Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2018, 19:52   #211
BHPian

re: The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Now my question to fellow BHPians is whether it is safe to take ALE at that time to reach LKO? I'll be traveling with wife and kid. Please suggest/guide.

Dear vikasshu,

In past one year I have travelled on ALE three times.
The place is very deserted. Chances of external support is very remote, specially at night.

You should avoid night drive on ALE even without family.

Brdgs
Sail
Sail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 21:35   #212
BHPian

I will agree with Sail. I do Delhi-Lucknow-Delhi every month, the facilities are not so confidence inspiring for a night drive. It is deserted for most of the part. Please avoid if you can.
sinharishi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 10:19   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,
Now my question to fellow BHPians is whether it is safe to take ALE at that time to reach LKO? I'll be traveling with wife and kid. Please suggest/guide.
You you like dares? If not stay away There were some reports of robberies on this xway so I wouldn't take a chance with family
sparkguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 10:32   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Dear vikasshu,

In past one year I have travelled on ALE three times.

Brdgs
Sail
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I will .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
You you like dares? family

Thanks friends. We have changed the plan. Now we'll start early morning to avoid the late night security issue and hassle. I really appreciate quick feedback from all of you.

Kind Regards

Vikas
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 11:50   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

Vikas
Once again thanks to all who provided their inputs in our planning. We started at 6 AM on Thursday (Sept 20) morning from Dwarka Delhi and reached Agra by 9 AM. Lost some time in Delhi because of a severe jam near Vasant Vihar and a petrol break. The Agra Lucknow expressway was mostly empty even at 10 AM. For kilometers, we used to travel alone on the road. Interestingly I observed more trucks in comparison to private cars.

While coming back on Sunday (Sept 23) noon from Lucknow, the number of private vehicles was much much better. Every few minutes cars were visible to us. In fact I sighted a white Polo with the Team BHP sticker. The weather was amazing with black clouds approaching and lush green paddy fields were adding to the beauty of the surrounding. There were lovely flowers on the median of the road and they were icing on the cake.

Some pics for all of you.

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-7cc35d6358c646e3b1c9ce0dc6fd1e9d.jpeg

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-a564d20079b749569139cac5e57d2093.jpeg

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-2155de523f0c4a26b7c20371b39c48c3.jpeg

The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!-4c82845909874f6d962e73bfafe2fca7.jpeg
vikasshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 09:18   #216
BANNED

Came on the ALE it the beginning of the month. As advised we drove on the old NH2 till past Etawah, and then got on the ALE at Jaswantnagar. It was a decent drive (Rs.160) and then we moved over to the road on to the YE. Very smooth drive. Also, Kanpur - Etawah has improved - only two tolls (there used to be numerous ones earlier). No change in tariff I guess but a lot quicker. I did come across some GP drivers doing 120+.
Old 26th September 2018, 10:19   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Came on the -

While coming from Delhi to kanpur do you suggest to get down at Etawah and take NH2? I usually take Bilhaur route but road from Bilhaur to kanpur is nothing to write about. What about going back from Kanpur to Delhi?
Old 26th September 2018, 11:42   #218
BANNED

@sparkguy; Time wise it is about the same. The run from Kanpur to the ALE takes about an hour and a half, (more like two) and is a pain. So the NH2 is preferable. I checked from a Roadways contact and he advised the current route. So basically we use the NH2 from Kanpur to Jaswantnagar and then ALE-YE to NOIDA and beyond.

Time taken to Gurugram is the same.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 13:56   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Once again thanks to all who provided their inputs in our planning. We started at 6 AM on Thursday (Sept 20) morning from Dwarka Delhi and reached Agra by 9 AM. Lost some time in Delhi because of a severe jam near Vasant Vihar and a petrol break. The Agra Lucknow expressway was mostly empty even at 10 AM. For kilometers, we used to travel alone on the road. Interestingly I observed more trucks in comparison to private cars.
Hi Vikasshu

I will be going to Agra early Saturday morning from Dwarka. This will be my first trip on the Taj expressway. Is there a decent foodcourt / dhaba etc for a breakfast break ?

TIA !
Old 27th September 2018, 14:08   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Once again thanks to all who provided their inputs in our planning. We started at 6 AM on Thursday (Sept 20) morning from Dwarka Delhi and reached Agra by 9 AM. Lost some time in Delhi because of a severe jam near Vasant Vihar and a petrol break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hi Vikasshu

I will be going to Agra early Saturday morning from Dwarka.
Hey guys, quick check. Did you consider going through the KMP Expressway? We did Gurgaon - Agra way back in '16 via KMP. So, KMP - connection - Taj Expressway. The only problem is the KMP - Taj Expressway connection which was terrible (took about an hour).

But it did save us quite some time. We stay near Manesar so we completely avoided Gurgaon and Delhi.
Old 27th September 2018, 14:15   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey guys, quick check. Did you consider going through the KMP Expressway? We did Gurgaon - Agra way back in '16 via KMP. So, KMP - connection - Taj Expressway. The only problem is the KMP - Taj Expressway connection which was terrible (took about an hour).

But it did save us quite some time. We stay near Manesar so we completely avoided Gurgaon and Delhi.
A quick Google search shows that that Agra via KMP is about 20km longer and 80 mins slower from my place, so I guess I'll stick to the Taj expressway.
Old 27th September 2018, 16:29   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vikasshu

I will be going to Agra early Saturday

TIA !
Hi Eddy,
I’ve never used any of the food outlets on Yamuna Expressway. We normally carry our breakfast with us in form of pooris and chai. At one of the pit stops, we take a break and finish our food.

But there are some good options available like for example I saw boards of Starbucks and Costa Coffee while going towards Agra this time. The stop which is closer to Agra, at Suraj, has good options I believe.

I am sorry not of much help here.

Regards

Vikas
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 17:07   #223
Team-BHP Support

Actually, you have been. Starbucks is a good enough option for a quick coffee and sandwich.

Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 03:50   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a decent foodcourt / dhaba etc for a breakfast break ?TIA !

Hi Eddy,

Suggest you should try Jolly boy Restaurant for breakfast. Same compound you have option for Subway too. It is the cleanest outlet of the lot.

Google it, it will be closer to Greater Noida side than Agra end, thus it makes sense for breakfast break.

Brdgs,
Sail
Sail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 11:32   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I will agree with Sail. I do Delhi-Lucknow-Delhi every month, the facilities are not so confidence inspiring for a night drive. It is deserted for most of the part. Please avoid if you can.
I may add that in the current age probably things are improving. Crooks are by and large in hiding due to the fear of an 'encounter'.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks