Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 13:36   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!

Holy ravioli!

Stumbled upon this image from Quora:

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-mainqimg7a716db356444519825a2e06c665da3f.jpeg

585 Rs for an end-to-end travel? That's almost Rs 2 per km. The Ahemedabad - Baroda expressway NE-1 charges Rs. 1.2 per km for the 93 km stretch.

I am wondering why are the rates so high!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 16:16   #242
BANNED

@Gannu_1; Yes the figures are high. However, remember the ALE has better road that the YE. This is why the over-speeding is far more common. Also, ALE being a new highway must have cost more.
Old 18th February 2020, 23:03   #243
BHPian

Spate of bad news coming in respect of ALH. Some major accidents took place in quick succession. Whenever I travel on this highway, I see people driving at reckless pace. My wife some times jokes that every one overtakes you except the trucks.

Feeling bad for all who lost their lives.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...121-2020-02-17

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...167-2020-02-13

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/74185133.cms
Old 12th August 2020, 21:10   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it OK to take the YEW ALE from Noida to Lucknow currently? Wednesday Thursday Friday, no weekend, due to the weekend lockdown in UP.
What all documents/apps would I need? I hope it's safe to travel with spouse.
Old 12th August 2020, 22:26   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is it OK to take the YEW ALE from Noida to Lucknow currently? Wednesday Thursday Friday, no weekend, due to the weekend lockdown in UP.
My friend did Lucknow to Noida today taking Lucknow-Agra Expressway and the Yamuna Expressway. The roads are fantastic as usual. No checking whatsoever. So hopefully it should be same on Noida-Lucknow stretch.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 01:20   #246
BHPian

Quote:
I travelled on this route on June 13, 2020. It was the day when the weekend lockdown was started in UP. I was traveling from my village in Basti (U.P) to New Delhi through Ayodhya, Barabanki, Lucknow, Agra, Noida to New Delhi.

While coming down from Shaheed path towards Kanshi Ram Chowk, I was once stopped by Police in Ashiana Colony. They enquired about the reason to travel at this time. We had some family tragedy. I showed records/document (medical history of relative) to the officer and he was satisfied. He immediately let me move ahead.

ALE was looking more deserted this time. The number of vehicles were further less than normal days. We did not use any of the designated rest places. We were carrying sufficient amount of food and water with us. Thankfully because of fast tag ALE is fully cashless and no touch or exchange of anything required.

YEW still showed some traffic and rest places also showed some human presence. But YEW is not Fast tag enabled so some amount of touching and exchange does happens here so be ready with a sanitizer bottle. Also, YEW requires regular checking of toll slip so that is another disadvantage vis-a-vis ALE.

There is an additional toll in Agra city (ring road ) and it is also not fast tag enabled. So be ready with exact amount. Same you can do for YEW as well.

Some tips finally:

1. Carry all documents of car
2. Carry Aadhar card of all travellers or any another important identity document.
2a. Not sure, but do keep some documents for justifying your travel.
3. Keep sufficient change with you for giving exact amount.
4. Keep sufficient food and water.
5. Keep a bottle of sanitizer readily available.
6. While in car, lower the mask but as soon as you approach a toll or any human, put it on.

I hope this post helps you.

Thanks & Regards
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:42   #247
BHPian

I did the Lucknow-Noida stretch on 13th August. As expected, there were fewer vehicles than before. But there were more patrol cars this time.
There was no need for any documents or so. We had a smooth drive. As always, it is advisable to do this stretch during daytime.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 21:07   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, will any part of Noida to Lucknow via YEW-ALE involve fastag compulsorily? I never put the one I bought on my car, and can't find it, and I'm heading out tomorrow!
Old 9th September 2020, 22:41   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, will any part of Noida to Lucknow via YEW-ALE involve fastag compulsorily?

On Lucknow Expressway fastag is an option. Plenty of lanes, so no delay on cash counters. On Agra Expressway, there is no Fastag, only cash.

Last edited by Wanderers : 9th September 2020 at 22:50.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 22:45   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, will any part of Noida to Lucknow via YEW-ALE involve fastag compulsorily?
At all tollbooths you will find at least one cash lane, usually the left most one.
If you have already purchased a fastag and can paste it on your car, I'd recommend you do it.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 23:12   #251
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, will any part of Noida to Lucknow via YEW-ALE involve fastag compulsorily? I never put the one I bought on my car, and can't find it, and I'm heading out tomorrow!
Not required compulsorily. YEW did not even have fastag scanners till Feb 2020. ALE has fastag as an option. You can pay by card/cash/paytm too.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 23:03   #252
Senior - BHPian

Good evening friends
Query:
I plan to drive down from Gurgaon to Lucknow post Dussehra. Require feedback on:
- Safety at night, esp pitstops for a quick loo break if any
- Road condition via AE/ALE

I will be driving down with wife and kid - am only concerned because I saw far too many places closed on NH1 from 2am-6am and by extension, Lucknow side would be totally deserted
Thanks in advance

Context: Between Pre-2013, and mid 2015, I have done over 20 round trips exclusively at night on this route with wife - thus I am not concerned about general safety esp on NH2. The concern today is only about road works and increased desolation due to COVID
Old 20th October 2020, 23:40   #253
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The concern today is only about road works and increased desolation due to COVID
Take the expressway throughout. Don’t do the old route to Mathura-Agra nor the Gurgaon-Palwal-Yamuna expressway. Yamuna e-way and Agra-Lucknow e-way has all rest stops open. You will have 3 on Yamuna e-way and 2 on AL e-way. The toll slips have the emergency number and they do respond.

You’ll be surprised how normal road travel has become again.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 01:17   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Don’t do the Gurgaon-Palwal-Yamuna expressway.
You’ll be surprised how normal road travel has become again.
Thanks. Supremely re-assuring

Tell me more about your advice NOT to take the above route? It is by far the most convenient and fastest exit out of Gurgaon in the evening.
Old 21st October 2020, 14:29   #255
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Tell me more about your advice NOT to take the above route?
The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-road.jpg

I went on this route two times (2016 and 2020) while going to GGN from Agra. On both occasions, exit from E-way at Palwal, has a really bad stretch (felt like 10-15 km). I was travelling in the evening so couldn't comprehend the surroundings much but there was a longish bridge which had a jam consisting mostly of trucks in 2016, and later in 2020 that section had some grading work due to which there were unpaved roads all-throughout.

One needs to be sure where to take a diversion at Palwal for Sohna, gets confusing at night.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks