Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 17:11   #1

Dhanbad, Jharkhand - Pune, Maharashtra

Hi Y'all

My Scorpio SLX was stolen on 23rd September night from Pune, and was found abandoned by the good folk at Gobindpur PO, Jharkhand on the 26th morning. This Gobindpur is 12km from Dhanbad, on NH2.

I have to go with a couple of local police officers to get it released, repaired (the thieves seem to have had an accident) and then have to drive it back. I would also like to know if the M&M service center there is any good, and whether they will be able to look at and fix my car on a war footing. Dont want to camp in Dhanbad for a week.

I need to know what's the best route, and where are the bad patches, the unsafe bits, where's some decent food, and where can we stay the night on the way back. I was thinking Dhanbad - Raipur on day 1 and Raipur-Pune on day 2.

Any advise would be welcome. Needless to say, I will be getting it fixed to the extent such that I can bring it back and then have a full overhaul / rebirth here under my watchful eyes in Pune.

Guys, you love your car, but when it's gone you realise just how much!

Looking forward to some advise.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif

thanks in advance,

Pranav
Old 27th September 2012, 23:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Dhanbad, Jharkhand - Pune, Maharashtra

Contact Auto-Planaate (M&MASS) at Matkuria (nr Bank More - locals will help you with directions) 14 kms from Govindpur, 1km from Bank More (heart of Dhanbad), 2kms from Dhanbad station.
I personally know someone there who will help you.
Will send you details of the person by PM.
Regarding return route, check google map & older posts on team-bhp. Follow Dhanbad - Ranchi - Sambalpur route to get to NH6. Dhanbad - Raipur may be ok in a day. (Someone did Ranchi - Raipur in 15hrs in Maruti800) Dhanbad - Ranchi is 4hrs max on Scorpio. But Raipur to Pune in one day is ambitious.
Senoirs may comment.
sauravdc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks