Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2017, 22:39   #151
BHPian

re: The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I find the (future) toll exit from the link road had very narrow gates. Even in my City I found it a handful, and what will happen with a wider car I dare not think about it.
Wow, is this on the ALE it-self or on exiting/entering the expressway? How could they messed up like this? What about wider cars & commercial vehicles?

In-fact I am planning a trip in couple of month, from Kolkata - Indirapuram on a much wider car, 1830 mm width to be precise.
Old 5th June 2017, 01:20   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Wow, is this on the ALE it-self or on exiting/entering the expressway? How could they messed up like this? What about wider cars & commercial vehicles?

In-fact I am planning a trip in couple of month, from Kolkata - Indirapuram on a much wider car, 1830 mm width to be precise.

I have been on the expressway around 6 times in the month, and except for the fact that it's not that comfortable to drive at night, the road is excellent.

Also I have entered from the toll gates in a 5'er and a Q5 and had no problems. So you can judge the ability of your car to pass the toll from this yardstick.

The one problem which I found is was that there are various blockages on the road in zig zag patterns which may mean well but ultimately do bad. They start from around the 185 KM mark from Lucknow. Keep these in mind and it'll be a joy to drive.
Stratosphere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 23:00   #153
BHPian

any latest update on the ALE ? So, if one has to go to Patna, one would have to leave ALE at Bilhaur and then take the usual AHI up to Mohania? planning to travel to patna from Noida around 24th june.
Old 10th June 2017, 07:58   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post

It is at the Yamuna Expressway exit from the extension link road of the ALE, ie at the Agra end. Maybe it is not as bad as it looked, but is definitely quite narrow.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 12:45   #155
BANNED

On the way back yesterday, we missed the ALE turnoff on the YE. Why, it is not marked, and at the Agra end there are two roads - to Agra and to Kanpur. I chose the latter and then ended up on the NH2 till Jaswantnagar where I could regain the ALE. Then we got off one junction earlier, as that had a Kanpur board. Ended up doing about 30km on the NH91. Result, total time from GGN to my home was nine hours, as against eight on the way out.

One think I observed on the Honda City. The instantaneous economy display on the dash was about 3kpl better on the ALE than the YE. Speeds were about the same. What could be the cause - better road, or something else.
Old 19th June 2017, 00:37   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One think I observed on the Honda City. The instantaneous economy display on the dash was about 3kpl better on the ALE than the YE. Speeds were about the same. What could be the cause - better road, or something else.
Three things comes to mind:
  1. Better surface. I have not traveled on ALE. Is it concrete or asphalt? Concrete surface are known to deliver better economy.
  2. Wind direction. Tailwind vs Headwind?
  3. Unreliable computer. Instantaneous economy can be misleading at times.
Old 19th June 2017, 11:58   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
Three things comes to mind:
  1. Better surface. I have not traveled on ALE. Is it concrete or asphalt? Concrete surface are known to deliver better economy.
  2. Wind direction. Tailwind vs Headwind?
  3. Unreliable computer. Instantaneous economy can be misleading at times.
1. A mix of both. But more concrete than the YE.
2. No idea. Did not meet any strong winds though.
3. I am not looking at sopt readings but over, say,100k m or so.

The rad may be better, Akhilesh was boasting of 120kph speed limit (how he will manage the NHAI sanction, was not explained).
Old 2nd July 2017, 22:41   #158
BHPian

Completed a round trip on Agra Lucknow Expressway this week. Couple of observations:

1. The road is nearly completed even if the construction of link roads etc is still going on at a few places. But the toll collection has not started.

2. Road is excellent in most parts. Though the divider is narrower than the Yamuna Expressway. The surface quality is mostly excellent.

3. The biggest problem right now is a total absence of petrol pumps, eateries and rest room along the highway. That means that you are basically on your own for nearly 300 kms.

4. It was raining during my drive and noticed small patches of water puddles which does not auger well either for longevity of the road or for the safety of the vehicles.
itinerant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:58   #159
BANNED

Got some clarifications from those using the ALE regularly.

1. From YE you follow the Agra road to enter the ALE.
2. For Kanpur you look for the Araul marking and not the small Kanpur signboard.

I may be again doing Kanpur-to Gurgaon in about a month. So will then report of any progress (hopefully).
Old 7th July 2017, 22:55   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

I did a Lucknow to Gurgaon trip on 24th June using the Agra-Lucknow expressway. Its a fantastic road. It took us 3 hours to reach Agra and thereafter another 4 hours to Gurgaon. The toll s are not yet functional and nor are the public conveniences. The expressway has loose cattle going here and there and also tractors and other construction vehicles roaming around. There were many dogs run over and many roaming around. That's a dangerous thing and to be wary of. This route is better to be avoided at night till all the support structure is in place. There was good enough police presence especially near Etawah.

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-1-65.jpg
Lovely inviting roads.

More details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4230603
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 20:03   #161
BHPian

I will be doing a Delhi-Lucknow trip soon. Can anyone tell me if there is a fuel bunk once YEW ends at Agra and before we get on to the ALE?

Do I need to take a detour into Agra town to fuel up?
Old 30th July 2017, 22:09   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
I will be doing a Delhi-Lucknow trip soon. Can anyone tell me if there is a fuel bunk once YEW ends at Agra and before we get on to the ALE?

Do I need to take a detour into Agra town to fuel up?
There is a Reliance pump near the Shikohabad entry, around 50-60 kms from the start of ALE on the Agra side. It is the only pump on the e-way AFAIK.

Hope it helps.
Stratosphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 13:27   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
There is a Reliance pump near the Shikohabad entry, around 50-60 kms from the start of ALE on the Agra side. It is the only pump on the e-way AFAIK.

Hope it helps.
Managed to locate it on Google maps. Have dropped a pin on the location. Google reviews appear to suggest that it only sells diesel.

Doesn't solve my petrol woes but the information should be helpful to diesel users. Thanks for sharing.
Old 31st July 2017, 13:43   #164
BANNED

I am planning to fill up at the Reliance Pump in Chaubeypur on my way from Kanpur to Araul to get onto the ALE. If I tank up near my home, then I reach home in Gurugram with the fuel warning solidly lit. Not my way. So Insha Allah we are off day after tomorrow.
Old 9th August 2017, 18:47   #165
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I am planning a trip to Lucknow. Wanted to know if the fuel bunks near 26.975274, 78.803827 at the ALE/AH1 interchange are accessible when proceeding from Agra towards Lucknow on the ALE.

It appears from the satellite view that the exit from the South East bound ALE, towards North West bound AH1 is blocked with debris of some kind. While I am planning this trip on a 4x4 , not particularly interested to "prove" anything.

Does the block ^^^ imply, I'll need to take the wrong side of the entry ramp from South East Bound AH1 to South East Bound ALE?

Also, on the return journey from Hazratganj, Lucknow, which is the best route to get to the North West bound ALE, and the last fuel bunk enroute within Lucknow city precincts.

Regulars - please comment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks