crossing. This is the deepest crossing and requires crossing Indirapuram and the horrible Hindon Bridge.
Old 20th May 2015, 18:40   #200
Senior - BHPian

Will pass through Noda in the morning , say around 9 am.
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:46   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Will pass through Noida in the morning , say around 9 am.
At that time of the day 1 and 3 are the least crowded. Whereas 2 has traffic throughout. Be advised that the merging points onto NH24 will be jammed for a short distance of about 200 mts.
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:53   #202
Senior - BHPian

Took another route towards Kasar last weekend (60 odd kms uphill from Nainital)

Went through the "Kamri" village that joined the Haldwani road later.

Crappy roads! Bazpur route still rules

On a sidenote, the road to Kasar is just amazing!!! Not a speck on the road. In short - Just makkhan!! Makes the nainital road look like the moon surface

And I am not exaggerating
Old 13th June 2015, 14:42   #203
BHPian

Went to Sattaal on the 31st May 2015.

Took a slightly different route
Delhi - Ghaziabad - Hapur - Moradabad - Rampur - Bareilly Bypass (Bilwa) - Baheri - Haldwani - Kathgodam - Bhimtal - Sattaal

With a half hour stop over at Gajraula and another 15 minutes wasted here and there, managed to reach in 8 hours and 45 mins.
Old 28th September 2015, 14:14   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Somebody on Tripadvisor has suggested this route.
Is it good to take in the next few weeks?
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries-untitled.jpg  

Old 1st October 2015, 11:44   #205
BHPian

Dear Team-BHPians,
I will really appreciate any quick updates on Delhi-Nainital route. I will be travelling to Bhimtal tomorrow morning. Thanks!
Old 4th October 2015, 23:08   #206
BHPian

Completed Delhi-Bhimtal drive via Muradabad-Rampur-Rudrapur Haldwani. Road is seriously damaged between Rampur and Rudrapur.
itinerant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 11:32   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

SO what would be the advisable, bazpur stretch? Nainital road?
Old 5th October 2015, 11:42   #208
BHPian

I drove to Bhowali via Rampur, Rudrapur, Haldwani in my Liva GD and the roads are indeed seriously damaged between Rampur and Rudrapur. I had done the same trip in June with 5 people and luggage and while the roads were bad but I managed without any hits to the underbody. This time it was different. With four people on board and luggage, the car took several minor hits on the underbody in spite of taking all possible care.

Good news is that the road between Ramnagar and Muradabad via Kashipur is now good for most of the stretches. We returned from Bhowali via Nainital, Kaladungi, Ramnagar, Muradabad. Only bottlenecks are the Kashipur town and a one-way bridge between Kashipur and Muradabad.
jhaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 11:45   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
Good news is that the road between Ramnagar and Muradabad via Kashipur is now good for most of the stretches. We returned from Bhowali via Nainital, Kaladungi, Ramnagar, Muradabad. Only bottlenecks are the Kashipur town and a one-way bridge between Kashipur and Muradabad.
Thanks, for the update.
So basically, the route that I posted above, just have to remember to use the Moradabad bypass.
Yeah?

Last edited by mayankk : 5th October 2015 at 11:54.
Old 5th October 2015, 11:48   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
SO what would be the advisable, bazpur stretch? Nainital road?
I am not aware of alternative routes that help you avoid Rampur-Rudrapur stretch and if the condition of the alternatives is any better. But I can tell you that there are huge craters on Rampur- Rudrapur stretch, especially as you near Rudrapur.
itinerant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed