Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 21:17   #1
BHPian

Hubli to Mantralaya

Can someone throw some light on the route/distance/road condition between Hubli and Mantralaya. I am familiar with Bangalore-Hubli and Bangalore-Mantralaya, but this time would like to do Bangalore-Hubli-Mantralaya-Bangalore as I have to visit a temple in Hubli also. If the travel time from Hubli to Mantralaya is more than 4 hours, I would skip the Hubli visit for now and just do Bangalore-Mantralaya-Bangalore. Also, any inputs on current weather condition in Mantralaya would be of great help! I would be starting from Bangalore on Aug 18th, Saturday.
Old 10th August 2012, 21:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hubli to Mantralaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada View Post
If the travel time from Hubli to Mantralaya is more than 4 hours
That is for sure. I myself would be doing that next week, am budgeting 7 hrs minimum, the distance is 377 km via Guntakal, Bellary, Gadag.

The following links will give you an idea:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2727734

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ttadakkal.html
Old 10th August 2012, 23:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada View Post
Can someone throw some light on the route/distance/road condition between Hubli and Mantralaya. I am familiar with Bangalore-Hubli and Bangalore-Mantralaya, but this time would like to do Bangalore-Hubli-Mantralaya-Bangalore as I have to visit a temple in Hubli also. If the travel time from Hubli to Mantralaya is more than 4 hours,
As Narayan said its more than 4 hours because it a minimum of more than 300km.
You have two option. One take the Ron/Sindhanur route towards Raichur and then turn to Mantralayam.
The other option is to go to Bellary and then go via Adoni/Yemmiganur.

Now the option is exercised by many from Hyderabad who travel to Hampi, You can get the latest on that thread. the
Adoni route is mainly frequented by folks going to Mantralayam from Bangalore.
Old 11th August 2012, 08:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You have two option. One take the Ron/Sindhanur route towards Raichur and then turn to Mantralayam.
The other option is to go to Bellary and then go via Adoni/Yemmiganur
Raichur route is a strict no no, the bridge over Tungabhadra is complete, but the Raichur-Mantrlayam road isn't. I was considering it too until I saw this update from roamingrao.

Best would be Yemmiganur-Adoni-Alur-Guntakal and continue on NH63. Note that Alur-Bellary is in dismal condition as well, here are the pics from deehunk.
Old 11th August 2012, 21:55   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all your inputs! I shall go ahead with Bangalore-Mantralaya-Bangalore now and plan the Hubli trip some other time - will have plenty of time for a relaxed trip.
Old 12th August 2012, 13:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The other option is to go to Bellary and then go via Adoni/Yemmiganur.
We did Bangalore-Mantralayam-Hospet-Bangalore by first week of Jul 12 by Toyota Innova. As part of the itinerary, we did Mantralayam-Adoni-Alur-Bellary-Hospet. Out of this Alur-Bellary was the worst road condition that I have ever seen in my life and I strongly suggest anyone not to take this section of road as part of their itinerary.

Laying and broadening of road work is in progress between Alur and Bellary and it is very difficult to drive this section. A 5 KM stretch in this section has no road and I seriously mean that there are ponds kind of deep and wide pits exists on the road and the Innova’s spare wheel fitted on the rear was scraping at almost every pit due to the angle in which it was claiming! To make this further worst, we were traveling in this section in pitch dark by 9 PM!! After seeing a petrol station on the way, we made sure that we were on the road and not by mistake went into fertile land! I am not over stating; this was the case in the month of Jul 12 in this stretch and I can imagine what would be case now when it would be raining in that section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Raichur route is a strict no no, the bridge over Tungabhadra is complete, but the Raichur-Mantrlayam road isn't. I was considering it too until I saw this update from roamingrao.
Raichur route was suggested by MapMyIndia but we took Adoni-Alur-Bellary route following the suggestion given by localities! However, as per your post, Raichur route too is not an option so could be the suggestion by localities not to take this section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Best would be Yemmiganur-Adoni-Alur-Guntakal and continue on NH63.
So, this route is perhaps the one to take from Mantralayam to Hospet/Hubi for now!
Old 7th June 2017, 15:10   #7
BHPian

Bumping up this old thread,
Can anybody provide latest update on route from Hubli to Mantralaya?
I am planning to do this in couple of weeks.

Most Viewed