Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 11:52   #211
BHPian

re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thanks, for the update.
So basically, the route that posted above, just have to remember to use the Moradabad bypass.
Yeah?
That's right. When coming to Delhi one has to go towards Rampur for a bit after hitting the Delhi higway and take a U turn towards Delhi onto the Moradabad bypass.
Old 20th October 2015, 11:54   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Just reconfirming.
Heading out tomorrow early morn, and taking this route as quoted on the previous page:
Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries-delhi-nai.jpg

Is this okay? Someone somewhere else had mentioned bazpur route, but thats showing up as a sub-road on maps.
Old 20th October 2015, 14:05   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just reconfirming.
Heading out tomorrow early morn, and taking this route as quoted on the previous page:

Is this okay? Someone somewhere else had mentioned bazpur route, but thats showing up as a sub-road on maps.
6 months back, I took the bazpur route and except a 5Kms stretch, rest were good.

Route taken: Ghaziabad-Hapur-Gajraula-Moradabad-Rampur-Suar-Bazpur-Kaladhungi-Haldwani-Nainital

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ne...29.3803039!3e0

You can find some pics/video of the bad stretch here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3708830
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 09:55   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Back, and attaching the route taken.
The area marked in red is the bad bit between bazpur and suar.
Its about 6 kms , with the initial and final 500 metres being the ones youll mind the most. Its broken pieces of tarmac, the kind that reach up the base of your spine, to your head. The actual bad bit of about 5km length, its more like a roller coaster, big troughs and crests. The Tooky took about 14 minutes to go over them. It was a joyride for my boy in the child seat. After the first 200 feet, i had to speed up to about 20() to get past a 5 axle.
That started a giggle fest from the back, so the rest was finished quite quickly. However, I do believe that sedans would have to tread more cautiously. I know I would.
I was lucky, in that I left the day before dussehra, at 630 am, and returned on saturday morning, no traffic while going, and same while returning.
Took the exact same time, 7 hours.

Site review(dont need to, but you must know):
Nainital is absolute crap.
I knew this, but my wife had never been to the place, so it had to be ticked off.
Its crowded, there's no cohesion to the place. parking is worlds away, cabbies are rash.
Head to the general direction of Nainital, but veer off to Bhimtal/Naukuchia etc.
I know most of the mainstream hill stations have been lost to the influx to excess, but this place is the pits.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries-route-taken.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:12   #215
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Thanks Mayankk for the heads up!

Heading the same way on Saturday. Plan to leave Delhi early and reach Nainital by mid afternoon, taking the Kaladhungi - Khurpatal - Nainital route.
Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries-nainital-route.png
If anyone has used this route, a heads up, especially of the Kaladhungi - Nainital section will be a help.

Is the 5km stretch you mentioned so bad that sedans need to avoid it altogether? Haven't gone on this route earlier hence the curiosity. I remember I was in the area a year back and the roads through Haldwani - Kathgodam for the most part (save the traffic in Haldwani) were great!

Any idea about Nainital - Almora - Jageshwar stretch? Has anyone been towards that corner of Kumaon in the recent past?

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 3rd November 2015 at 22:24.
Old 4th November 2015, 00:02   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Is the 5km stretch you mentioned so bad that sedans need to avoid it altogether? Haven't gone on this route earlier hence the curiosity. I remember I was in the area a year back and the roads through Haldwani - Kathgodam for the most part (save the traffic in Haldwani) were great!

Any idea about Nainital - Almora - Jageshwar stretch? Has anyone been towards that corner of Kumaon in the recent past?

Cheers !
Regarding that 5Kms stretch, sedans can do it but at a lower speed than hatchback. You can check this video from my dash cam, this was 6 months back in our Linea.

We did Kausani - Almora - Nainital and this stretch was good.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:34   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Heading the same way on Saturday. Plan to leave Delhi early and reach Nainital by mid afternoon, taking the Kaladhungi - Khurpatal - Nainital route.
Attachment 1435147
If anyone has used this route, a heads up, especially of the Kaladhungi - Nainital section will be a help.

I took all the roads in nainital/bhimtal/binsar/almora area late last year on a solo drive. Theyre all good. May be a little bumpy or traffic ridden, but nothing that should force you to reconsider your holiday.

Not at all. Ive put up a short clip of the stretch. You'll see an i20 trundling along. There are no heart-in-mouth moments. Its more of rolly-polly than bumpy. I recall dzires, a linea, altos, everyone taking this.

None whasoever.
Cheers !

Sorry about the audio. This was from the phone, so conversation was played over. The constant movement, its because of the road.

