Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 22:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Jango

At which point or place in Valparai does one take a left to Munnar?
steer you asked 2 times in this thread the same question and no one replied . I also want to know this secret road directly from valparai to munnar .Is there a direct route from vaparai to munnar ?
Old 18th January 2008, 16:38   #17
BHPian

Planning to go to Ooty; been there earlier couple of times, so really don't need a road guidance.
However I find it difficult when I am inside Mysore. Is there a easy direction to follow from Bangalore Road to Ooty road?
Old 18th January 2008, 20:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
steer you asked 2 times in this thread the same question and no one replied . I also want to know this secret road directly from valparai to munnar .Is there a direct route from vaparai to munnar ?
There is no direct road from Valparai to Munnar, you have to go via Udumalapet (shortest) or Chalakudy-Perumbavoor. However, when you are coming down from Valparai, you can avoid going to Pollachi. The route is as follows:

Come down from Valparai down the ghat via Iyerpadi, Attapadi and Monkey Falls 38 kms. The ghat road ends after Monkey Falls. 9 kms from Monkey Falls (and 17 kms before Pollachi), take a right turn and go to Udumalapet which is 36 kms from this point.

I recall replying to the same question someone had asked earlier in this forum.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Planning to go to Ooty; been there earlier couple of times, so really don't need a road guidance.
However I find it difficult when I am inside Mysore. Is there a easy direction to follow from Bangalore Road to Ooty road?
Now there is an excellent bypass which will help you avoid Mysore City completely. Here is the route guide:

10 kms after crossing Srirangapatna town (and around 5 kms before Mysore town), you will see a cross roads, where you will find both left and right going to Ooty (straight goes to Mysore). If you take the right turn, the bypass will last 26 kms, and lead you to teh Mysore-Ooty road, 6 kms after Mysore city and 16 kms after Nanjangud town. Signages are good at both ends. The bypass is a good road.
Old 18th January 2008, 22:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
If early in the morning I always prefer Ooty road directly through Mysore (dont prefer the BP)...
Keep going straight, there are directions for Ooty, within few minutes you will be in Ooty road...If in doubt ask for Ooty road...

Abhi

Most Viewed