Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 16:57   #1
BHPian

Any issues due to the sugarcane stir in the Kolhapur-Satara belt?

This Monday, driving down to Goa from Pune became a 10 hour affair, with 3 stoppages along the way because of rasta roko by farmers agitating for better sugarcane prices. While it was peaceful, and traffic was restored after some time, there were news of things turning violent in Sangli and some areas around Kolhapur.

I am planning on driving back to Pune tomorrow morning from Goa, and was wondering if it was safe to take the usual Goa-Amboli-Azra-Nipani-Kolhapur-Satara-Pune route, or whether I should take the longer (and much slower) option of taking NH17 all the way to Mangaon and then entering Pune via Mulshi.

Any recent updates from anyone in the area?
Old 16th November 2012, 17:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Any issues due to the sugarcane stir in the Kolhapur-Satara belt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
This Monday, driving down to Goa from Pune became a 10 hour affair, with 3 stoppages along the way because of rasta roko by farmers agitating for better sugarcane prices. While it was peaceful, and traffic was restored after some time, there were news of things turning violent in Sangli and some areas around Kolhapur.

I am planning on driving back to Pune tomorrow morning from Goa, and was wondering if it was safe to take the usual Goa-Amboli-Azra-Nipani-Kolhapur-Satara-Pune route, or whether I should take the longer (and much slower) option of taking NH17 all the way to Mangaon and then entering Pune via Mulshi.

No fresh incidents after that.I know of people who have driven Bangalore-Delhi yesterday and they passed by without any problems.If you hear of problems,even then take the Kankavli-Radhanagari or the Gaganbawda route to Kolhapur and then connect to NH4,
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 17:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb
No trouble at all. I used the same route yesterday 15th Nov (goa- sawantwadi - amboli- ajara- gadinglaj- sankeshwar - kolhapur- Pune- Mumbai).
There was police presence on the highway at 3-4 places between kolhapur and satara.
ceebeezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 19:45   #4

re: Any issues due to the sugarcane stir in the Kolhapur-Satara belt?

Hi, Did the same route (Dabholim- Sawantwadi - Amboli- Ajara- Gadhinglaj- Sankeshwar - Kolhapur- Pune) on 14th. The Kolhapur Pune stretch was in the afternoon (2.30 pm to 6.30 pm) There was no blockade. Rgds, Arun
arunkmar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 23:26   #5
BHPian

Re: Any issues due to the sugarcane stir in the Kolhapur-Satara belt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
No trouble at all. I used the same route yesterday 15th Nov (goa- sawantwadi - amboli- ajara- gadinglaj- sankeshwar - kolhapur- Pune- Mumbai).
There was police presence on the highway at 3-4 places between kolhapur and satara.
Hi

How much time did you take to reach Mumbai from amboli. I am planning a trip to malvan and would like to know how much time it takes to reach malvan from kolhapur.
Old 17th November 2012, 23:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai

Hi

How much time did you take to reach Mumbai from amboli. I am planning a trip to malvan and would like to know how much time it takes to reach malvan from kolhapur.
Amboli to sankeshwar via ajara and gadinglaj was 3 hrs. Sankeshwar to Mumbai (panvel) on NH4 was 5 hrs. After that vashi to malad was
Old 17th November 2012, 23:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai

Hi

Amboli to sankeshwar via ajara and gadinglaj was 3 hrs. Sankeshwar to Mumbai (panvel) on NH4 was 5 hrs. After that panvel to malad was 2.5 hrs and this is variable depending on traffic; same stretch being covered in 1 hr on my mumbai-goa leg!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks