Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 20:14   #1
BHPian

Varanasi - Ranchi

Hi all,

Planning to drive down from Varanasi to Ranchi sometime in Nov 12. Travelers would be my wife, my in-laws and yours truly. I'd be doing most the driving in an Indica (DLS). Plotting the route on google throws up many options

a) Varanasi - Dehri - Aurangabad - Bhadeya - Barhi - Hazaribagh - Ramgarh - Ranchi

Route from Varanasi to Barhi is through NH 2. Barhi to Ranchi through NH 33. Is this the shortest route? Are the roads safe enough to drive i.e. not through Naxal / Maoists area.

b) Varansai - Aurangabad - Daltonganj - Ranchi (NH2 - NH98 - NH75)

This road passes close to Gotang Forest which I believe is Mao area.

We plan to leave early from Varanasi and get to Ranchi within daylight. Is this doable?

Are there any good eateries en-route where we can take a pit stop?

Please help plan this journey. Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 09:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Varanasi - Ranchi

Hi Arup. I would recommend option A for the route.

The Daltonganj-Ranchi road was very bad when I last travelled (though it was 4 years back), moreover the road would have little traffic and passes through jungle and remote areas. No need to take any risk with your family alongside.

On the other hand NH2 is beautiful 4 lane highway. I have no idea about the NH33 from Barhi to Ranchi. But Ranchi to Hazaribagh should be OK, and I hear many people travelling frequently in this route.

For any querry about route I would recommend you contact HVK through PM. Nobody knows the subject better than him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks