Team-BHP - The Agra - Lucknow Expressway!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Agra - Lucknow Expressway! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/124998-agra-lucknow-expressway.html)

It appears that Akhilesh has given the Green Signal for the Agra-Lucknow Expressway yesterday.

It will cut the distance from about 345km to 274km. The route alignment seems to be parallel to the NH2 till Etawah and then cut across Mainpuri and Malihabad. There are news items about it.

Expedite work on Agra-Lucknow Expressway: UP CM to officials, IBN Live News

and

Expedite work on Agra-Lucknow Expressway

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2871028)
It appears that Akhilesh has given the Green Signal for the Agra-Lucknow Expressway yesterday.

It will cut the distance from about 345km to 274km. The route alignment seems to be parallel to the NH2 till Etawah and then cut across Mainpuri and Malihabad. There are news items about it.

Expedite work on Agra-Lucknow Expressway: UP CM to officials, IBN Live News

and

Expedite work on Agra-Lucknow Expressway

Nice and keen eye, Prof.

Any alignments?

The news article mentions "Firozabad, Shikohabad, Etawah, Mainpuri, Kannauj and very close to Malihabad". Since Shikohabad, Etawah and Mainpuri form a triangle and not a straight line, how will they connect all by the expressway.

With the Yamuna Expressway opened for public it seems the UP CM wants to up the ante by expediting the said expressway and claim the honor for doing so. In either way the commuters would the beneficiaries of such initiatives. I could not find any timelines suggested for completing the work.

Can someone post the exact route on the google map for everyones benefits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skdking (Post 2871287)
Nice and keen eye, Prof.

Any alignments?

The news article mentions "Firozabad, Shikohabad, Etawah, Mainpuri, Kannauj and very close to Malihabad". Since Shikohabad, Etawah and Mainpuri form a triangle and not a straight line, how will they connect all by the expressway.

Shikohabad, Firozabad and Etawah are as on the NH2. Mainpuri is an important constituency for the Yadav's. There is always some politics in the logic!

I agree with skdking that logically they should have gone Agra - Mainpuri and slipped the others, but I am wondering whether there is some geographical twist as well. Mainpuri to Kannauj will be the old NH91. From Kannauj to cut across to Malihabad will require a bridge on the Ganges (most expensive part). Maybe they will use the existing bridge at Kannauj to cater to two lanes!

Both NH91 (aka GT Road in Kanpur) and NH2 (Sher Shah Suri Road) are very old roads, so should have been the best alignments in their days.

They are not letting grass grow under their feet. Seems the preliminary work is done, and now they are into implementation.

The alignment is as mentioned. It startes from the Agra Ring Road (very near the E'way) and goes near NH92 around Etawah. Then follows NH91 till Kannauj and thereafter NH24a (Lucknow-Hardoi). Then by the looks of it they cross the Ganges near Kannauj. So what I posted above seems to be the logic.

They plan to complete in five years, and will not have too many interchanges (only four I think). By the looks of it Jaypees may be in the front row.

Sorry a few corrections:

Toll Plazas - Five
Interchanges : Eight
Service Areas: Four

Period is three and not five years. I wonder how will they put up a bridge on the Ganges as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2885901)
Sorry a few corrections:

Toll Plazas - Five

Period is three and not five years. I wonder how will they put up a bridge on the Ganges as well.

Hi Prof,

Any updates on the project?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skdking (Post 3098807)
Hi Prof,

Any updates on the project?

Last what i heard was there were farmer protest against acquistition of their farmland and nothing moved since then

Have the project been awarded to any group?? From the media news Jaypee group is not in good books of Yadavs and they have already withdrawn there money for the Ganga expressways.

This so called Agra Lucknow expressway seems still not awarded to any group so I dont think land acquisition have started for it. The young CM have too many things on his plate. Hope to see some actual work at ground level soon instead of just media talks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by <Badguy> (Post 3099078)
Have the project been awarded to any group?? From the media news Jaypee group is not in good books of Yadavs and they have already withdrawn there money for the Ganga expressways.

Money sees no colour - so they have made their peace with the Yadavs. I do see reports at least twice a month on the -e-way but do not track them closely. The proposed route encompasses all the family constituencies so is unlikely to be abandoned, but then one ever knows. afaik route surveying has been going on for some time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2885901)
Sorry a few corrections:

Toll Plazas - Five

Over a distance of 300 odd kilometers, just 8 interchanges - that is weird. So no other entry/exit points except the 8?

Folks,

Top infrastructure companies have evinced interest in the proposed Agra-Lucknow expressway project in Uttar Pradesh.

UP Expressway Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) had organised a pre-bid conference at New Delhi.

Fifteen companies viz. GVK, GMR, Essel Infra, Vinci Concessions, Jaypee Infra, SREI Infrastructure, Supreme, PNC Infratech, Soma, Gammon India, Leighton – Welspun, IL&FS, Uniquest Infra, Transtroy and Punj Lloyd participated in the conference.

The link is here: -

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2400437_1.html

This is great news and will certainly help the people of state. If Akhilesh is able to pull it up in his five year term than this will certainly help the state in its development. But then why is Kanpur left behind in the proposed plan :Frustrati

The city has always been left behind by both SP and BSP even though it has highest number of taxpayers in state. Connecting the three dots etawah mainpuri and saifai doesn't sound economically good decision. I would have been more happy had the expressway followed the normal NH2 route and then to Lucknow. This would have also helped the commuters commuting on NH2 to Kolkatta and eastern India.

Nonetheless this is good initiative by the state government and just hope that they pull this up without any delays and scam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by <Badguy> (Post 3107673)
The city has always been left behind by both SP and BSP even though it has highest number of taxpayers in state. Connecting the three dots etawah mainpuri and saifai doesn't sound economically good decision. I would have been more happy had the expressway followed the normal NH2 route and then to Lucknow.

Actually, they are using two old alignments (NH2) and then NH24, with a link in between to cross the Ganges. This is also an old highway (NH91). So this reduces the surveying required and also makes it more likely that the route will be viable.

Forget Kanpur, this may be the biggest city in UP but is now a dying city with no industry worth the name which is viable. The Mancheser of the Eas has long been history. As for the NH2 and NH25 linkage I think with the Ganga Barrage we will have a fast linkage of NH91 and NH2 to NH25. Remember a lot of NH2 will soon be six lane.