Last edited by mayankk : 4th November 2015 at 11:35.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 18:25   #218
BHPian

Thanks Guys !

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Regarding that 5Kms stretch, sedans can do it but at a lower speed than hatchback. You can check this video from my dash cam, this was 6 months back in our Linea......

We did Kausani - Almora - Nainital and this stretch was good.
Quote:
........Sorry about the audio. This was from the phone, so conversation was played over. The constant movement, its because of the road.
Thanks Arun & Mayankk! I guess I'll venture that way after all. I'm told the the Kaladhungi - Khurpatal route is through the hills and quite scenic, with the road snaking through verdant forests. Though what I'll miss is the melt in the mouth idlis at Udipiwala in Kathgodam (On second thoughts, maybe I'll sample them for breakfast on my way back)

Cheers !
Old 26th December 2015, 22:40   #219
BHPian

Did Delhi Nainital and back on 24-26 Dec 15. Took the Delhi-Moradabad-Rampur-Suar-Bazpur-Kaladhungi-Nainital route. Except for around 5 Km broken stretch near Bazpur, the route is good. Recommended. Travel time was around 8 hours (however I left city pretty late around 9.30 AM thereby encountering traffic).

Also, while going to Nainital, instead of turning left towards Suar - Bazpur from Rampur, i turned left around 5 kms before Rampur. That route did take me to Bazpur, but via Tanda instead of via Suar. That was a horrible mistake. The worst 35 km stretch of road I have ever travelled on. The town of Tanda was a different world altogether. Takes you right back to medival India. The roads in Tanda are just as they probably were in Akbar's times. Please avoid this route at any cost.
Old 17th January 2016, 19:10   #220
BHPian

Will be leaving for nainital from delhi saturday morning. Any updates on the route?
Old 18th March 2016, 10:32   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Back, and attaching the route taken.
Quote:

Cheers !
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Regarding that 5Kms stretch, sedans can do it but at a lower speed than
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Did Delhi Nainital and back on 24-26
Guys, need some urgent help here. Dad is leaving tomorrow early morning in our Octavia from Meerut. Is that 5km doable in our car? How is the rest of the road? @arun- Hope you didn't encounter any problems with the linea? Is the route prone to getting waterlogged? There might be some rain as per the weather forecast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Will be leaving for nainital from delhi saturday morning. Any updates on the route?
Which route did you take? Please provide with the details of the same.

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th March 2016, 13:50   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Guys, need some urgent help here. Dad is leaving tomorrow early morning in our Octavia from Meerut. Is that 5km doable in our car? How is the rest of the road? @arun- Hope you didn't encounter any problems with the linea? Is the route prone to getting waterlogged? There might be some rain as per the weather forecast.
Which route did you take? Please provide with the details of the same.

Thanks in advance!
I took this route last april and it was dry then. So, not sure about the condition when it rains. Not a tough one but you will need some patience to cross this section without any under body hits. We crossed without any issues.
Old 28th April 2016, 17:00   #223
BHPian

Hi all,

Can anyone update the latest status on this route, as in, which route to take to reach nainital? what is the latest status on road condition? I am planning a trip on my chevrolet beat (petrol) with my wife and my 20 months old son.

Any advice?
Old 2nd May 2016, 21:05   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Hi all,

Can anyone update the latest status on this route, as in, which route to take to reach nainital? what is the latest status on road condition? I am planning a trip on my chevrolet beat (petrol) with my wife and my 20 months old son.

Any advice?
Just completed the Delhi- Ranikhet stretch via Kala Dungher. The five km stretch near Bajpur is under repair right now.They have levelled the road but paving is yet to start. If you want to avoid this stretch, you can go to Kashipur from Rampur/ Muradabad. Just keep following the signage for Jim Corbett till you reach Kashipur. Once you reach Kashipur, rather than going to Ramnagar, you can go straight to Bajpur. This way, you can avoid this five kms under repair stretch.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:50   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant View Post
Just completed the Delhi- Ranikhet stretch via Kala Dungher. The five km stretch near Bajpur is under repair right now.They have levelled the road but paving is yet to start. If you want to avoid this stretch, you can go to Kashipur from Rampur/ Muradabad. Just keep following the signage for Jim Corbett till you reach Kashipur. Once you reach Kashipur, rather than going to Ramnagar, you can go straight to Bajpur. This way, you can avoid this five kms under repair stretch.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot.

How much long, or short is this route as compared to rampur-->rudrapur-->haldwani-->nainital route? and what is the condition of this route, if you know.

Also, is Kaladhungi route easy to drive, as compared to NH? I have heard, it is narrow and much steeper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks