Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2012, 22:12   #1
BHPian

A North Indian 'Hindustan' trip in the offing

From Pune in my new Honda City I plan to make a near 15 day trip to the north. Being historically inclined I intend to cover some historical places on the route. My rough plan and places under consideration are -

Pune - Indore (via Kopargaon or Aurangabad) - Ujjain - Kota - (want to go through the historical Mukandara pass) -Bundi - Bharatpur (incl bird sanctuary) - Kumher - Deeg - Agra -Bithoor - Allahabad - Varanasi (wonder if I can throw in Ayodhya) - Khajuraho - Sanchi - Bhimbetka - Asirgarh - Pune.

Firstly, I need at least half a day at Indore, Kota, Bundi, Bharatpur to see the places so plan to reach the night before. I will need half a day at Kumher and Deeg (starting from Bharatpur) before I end the day at Agra. From here to Bithoor - again a day here - then Allahabad (Triveni sangam) - Varanasi - (ghats and Vishwanath temple) - Khajuraho (one day) - Sanchi (stay ovenight) and Bhimbetka - head for Asir garh and stay at Burhanpur. Then straight drive back to Pune.

I am exploring the road situation. The Pune Indore stretch will be done by leaving Pune on a Sunday afternoon in December 2012 (say 9th Dec) and staying at Dhulia or Kopargaon, then stay at Indore, Ujjain, Kota, Bharatpur, Agra, Bithoor, Allahabad, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Sanchi/Bhopal (although prefer to avoid large congested cities), Burhanpur (although would prefer to push on for Aurangabad if I quickly finish Asirgarh in the morning - but then need to look for a place near Asir.)

The Agra - Varanasi section is on the GQ so should be good. The rest is going to be a mixed bag.

I will largely be not only a single driver but also the only occupant. Getting somebody who is inclined to see these places, loves (safe) driving and can take two weeks (or more) off is a difficult proposition!

Please send me your suggestions and advice!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks